PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin Fond Du Lac fdlmx track

Knips178
06-22-2004, 01:01 PM
Anyone been to the fond du lac mx park yet? I can't wait for it to open up, if it ever dries out! But, i can't find any pics of the track so i'm wondering if anyone has any they could email me or post here. knips178@hotmail.com

YLW400
06-22-2004, 01:12 PM
My brother owns a trucking company in Fond Du Lac. Just figured I'd throw that out there..lol

Knips178
06-22-2004, 01:20 PM
NO WAY! He owns a trucking company in the same city as the track i'm talking about? That's crazy!! I feel like i'm there at the track now!

Alright, i'm just busting your balls. But i'm still interested in any info anyone has on the track.

YLW400
06-22-2004, 01:25 PM
you have always been a smart ***, haven't you? Did you get beat up alot in school, or do you now?:p

Knips178
06-22-2004, 01:32 PM
Alright, you got me. I'm the biggest puss on this site and got beat up everyday at school by big bad asses like yourself.

Anyway, has anyone been to this place or not? I heard two years ago it got shutdown for a year because a kid on a bike collided with a quad and died. But what I was told was that it was re-opened and made alot nicer and bigger.

Toadz400
06-27-2004, 03:49 PM
I tried doing a search on Google, but didn't come up with much. Here's something that came up, no pics though, don't even know if it's the same place...it says it's a park for quads and bikes.

http://www.motocrosstracks.net/mxt/modules.php?name=TrackDatabase&file=view&ID=598

Haha...I clicked on the "Click for Map*" and the * at the bottom of the page says "Map may not show actual location." When the map opened up, it shows it inside of a lake...that'd be a fun ride:huh .

*EDIT* They have a website, says they should be opening June 26 and 27!!

http://www.fdlmx.com/pages/1/index.htm

Like how I actually answered your question Knips?:D

Knips178
06-28-2004, 08:02 AM
Yeah, I called and talked to a lady that's partly running the place and she said the guy who took all the pictures walked every 10ft and stopped to take a photo so there were to many pictures to post, but they're working on getting some new pics for the web page of every jump and whoops section on the track as well as some distant shots. I didn't make it up this last weekend, so I'll try to make it up in two weeks when they're open again. I guess their schedule is basically every other weekend through the summer.

xsr_racing28c
06-28-2004, 02:43 PM
knips,, just wondering where you are from , cuz i live about 10 miles from fondy and was thinking of going up there to ride. if you could throw me a pm, and let me know where your from, maybe we could get a group together and go up and ride there. also let me know what the addmission is and if you need a membership.. maybe throw me the # to the place too. thanks alot, ~jason

Knips178
06-28-2004, 02:58 PM
Yeah, I live in columbus, which is about 40min southwest of fond du lac on 151. It would be a lot quicker drive if there wasn't construction on 151 all the time. Anyway, I want to get up there this coming weekend, maybe saturday. According to their web page (www.fdlmx.com) it will be open the 3,4 and 5th with some sort of celebration going on the 2nd. there number is 920-269-4253

I can't wait to start riding at an organized track and not some sort of back yard makeshift dust fest. Oh, by the way there is no membership, it just costs $10 for all day. they are open saturdays 9am-6pm and sunday 10am-6pm

bikes are welcome, but cost $15 to get in. Something about their registration doesn't help pay for quad parks or something and so they have to pay $5 more.

xsr_racing28c
06-29-2004, 06:52 PM
hey i am gonna go up to black river falls this weekend so i ain't gonna be around to ride up there, but you should throw me a pm, and let me know what you think of the track ,and maybe next weekend, we can meet up and i will bring a couple guys with me to ride... thanks man, jason

Knips178
06-30-2004, 08:32 AM
this is kinda stupid, we keep posting the same thing in two different threads. anyway, the 2nd is not a riding date but monday the 5th is open, and that's when i'm going. Hopefully, i'll see some of you up there. I'll be on a red 250r with fox stickers and a big LRD pipe.

anyone else going?

Knips178
07-06-2004, 08:47 AM
Well, I went Monday and man there were alot of bikes there. I went in the afternoon around 3pm and there were like 6 quads and 15 bikes.

First impressions of the track; Great practice track, sucks for racing friends. It's too skinny for racing with your buddies because the only places you can pass are in the corners. The straightaways and jumps are probably two quads wide, but you couldn't ride side by side off them. Sweet elevation changes, which I don't have in the backyard track. It cool to do doubles down a hill! Very friendly riders and workers who won't hesitate to help you or just jabber for a while. In the end, the second I left I wish I hadn't!

