PDA

View Full Version : Gncc Questions!

RRider
06-22-2004, 11:31 AM
ok, I want to start racing gncc and I already know I need a ama or atva card, but do I also need a district card? I was reading the rules and I couldn't Figure it out. What cards, and ect. do I need to start racing?

06-22-2004, 11:56 AM
ATVA card, 16 years of age or older, $50 for registration and gate fee, and a quad. :cool:

No district card is required.

Admin
06-22-2004, 12:01 PM
You will need 35.00 for ATVA Card, 15.00 Entry fee at Wisp, but normally only $10.00 at other tracks. Also, you will need another $40.00 to race. These things add up to $90.00 for your first race, but the experience you will have and the great people you will meet are "Priceless."

It will be well worth it, and I look forward to seeing you real soon:D

06-22-2004, 12:02 PM
and a kill switch some times maybe?????? acorrding to how they feel!

Admin
06-22-2004, 12:11 PM
Yup, also will be required to have proper riding gear (Helmet and Boots) Also, any other safety equipment and a quiet exhaust system.

If you read all the rules and prepare you will be fine, I also recommend the purchase of a camelback to drink from while you race because it helps alot.

RRider
06-22-2004, 12:34 PM
alright cool! How do you guys train for the tracks and all and also, how big, steep are the hills at tracks like the wisp, mountaineer ect.

Admin
06-22-2004, 12:54 PM
We really don't know until we walk the course because it changes year to year, but don't worry because nothing is too extreme considering there is a first year racer class and C Classes.

Prepare for rocks at both of these events, so have a good set of skid plates for the swingarm and frame belly. Also some ITP XC 6 Ply tires would be a good choice. I will probably run the HD tires at both events.

RRider
06-22-2004, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by EXriders Admin
We really don't know until we walk the course because it changes year to year, but don't worry because nothing is too extreme considering there is a first year racer class and C Classes.

Prepare for rocks at both of these events, so have a good set of skid plates for the swingarm and frame belly. Also some ITP XC 6 Ply tires would be a good choice. I will probably run the HD tires at both events.

Are you running the ITP XC's? How are they as far as traction goes, I was either gonna go with some good holeshots or the razr 2. Are the hills hard? I have never done the gncc series before so I was wondering How long steep they are. Any other things to watch out for besides rocks?

Motoman440
06-22-2004, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by RRider
Are you running the ITP XC's? How are they as far as traction goes, I was either gonna go with some good holeshots or the razr 2. Are the hills hard? I have never done the gncc series before so I was wondering How long steep they are. Any other things to watch out for besides rocks?

If they use part of the same track at the Mountaineer as a local series did (Paul Koontz XC) then get ready for some off-camber hills in tight woods. It's a ******!!! Otherwise, kinda rocky and rooty but some nice wide open areas and the rest is old fireroads. Not bad at all once the crowd thins out but that first lap is murder!!! It's tons of fun though.

06-22-2004, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by RRider
Any other things to watch out for besides rocks?

Yeah watch out for those dam moving trees...... :mad:

RRider
06-22-2004, 06:09 PM
also, what tires do you recomend. I think for the first year I am going to race my blaster in the sport class. What mods do you think I will need on the blasty to even be competitive? Tires, motor, skids, ect. Thanks!

bs784
06-22-2004, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by EXriders Admin

Are you saying that they make the tracks easy because Us "C" riders suck?

brian-250
06-22-2004, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by bs784
Are you saying that they make the tracks easy because Us "C" riders suck?

if hes not, i am.:devil:

RRider
06-22-2004, 08:14 PM
so the C riders run a different track then the A classes and pros? What?

47501exracer
06-22-2004, 08:29 PM
Usually you will run the same track as the pros. You probably need some handguards also for roost and tree limbs. bring 2 sets of goggles and gloves if you have pit help. and yes definately get a hydro pack with water or gatoraide. I use a 50/50 mix. most of the xc riders use razr 2 tires. just try to get 6 ply rears. blasters are pretty nimble in the woods especially WHEN you get stuck. just keep up the gas on the hills. make sure you have good brakes. DP I think has the best for XC.

Good luck!!!!

bradley300
06-22-2004, 08:47 PM
actually, its 39 for your atva membership and as far as mods to make you competitve- look at joseph M.'s finishes in the sport class, he's riding an 03 blaster w/ tires, handgaurds and a pipe, and ha manages some impressive finishes

cliq20
06-22-2004, 09:37 PM
try to get as much seat time as you can, eat right, and drink plenty of water at least the week before a race. these races take MUCH endurance. you will be worn out...

RRider
06-22-2004, 09:43 PM
ok, so what mods do you think I would need on the blaster to even keep up. As far as motor work and all that . Also are any blaster riders running the maier one piece race front?

bradley300
06-22-2004, 09:51 PM
like i said, joseph M just got 2nd place at the Patriot gncc, his only mods are a pipe, tires and handgaurds. he also got 3rd in sparta. so you need less than you think

bradley300
06-22-2004, 09:52 PM
david price has the maier race hood, i dont think anyone has the hole race front peice, ive sen tem ho and they look nice

RRider
06-23-2004, 07:38 AM
does anyone know how many cc's extra a .030 piston would give, or any other size piston? I saw a chart somewhere a while back but I cant seem to find it, also what engine mods do you think would be helpful to wake the blaster up a little.

47501exracer
06-23-2004, 09:04 PM
If you are going to race the blaster for awhile, then you might consider putting a 240 big bore kit in. Vito's specializes in them and I would call them for tips.

How old are you?

If you are getting close to 15 or so then I would invest in like a 400EX because you can get one for 2-3 grand that's only a couple years old.

It just depends on what class you want to run.

Don't put a racing fender on. They will not keep the mud and water off you like a stock one.

And as for a pipe, I think FMF makes a Gnarly series that is for bottom end power. That's what you'll need. Don't get a hi end rev pipe for XC.

bradley300
06-24-2004, 08:04 AM
LRD has the best pipe out for a blaster. besides that, get a good set of reeds and a good air filter. keep the motor stock until youve run out of over bores, then go for a 240, cause realy you dont need it. if you really want the xtra power, send the head and cyl. to gthunder for a little port work and maybe some head shaving

bradley300
06-24-2004, 08:06 AM
oh yeah, an .80 over piston is a 212 cc blaster, so .30 over isnt much.

and invest money in the suspension first, the blaster suspension will hold you back long b4 the motor does, ive got a burgaurd plus 2 swingarm w/ honda style bearing carrier on the way w/ an elka shock. should be a sweet set up

RRider
06-24-2004, 08:26 AM
so, bradley are you still running the stock pipe, and stock oil injection? Also, about the suspension would works be fine or would i need something better. Any other good parts or info would also be helpful. Thanks

bradley300
06-24-2004, 09:05 PM
yes, i have the stock pipe and will keep it and buy a pipe, reeds and air filter all at once. w/ just a pipe and silencer, the stock pipe has the best mid range according to the dyno's ive seen. and yes, you will need better suspension and i HIGHLY recomend it b4 you worry about any motor mods