PDA

View Full Version : WTF is up with our national anthem?

slosh13
06-22-2004, 04:53 PM
Well this all started while I had been attending the High Point GNC MX national. As always its custom to sing or to play the national anthem before the races start. The anouncer kindly said,"Now would everyone please stand as we play our national anthem." To my surprise they played a rendition of the anthem by Christina Aguilera. Needless to say the song began to play and as it further played, I was utterly and totally disgusted by it. She totally abused the way the song should be sang and I was ashamed to be listening to such crap. In my opinion, I feel that people should sing the national anthem the traditional way instead of trying to spice it up by adding flashy remakes of it and turning the song into a disgrace to our country. Does anyone else agree with me?:rolleyes:

06-22-2004, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by slosh13
Well this all started while I had been attending the High Point GNC MX national. As always its custom to sing or to play the national anthem before the races start. The anouncer kindly said,"Now would everyone please stand as we play our national anthem." To my surprise they played a rendition of the anthem by Christina Aguilera. Needless to say the song began to play and as it further played, I was utterly and totally disgusted by it. She totally abused the way the song should be sang and I was ashamed to be listening to such crap. In my opinion, I feel that people should sing the national anthem the traditional way instead of trying to spice it up by adding flashy remakes of it and turning the song into a disgrace to our country. Does anyone else agree with me?:rolleyes: i saw 3 things

Christina Aguilera+national anthem=disgrace to our country

06-22-2004, 05:30 PM
You should here Lean Rimes blastin at 130 DB over a crackling speaker at a GNCC race...http://ricoracing.netfirms.com/Smilies/wow3.gif

bama400ex
06-22-2004, 05:38 PM
yea they always get idiots to sing it for some reason.

PHAT400
06-22-2004, 05:44 PM
OK, let's look at this topic! Our national anthem:
1) I see visions of our military kicking *** all over the world when we need to.
2)We are "FREE" to do and say as we wish.
3) While I do not listen to Cristina, I do feel she has a beutiful voice and if allowed should be able to sing our National Anthem any way she see's fit provided the word's and meaning do not differ from the original score.

I've been to many different motorsport's event's and have listened tolocal american idol wannabe's who could'nt carry a tune in a bucket sing our Anthem and it still bring's tears to my eye's. Does it really matter if little miss cristina changes octive's 8-10 time's during her rendition? No! Be proud to be an american where we All have the freedom to do as we wish. So speak your mind brother... I am..

The only rendition that bothered me was Rosanne's... Holy crap, what a debocle.... It still brought a tear to my eye.
I think partially from the pain of hearing her try to sing....

Anyway, unless someone purposely butchers the lyrics i would'nt worry about it.

Peace

:macho

06-22-2004, 05:46 PM
if any1 here watched the last game of the nba finals they had aretha cfranklin singing it and she was 10 sec behind the words lipsinging so they quickly cut away band it sounded like crap

PHAT400
06-22-2004, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by bama400ex
yea they always get idiots to sing it for some reason.

That is true.... Blame it on the prodution co that put's the event together.....

:o

derekhonda
06-22-2004, 05:54 PM
3 years ago, at the indianapolis 500, i forget who sang, but it ended

"...and the home...of the...INDIANAPOLIS 500!!!"

I felt changing the words away from "home of the brave" was very tacky.

250xridamatt
06-22-2004, 06:48 PM
^^^^^^ I was just gonna type that. I was there too. I think it was the guy from aerosmith, im and idiot and can't remeber his name right now.

redroost85
06-22-2004, 06:57 PM
I am for the traditional way of singing the anthem. This ain't dam tryouts for American frickin Idol, or some chit!:mad:

Sing it right or get the eff out! This is about America, not about who is singing the song....which is what all the people that butcher the song apparently forget.

I say, screw up the song?...then we deport your ***...simple as that!:devil:

Fuchs105
06-22-2004, 07:21 PM
hey whats up john, your right about the traditional way of singing it. and to the other guy, the person from aerosmith is steven tyler. later

Berry
06-22-2004, 08:55 PM
dude i totally agree, i wish they would just sing it normal...

SRH
06-22-2004, 09:17 PM
why dont they just not sing it at all that way no one can complain its being sung wrong

Max400
06-22-2004, 09:33 PM
why dont they just not sing it at all that way no one can complain its being sung wrong

You are an Ignorant fool! you have stated your opinions on here before and I think that your views are down right UN-AMERICAN!!
I bet your parents are real proud of you:mad:

Yes the National Anthem should be sung traditionally:D

USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA

LOVE IT OR GET THE HELL OUT!!!!!