Note, Don't wear yourself out in the first 45minutes like I did and sit for the next 30mins messaging your forearms from arm pump. Today, my arms still ache from pushing to hard yesterday. I need to work my hands and forearms out more so I can ride harder longer.

hope to see some of you out there next time.

xsr_racing28c
07-06-2004, 11:55 AM
ahh i wish i woulda went up there yestereday, but i had to work on the quads that my family smashed up lol.... you should let me know when you wanna go up there again.. cuz i will be up there in a second.... i am thinkin of going up this saturday so you should let me know if you are going up there... let me know.....jason

Knips178
07-06-2004, 12:40 PM
yeah, I need some down time to get my arms back working right. I'm not sure when I'll get up there next, hopefully Saturday or sunday afternoon. I saw a guy on a 450r flying around the track while I was pitted off to the side watching. One of his riding buddies pulled up to me and we started talking about his crf450 quad and then I asked if the guy on the 450r was Jason. He said no the guys name was Bob and him, bob and another guy on a yfz450 were all racing nationals. That made sense since all three of them were clearing all the table tops and down hill doubles.

It was alot of fun and I'm trying to get more of my friends to go up with me real soon. I was going to take video of the track, but didn't have anyone there with me to ride double and hold the camera. Maybe this weekend i'll get it.

xsr_racing28c
07-06-2004, 08:02 PM
yea i hope to make it up there for sure this weekend, but if Valley mx track is open just south of the Fondy track i think i might go there, cuz i plan to try quad racing up there, 2 fridays from now..... see i race snowcross , so this whole quad thing is new for me and hard to get used to...i have been riding them since i was 6 but am just starting to really get into it.. Knips you should really let me know if you got time this weekend, cuz either we can go to the fondy mx track or i can give you directions to the Valley, which is a bigger track..... also the Valley has quad and motocross races on friday night if you would be interested.. they are actually pretty fun to watch with a wide variety of machines out there...... just let me know kid.....~jason

Knips178
07-07-2004, 07:49 AM
I didn't know there was another track in the area. Where is that?

xsr_racing28c
07-07-2004, 10:12 PM
aight. the track is on the east side of hwy 41 going north towards fond du lac, and all you do is get off on the hwy 49 exit, and go west... once you get up to the first stops sign( hwy 175 you take a right and go north.... take that about 1.5 miles and take a right on the first main road on the right, which goes over hwy 41 ( can't think of the road) but it's like hwy f or sumthing.... so you go rght on that road and once you get over the bridge over the highway, look for the first road on the left which is a frontage road going north... take a left on that road and take it all the way up till there is a driveway into a gravel pit... while yur driving down this frontage road, look to yur right and you will be able to see all the race trailers back in the pit, next to the track, and lead yurself to the track from there... you will go into a driveway type thing and some older ladies will come out to greet you and you have to sign an insurance waiver and pay $6 to see the race... then just drive in and park and walk to the far northeast corner of the pit where the races are held..... if you wanna come they are every other friday, and start at 6:30 pm... and it just so happens that the rotation is this friday, so i will be up there watchin..... well hope this helps, let me know if you plan on going, cuz i will be up there...... if you go i will pm u with my cell and we could meet up and talk quads..... talk to you later~jason

Knips178
07-08-2004, 08:58 AM
do they have a web page or a phone number? I wanna see when they're open for practice and get other info.

CrasherX
07-08-2004, 01:29 PM
I have only seen tha parking lot area of the track, whats the track layout like? Is it mostly jumps, or is there some trailriding / enduro stuff out there also? What have you heard about Valley? do they have open riding days or is it strictly race day only stuff?

As for the web site, its www.fdlmx.com

and the web site has about 4 pictures on it...

98 CR250
84 CR250

Knips178
07-08-2004, 02:22 PM
I don't know about valley, but the FDLMX track is a ton of fun. There were alot of bikes there when I went. The track has no enduro or trail riding, it's only mx. It does however have a great layout for motocross. My only wish list would be for them to make it wider for racing side by side. You can pass in a few places, but usually you would run single file. There are several long floating table tops and and three down hill jumps that are a blast. A steep uphill run then a U turn and back down the hill into a small table top then a long one, then a medium double.

A word of recommendation, when you first go there ride around the track on the outside of the jumps so you can see how it's layed out. This way you can see what the jumps do on the otherside without taking the leap of faith. There were a few i wish i had looked at harder before jumping.;)

All in all, it's a good thing it isn't open everyday of the week or I would be fired from all the sick days!;)

xsr_racing28c
07-08-2004, 08:08 PM
haha..... ok guys , i do not have a phone number or website for Valley yet, but i am working on it for sure....but i do know that the track is open for practice every weds and some saturdays, permiting the weather is good, but you never know, cuz up here the weather never goes how you want it to. anyways, the track is pretty wide spred and fast meaning that you can get a pretty good rate of speed entering jumps and going around corners , but yet it can be technical at times.... i will say that there are some pretty large jumps , but they are mostly flowing, so there is little worry for caseing, or bottoming out.... now they just re-did the woops, so i hear that they are pretty crazy ( as in big) for a quad, but for practice if you don't wanna tear up your machine you are allowed to bypass them.... also the track is full of awesome elevation changes and will be sure to be excite any skilled rider...hope this info helps anyone out!!! ~jason

2001-400ex'er
07-08-2004, 09:27 PM
I think it is awesome now that they finally opened the track again, i went there like 3 years ago and it wasnt that good. I live in Mayville ( only like 30 minutes away) and i am so glad that the track is open and so close. I will hopefully be there on Sat. the 10 or on Sun. and ill be there on a Yellow 400ex so if ya see me there give me a hollar.

