PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in the Dallas area?

ogryan400ex
03-26-2002, 01:03 PM
Is there anyone in or near the Dallas area that ever go to Rocky Ridge, Marshall Creek, Shady Grove, Muenster, or Mossier Valley. If so we need to get together and ride sometime. I live in the Dallas area (bedford) and was looking for some peeps to ride with. Most of my freinds stopped riding and im getting lonley out there all alone.:D

Razorback
03-27-2002, 08:48 AM
Hey there. There's not a lot of Dallas area riders here on exriders, but there are a few. I live in Flower Mound and luckily live in a neighborhood with bunches of riders. Mostly dirt bikes, but since I've been around with my 400ex, three new quads have been bought by the dirt bike riders, and I expect more to come. We ride mostly at Rocky Ridge and Muenster (my favorite), but some of the kids got tickets for riding on the road at Marshall Creek, so they aren't going back, though I still like to go there for days when I don't have the time to be gone all day.

I've been really wanting to go to Mosier Valley. I'd like to race sometime, but I want to ride the track first. I just want to do it for fun, I only care about being safe, and not winning (at least right now :)

I doubt I get to ride this weekend, being Easter, but after that we should hook up. Send me a private message sometime. Later.

ogryan400ex
03-27-2002, 12:55 PM
i have never been up to muenster but i have always wanted to go. My mom is thinking of getting a house in flower mound, that would be kool. Yea they got practices at 5 at mossier valley on wed. and they race on sat. You need to go sometime we usually got like 20-30 quads on practice night and we run 15 min motos. 5 motos most of the time. its a really nice track. But anyways a couple of us guys are goin up to marshall creek on sunday if you want to meet us their. how old are you? Im 18.

K&N filter and jet kit, 18-11x8 turfs, AC Nerfs, Yoshi pipe. Soon to come: 416 kit, xr400 Cam, axis Shocks 2+ axle 2+ a-arms, AC Bumper and some kind of graphic kit.:D

03-30-2002, 04:10 PM
rocky ridge is my fav. We were there a few weeks ago climbing that big yellow hill. I'd like to meet yall down there on the drag strip

Razorback
04-22-2002, 02:18 PM
ogryan400ex - i've been traveling with work for several weeks now and haven't had a chance to check exriders.com, so sorry for the delayed reply. did your mom get a house in flower mound? i actually live in f.m. myself. i'm 30, so several years older than you, but i'm really into quad riding. we'll definitely have to hook up. i think i'm going to go to the practice at m.v. this week if i can remember. do you have to have a tether kill switch to ride in the practice?

DOD Racing - i respect you for climbing that dang hill. it's not all that steep, but those steps near the top will throw you around and that "V" at the top is not wide enough (in my opinion) for quads to have much room for error. i saw my buddy roll a 250ex off that hill, so i won't even consider it. just don't want to see all that money rolling down the hill :)

ogryan400ex
04-22-2002, 06:16 PM
RazorbackEXRider-

hey, my mom gave the builders the plans on monday so it will be at the end of the summer till we move. But remember to come to m.v. on wed.i can introduce you to some of the ridding group, i cant wait because wed. before last i had to do stuff around the house and last week it was all flooded. U needed to have a see-doo to ride the track. and to answer your question about the tether cord, thats a no , only on race nights. but if you are not sure about how to get to m.v. we can meet at like wal-mart or something before hand and you can follow me. do you have aol instant messanger. my sn is ogryan400ex im me when you get this.:devil

Razorback
04-22-2002, 07:43 PM
That's good news about the tether, because I don't have one yet. I'm definitely going to try and make it Wednesday. I think I can get to the track OK, at least if the directions on their web site are good. I'll instant message you on Wednesday and we can meet up.

Do you know if they have quad races this weekend? If I understand right, they only race quads one weekend a month, but I don't know which weekend and which day. Thanks for all the info. Look forward to meeting you and the other riders.

04-22-2002, 08:50 PM
on Wed when we get done riding at mv we go to babydolls

Razorback
04-23-2002, 06:50 AM
nice :D