SRH
06-22-2004, 09:36 PM
its a godamn song and you guys keep complaining about how its sung, i dont even think its a good song, i dont liek that kinda music, i just dont understand the big deal, i mean i heard some girl sing it at the track, it sounded like a cat got run over by a truck, stomped on its head and dragged its claws against the chalk board, everyone was laughing no one cared, no one started screaming send him to a different country, i think some of u should get off the net, your always oh so cranky all the time

SRH
06-22-2004, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by PHAT400
OK, let's look at this topic! Our national anthem:
1) I see visions of our military kicking *** all over the world when we need to.
2)We are "FREE" to do and say as we wish.
3) While I do not listen to Cristina, I do feel she has a beutiful voice and if allowed should be able to sing our National Anthem any way she see's fit provided the word's and meaning do not differ from the original score.

I've been to many different motorsport's event's and have listened tolocal american idol wannabe's who could'nt carry a tune in a bucket sing our Anthem and it still bring's tears to my eye's. Does it really matter if little miss cristina changes octive's 8-10 time's during her rendition? No! Be proud to be an american where we All have the freedom to do as we wish. So speak your mind brother... I am..

The only rendition that bothered me was Rosanne's... Holy crap, what a debocle.... It still brought a tear to my eye.
I think partially from the pain of hearing her try to sing....

Anyway, unless someone purposely butchers the lyrics i would'nt worry about it.

Peace

:macho

yeah i agree with you

Atreyu
06-22-2004, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by Jumbo747
i saw 3 things

Christina Aguilera+national anthem=disgrace to our country

Holy chit, he can read. :eek2:

Max400
06-22-2004, 09:55 PM
it's not about the music! it was not wrote to be listen to in your car or at the beach with bumping bass!!! It is the anthem of our country!! I'll bet you believe it's ok to burn the flag. I would love to see you go to a US Marine base and tell them that you don't like the National Anthem and see what a man you are!! You would be cry'n for your mommy................you have no respect for the flag or your country, many a good man gave their lives to give you the freedoms that you take for granted.

your an ungrateful punk!!

SRH
06-22-2004, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by Max400
it's not about the music! it was not wrote to be listen to in your car or at the beach with bumping bass!!! It is the anthem of our country!! I'll bet you believe it's ok to burn the flag. I would love to see you go to a US Marine base and tell them that you don't like the National Anthem and see what a man you are!! You would be cry'n for your mommy................you have no respect for the flag or your country, many a good man gave their lives to give you the freedoms that you take for granted.

sigh...

Martin Blair
06-22-2004, 10:01 PM
I agree it should be sang normal, have any of you heard the QT comercial about it, It was funny, but i cant stand at games when profesional singers do it, its so bs they should just have militray do the cerimony the right way.

JOEX
06-22-2004, 10:11 PM
The National Anthem is a very difficult song to sing. There has been talk of replacing it with another song, America The Beautiful I belive.

There are so many flash in the pan wannabe superstars out there nowadays that who ever is the hot singer of the moment gets a shot at the song during a national event. Very few can accomplish a variation of the song with success.

The only one that comes to mind right now is Whitney Houston many years ago, I think it was the World Series or the Super Bowl. She did an awesome version of that was talked about for some time and I belive released as a recording.

Gatorman199
06-22-2004, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by Max400

I agree very much... my uncle lost his life in the Iraq war. I wish u woulda told him you didnt like the national anthem...then he woulda stomped ur *** into the ground. Then picked u back up and stuck his boot so far up ur *** you would be ****tin outta ur mouth. So you completely are against all of the soldiers that have DIED defending out country so u can parade ur *** around on ur quad. Wow is all i can say man...wow!

06-22-2004, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by Atreyu
Holy chit, he can read. :eek2: and add

Max400
06-22-2004, 11:49 PM
I agree very much... my uncle lost his life in the Iraq war. I wish u woulda told him you didnt like the national anthem...then he woulda stomped ur *** into the ground. Then picked u back up and stuck his boot so far up ur *** you would be ****tin outta ur mouth. So you completely are against all of the soldiers that have DIED defending out country so u can parade ur *** around on ur quad. Wow is all i can say man...wow!

Well said:D

When Punks like SRH open their mouths and say the stupid $HIT like what he says, they may as well spit in the face oh every man the lived and died for this country....It is just down right RUDE.