Knips178
07-09-2004, 07:51 AM
If I get a chance I'll be there tonight to check out the race, but not race in it. I may have the little one with me so I can't gear up and leave her. You said it is open for practice wed and saturdays, but from when to when? 10-6 or something? That track is a little closer than fdlmx to me so i'll definatelly check it out asap.

xsr_racing28c
07-10-2004, 10:30 AM
hey i went to valley last night to watch the race, but i have some bad news... i guess they havn't been making enough money to keep the track going so they are going to shut it down...last night was the last race, but they will continue to finish out the practices for the remainder of the season... this really sucks but i guess **** happens right..... i will try and get a list together of all the practice dates and time, and keep you all posted on the situation... but i hope to maybe get out to the fondy mx park tommorow , but let me know when it first opens up so i can get out there and ride all day..... thanks , jason

xsr_racing28c
07-11-2004, 05:10 PM
just got back from fondy mx track and it was awesome.... knips you were right that thing is really nice.... let me know when yur gonna be up there again and we will get together...~JASON

Knips178
07-12-2004, 08:01 AM
I was there yesterday (Sunday) afternoon between 3:30-5pm. I met some guys running a stock yfz, raptor, 2 z400s and one guy video taping. We were all shooting the sh#$ and having fun, but I think the guy was video taping me more than his friends cause I was clearing some of the table tops and his friends were new to the track.

Usually, I like riding with my friends, but everyone's so nice up there that I have no problem going up by myself and just ripping around and talking to people on the fly. I think they're open this saturday and then the following weekend. I should get up there this sat. to practice for the races in portage on the 21st, but don't know if i can.

Anyone that wants to there is a race in Portage wed. 21st (next week) at the portage fairgrounds. signup is at 4pm and practice starts at 5pm. It's an mx race and to be honest it's a skinny track but alot of fun for a local race. let me know if you want to go, i'll be there.

Sucks about that track. I still really want to get up there for a practice day. Hopefully a Wed. when i can take off work and play all day. Let me know what their upcoming schedule looks like.

HiZ
07-12-2004, 02:52 PM
All these people in the Wisconsin area

Check out the Wisconsin Quad series!

10 events to go yet. tons of fun www.wisconsinquadracing.com check it out.

Valley usually has races on Fri nights, Ok track, kind of dangerous though.

Check out the quad series as well as the D16 races

xsr_racing28c
07-12-2004, 04:53 PM
knips, i must have just missed you cuz i left at 3 pm... yea i was chattin and ridin with the guys with the camera too, for a while, but they were not going all out at all, just basically ridin around... i tryed to play around with the guy on the KFX 400, but he had nothin and i ended up passing him and almost landin on him while doin it.... i can say that i ain't crazy enough to clear all the tabletops yet, but i came damn close for my fist time on the track... i don't think i will be able to get up there this next sat, cuz i am planning to go up to Gravity for the Nationals, but if there open sunday i may be up there for a bit... let me know what times they are open if you can...thanks, jason

Knips178
07-13-2004, 08:52 AM
yeah, right now i'm getting a stroker kit installed on my 250r so I won't be able to make it up there this saturday. But I would really like to know if Valley is open next Wed. the 21st and what hours. you have a number or any inforamtion on that?

I would like to break in my new motor setup and get ready for the Portage race wed. night by practicing out at valley if possible.

yeah, I talked to those guys to and they were riding wheelies back and forth taping each other. And one of them said someone was out there before I got there that had a 450r. The guy tried to clear the big table top after the steep up and down hill where everyone sits and watches. And the guy nose dived into the landing and flipped his quad about three times in the air before it landed almost on top of him. Where you there for that? I guess the guy had bloody elbows and knees but otherwise was ok.

xN8x
07-13-2004, 08:28 PM
I was there for the first time on Sun. from about 12:30 - 3:00. I took my 300ex over and it handled the track nicely. It was a lot of fun and worth the 10 bucks. Who cares if my a-arms started to squeek again? ;) The jumps all have a really good angles and landings and the way the track is layed out is better than any other one I've ridden on. You can get a lot of air and still land cleanly and safely. Deffinitely going back!

xsr_racing28c
07-14-2004, 08:24 PM
knips, dude the guy who flipped was a buddy of mine and he went over 4 times end over end... it was crazy, but he came out fine... i talked to him today and he was still sore but nothing major was injured.... me and another guy i know had 450 r's out there... well i dont know if valley will be having practices , but i am still workin on getting the number!! ~jason

Knips178
07-15-2004, 07:48 AM
hope your friend didn't mess his quad up to bad.
yeah, if you can get a number that would be great. Next, wednesday i really would like to get out there for a practice day if they're open.

