PDA

View Full Version : New Elkas

redrunner
06-22-2004, 06:04 PM
Well just trying out the fit. This is what 9+ inches of front wheel travel looks like on a 300! The relocator is a 4" rise. Eric at Elka was really cool on helping with the build, we did many measurments to double check geometry. Still need a little clean up and trim on the relocator before powder. http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v295/RazorSU/sideelka.jpg

redrunner
06-22-2004, 06:05 PM
side pic

Rip_Tear
06-22-2004, 06:23 PM
looks interesting, hope so how does it ride now?

roostin_dale
06-22-2004, 07:08 PM
nice! how does it fit up with the fenders on? they dont hit eachother?

JDiablo
06-22-2004, 08:17 PM
that looks pretty good....i bet that thing is going to be smooth riding...hey wat kinda stabalizer is that?

bradley300
06-22-2004, 08:36 PM
glad to see everything coming together;)

redrunner
06-22-2004, 08:45 PM
OK, I thought this out pretty well. It is basically a copy of Dave McCarrol's and TQS. The relocator is not as stylish but is gusseted on both sides.
Yup fenders clear perfect and I was going to fit up a 250R hood but it looked pretty mickeymouse for a fit so I am going woth some trailtech lighting. I am fabbing up some support brackets for the fenders along with some adjustable rubber snubbers like on a car hood for the under the fenders.
It is a Denton from C&D, I modded it a little to fit the frame better.

As far as the ride, well i blew out my knee a few weeks ago and waiting on surgery so I am looking for volunteers to ride it!:eek2:
Although don't tell the Doc i am gonna sneek out to our little hidden track when it dries out this weekend and at least try it. I got some Tag 5x red anodized bars to install for looks, then some black and red powermadd handgaurds are to come. 3/4" extenstion on the swinger later too. I am going to see how it works with the rappy spring then. Trying to tweak it to about 9 1/2 to 10" ride height. I guess I am just pumped to get some stuff done even though all plans for the EX H/M ride are shot to crap, I was so looking forward to meeting everyone there!
:(

bradley300
06-22-2004, 09:06 PM
bring it to the wisp, i'll test it out for ya in the sport class:devil:

XANDADA
06-23-2004, 07:12 AM
sweet! I'll take her for a spin Glen:devil:

redrunner
07-06-2004, 09:53 AM
Well despite my use of common sense I went ahead and wrapped up the knee and went out for a test ride with these babies on. A small 10ft table top was cleared and landed easily, several times. it was like landing on a pillow. The small set of whoops very smooth but the most dramatic thing was the handling in and out of the turns. you could dive right in and track the rear right through or kick it and powerslide right on around, very nice indeed. This of course was not a full test but darn good results. These Elkas are top notch fit and finish.;)

rollie
07-06-2004, 10:04 AM
they look awsome.....

your quads gonna look sick when its done!:blah: :)