PDA

View Full Version : Elka piggyback's or remote resevoir's??

300ex_dude
03-26-2002, 01:48 PM
Which one should I get?? The piggyback's or remote reservoir's?? They are the same price. I think I'm gettin the piggyback's though. Just wanted to see what you guys thought. Thanx

03-26-2002, 01:50 PM
I'd get the remote rezzies,,that way you can tuck them back in your frame out of harms way..

Dave400ex
03-26-2002, 01:59 PM
The Performance is the same. It`s really your Choice. I would get the Remote Rezzies so you can put them where you want.

Nausty
03-26-2002, 04:09 PM
I'm getting piggy backs for mine.

03-26-2002, 04:16 PM
I think it's a personel choice. I like having the piggybacks for 2 reasons:
1) I like the looks of them versus the remotes.
2) It's easier to put on the shock and remove due to the rezzies not being "clamped" down. I remove mine from time to time to add or remove the spacers to set front ride height.

I haven't had any problems with them hitting obstacles...... Yet.:rolleyes: Hope this helps.

Smoker
03-26-2002, 04:20 PM
When I ordered my shocks from Quadshop Jeff recommended the piggybacks because he's seen the hoses get tore off of works by sticks before. I chose the remote anyway, a preference thing, I guess. I would think that the remote rezzy cool better since you have a bit more oil and it's traveling away from the shock. :p

Dave400ex
03-26-2002, 04:56 PM
Well I`m not sure what I want Now. I know the Remote Rezzies cool the Shocks better. When the Time comes, I will have to think about it.

Foxrage
03-26-2002, 06:58 PM
I think they look like ohlins and i hate the looks of them so i would get the remote ones. The piggy backs have some good reasons and so does remote so its either looks or what ever the beter reason is.

Dave400ex
03-26-2002, 07:33 PM
I think it comes down to Which Rezzy Setup you like Better.

300ex_dude
03-26-2002, 07:42 PM
Which rezzi setup do you guys like better?

Dave400ex
03-26-2002, 07:51 PM
I like the Remote Rezzies better myself, but I know a lot of the Guys like the Piggy Backs.

mrusk
03-26-2002, 08:40 PM
I ordered remote resivors with my elkas. And my rear elka is coming with a long hose so i can mount the resivor up by the engine.

matt

ride300exred
03-26-2002, 08:49 PM
Dont mount it too close, the engine heat will heat up the shock oil .

beerock
03-26-2002, 08:58 PM
REMOTE resiviors are better.
simply because of the heat transfer from the shock to the piggy back.

mrusk
03-26-2002, 09:01 PM
I dont mean like right on the engine, up on the top frame rail by the pea cock, you know, where all the pros put theres.

matt

Foxrage
03-27-2002, 03:51 AM
I like the remote better. The 400 stock rear shock has piggy back and havent had any problems so its just looks for me. The stock rear shock resivoir is pretty close to the motor.

Dave400ex
03-27-2002, 04:08 PM
Mrusk, What Adjust Settings did you get on the Front and Rear Shocks? Did you Order your Laeger A-Arms, Swingarm, and Steering Stem? I like the Look of the Rezzy up by the Tank. It looks Sweet.

mrusk
03-27-2002, 07:06 PM
WarriorMan, My front elkas are triple rate ssd compression adjust, my rears are

I am not getting the laeger aarms. No body has them in stock. I think i am going to get the herrmann racing aarms. They look really beffy and are 500 bucks. http://www.herrmannracing.com/atvprodcuts.htm Check them out. I ordered a chrome houser stem with antivibe clamp, i should have it any day. And as for now i am not buying a new swingarm, my stocker should last me a year.

My R should be all together in 2-3 weeks. I got 4k in parts in my basement waiting to go on!

matt

Dave400ex
03-27-2002, 07:28 PM
Mrusk, Those are the Front Shocks I want. You will have to let me know how they Work out for you.

If you aren`t getting Laeger A-Arms, I would get Houser. Since you are getting a Houser Stem, I would get the A-Arms to go with it. It looks better if you have the same Brand of Chassis Parts. My Brother just got his Laeger Anti-Vibe Stem and Tag T-2 Bars. Very Nice. Your Swingarm should be Fine.

I want to see Pictures when it`s all Done.

mrusk
03-27-2002, 07:32 PM
I am pretty sure i am going to get the herrmann aarms. I dont mind having different products. When i get a swingarm i am proably going to get a walsh.

As soon as i start putting it together i will get pics up.

matt

Dave400ex
03-28-2002, 04:30 PM
You should be Happy with the Herrmann A-Arms. Mity Mo has some and likes them a lot. Just about any A-Arms are going to be Good. I guess some Guys don`t care what Brand of Parts they Run. That`s Cool.

Your 250r is going to be Sweet.

mrusk
03-28-2002, 05:39 PM
WM- I am not really concenered about having all the same brand parts. Anyway in 2 years i am going to buy a whole new frame and everything else.

I am deffintly gettin the herrmanns. I think my dad ordered them today, i will know when he gets home. I really think these aarms look sweet.

matt

Dave400ex
03-28-2002, 06:27 PM
Well if you are going to Buy a New Complete Rolling Chassis Setup in a few Years then I wouldn`t worry about the same Brand of Parts either. What are you going to do, a Complete Walsh Setup? That would be Sweet.

They look really Strong. Let us know how they Work.

mrusk
03-28-2002, 06:51 PM
I dunno if i will do a full walsh. I think a arens with walsh componets will good. I mean i dont think the different between the 2 in handling can justify the cost difference.

The setup i have now i figure i will run all this year and all next. Then if it is affordable i will part out all the parts i dont need: aarms,shock, swingarm, stock frame, etc. That will cut the cost down alot.

matt

Dave400ex
03-28-2002, 08:10 PM
Well if you are going to Save a Bunch of Money, I would just go ahead and do the Complete Walsh. You would have the Best of everything Made. The Price would be a little Crazy though.

Yeah the Setup you are Doing now should Last a Few Years. When you want to Build a New Quad, all of the Old Parts can be Sold and that would Save you a lot of Money. It`s going to be Sweet.