PDA

View Full Version : More jetting ?'s

SnowFlake
06-22-2004, 02:18 PM
Sorry for another jetting question but here it goes. I had an aluminum airbox and my main jet was a 175 very high. Now i have a stock airbox lid on and a twin air with and outer wear and i put in a 150 main jet. Idk if its a little on the rich side, so tell me your input.

zephead400ex
06-22-2004, 03:33 PM
If the only mod you have is a twin air filter, 150 mj should be fine but it is all in how it runs. Does it backfire on decel? If so, you are lean. What does the plug look like? A large amount of carbon build up means it is probably rich, a white color is lean. How does it feel when you ride?

Jetting is something that you just have to mess with.

What is your pilot?

cals400ex
06-22-2004, 04:52 PM
if your bike is all stock but the filter and the outerwear over the filter, i would put in the stock 148 mainjet. that twin air with an outerwear probably won't flow any better than stock, maybe worse. however, the temperature and altitude you ride at matter too.

SnowFlake
06-22-2004, 05:42 PM
I just wanted ask this question before the bike is together just to see what your opinion is. I will see how it runs by the weekend cuase im waiting on a gasket. and i have no clue what my pilot size is. so thanks for the help.