2001-400ex'er
07-15-2004, 07:11 PM
hey i saw both of u guys out there last sunday, i was on a yellow 400ex (stock for the most part) and i am goin again this sunday so hopefully ill c ya again

Knips178
07-19-2004, 08:26 AM
I think they were just open saturday 18th, but this coming weekend they're open both days. This wed. i'm going to go over to valley for practice and see if they're open. If they are i'll get a phone number. That night i have a race, so i'll probably just break in my new stroker setup and leave.

I also just found out that wed. night at the race they have a freestyle comp. So i may have to give it a whirl. Even though i have never done half the tricks i'll have to do to win. So there should be some pretty fantastic crashes involved. :)
Don't worry, i'll video tape the whole thing and post it.

Flip_SideEX
07-19-2004, 11:27 AM
nothing pretaining to post but replying from greece here. im a fellow wisconsinite.

Toadz400
07-19-2004, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Flip_SideEX
nothing pretaining to post but replying from greece here. im a fellow wisconsinite.

Woa Danny, I saw this in my User CP and I was like, whaat is Danny back early or something??

Send me an e-mail or something about how it's going in Greece. You're going to be back next Tuesday right? It's so damn boring here..Charlie never wants to go riding because it's "too" hot and Kromrey got a 450R!! Got to ride it around his "track", it's worse than Mike's:rolleyes: .

Knips178
07-20-2004, 10:11 AM
Hey, a nice reunion!:D

xN8x
07-20-2004, 01:31 PM
I was just up there Sun. the 18th. Went the Sun. before that too. The place is always full of great machines. The jumps are great too. The track is built so that even a little 300ex can keep up with the big boys, for the most part. I saw a couple of the people from here there too. If you ever see me there, stop me and say hi, I'm pretty much the only one there with a 300ex and if you aren't sure if it's me or not, listen to the exhaust, you'll know....

Knips178
07-20-2004, 01:35 PM
and if we see you, what should we call you xN8x?

xN8x
07-20-2004, 01:37 PM
Nate

2001-400ex'er
07-20-2004, 01:39 PM
haha and what do we call you, Knips?

Knips178
07-20-2004, 01:39 PM
ah, ok. I'm Joe and i ride a red 250r with red and white Thor gear on. Jason is another guy that is there all the time on his 450r too.

xN8x
07-20-2004, 01:40 PM
If you see me, I'm most likely with a Yellow 400 ex and that would be 2001-400ex'er

xsr_racing28c
07-24-2004, 08:59 AM
hey i think that we should all set up a date and time where we can all meet up at fondy, and mess around a little bit... maybe have some kinda " exriders.com" cookout and then go riding... i think that it would be cool for us all to meet and hang out, and check out everyones quads in person, and not have to chat online about stuff... just a thought, but i think that we can all make it work and it would prolly be a good time.... let me know who is interested, thanks, jason

Knips178
07-26-2004, 07:59 AM
yeah, that's cool. Of course that's easier said than done. Gonna have to look at their schedule and figure a date out.

2001-400ex'er
07-27-2004, 09:53 PM
How about we all just kinda ride around together ( if i can keepup ) and maybe we can talk a little in that little triangle thing by the tabletops, how does august 7 or 8th sound, one of the last days so ill be sure to go...

Knips178
07-28-2004, 07:51 AM
I can probably go on the 8th during the afternoon.

2001-400ex'er
07-28-2004, 09:28 PM
anyone else?

xsr_racing28c
07-29-2004, 08:01 AM
yea the 8th sounds good, what time did you guys wanna meet up?

Knips178
07-29-2004, 08:04 AM
I don't want to dictate how this going to go, because i'm not 100% sure I will be there. But, Most likely i'll be there from 2-5pm

Knips178
01-06-2005, 08:56 AM
Hey, if any of you guys are still on here and listening, has anyone found out if valley mx is going to be open 2005? and i just saw that fdlmx.com is down??? is it still there?

2001-400ex'er
01-07-2005, 04:05 PM
Wow this is an old thread. I dont think Valley is going to be open next year but I'm not 100%. I still love FDL MX and hopefully ill be getting a Predator so I dont have to beat on the 400 just to keep up.