PDA

View Full Version : KTM info

44oEX
06-22-2004, 09:28 PM
where can I get some info on old KTM.

I am fixing my friends 89KTM 125 cause it runs like crap.
But I can find any info. and my local dealer s*cks

TORO1968
06-23-2004, 05:25 PM
You might see if a Clymer manual is available for that bike... If not that, see if you can order a factory service manual from a KTM dealer other than the one that hasn't helped you out.

-Jordan

TC426EX
06-23-2004, 05:55 PM
Is it a 125SX?? I used to have a '94 SX before I saw the light and bought a quad!! Maybe I could help you out so PM me with what the problem is...

olimj
06-23-2004, 08:30 PM
Try http://www.ktmtalk.com.

44oEX
06-23-2004, 09:17 PM
thanks. here is the problem. He bought the bike at the end of last summer. and it never really ran to good. but now it won't even hit the power band it just spits and spuders. My first tough was the the carb was dirty, thats not it. Then I saw the jetting and it's a 48 and a 175 I figured that was way to big My 500ex has smaller jets then that. but they have the little star on them so there factory jets. he does have a FMF slip on with the stock head pipe and a twin air filter so the jetting could prabably go even bigger. then I check the plug and it's a little on the rich side but nothing to worry about, it's not that bad.

The motor in that thing is probably long over due for a rebuild and it leaks from every where.

I don't want to tear it up right know cause my local dealer " toys for big boys" says they only have the books for 2000 and up so they can't give my any help for info. And since they have the worst customer service ever I didn't ask if they can even get some gaskets. I have to find that out. If I can't get gaskets I am f*ucked cause I can't tear in the motor.

So what do you think.
oh and I can't order parts from somewhere else like the states cause it would be to expencive for shipping and the guy is only 15.

44oEX
06-23-2004, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by TC426EX
Is it a 125SX?? I used to have a '94 SX before I saw the light and bought a quad!! Maybe I could help you out so PM me with what the problem is...

he thinks it is but he's not sure. he took the serial number to the dealer and they to him it was a 89 he tough it was a 91 but they said the can't tell if it's a sx.

is there any way to find out???
And I know this bike is a piece of trouble but it's not mind so I can't just trow it out. lol