PDA

View Full Version : Nos?

JBOMBR
06-22-2004, 10:19 AM
I AM LOOKIN FOR INFO ON A NOS SYSTEM.
IM RUNNIN 1/2 MILE DIRT TRACK THIS SEASON ON MY EX
I WANT TO BUILD A RIGGED UP NOS SYSTEM FOR THIS THING
ANY IDEAS? IM RUNNIN 12:1 416 W/ SPARKS REV BOX AND FULL SPARKS EXHAUST AND A STAGE 2 HOT CAM NEED MOOOORE
POW'R I JUST NEED A SINGLE SHOT FOR THE STRAIGHT.
LET ME KNOW

JDiablo
06-22-2004, 10:46 AM
next time do a search....but i think www.boondockers.com has NOS for quads,but you better have all the goodies in your motor otherwise that NOS will destroy it,im talking about better crank,titanium valves,all of that stuff....basically if you want NOS you motor cannot be stock

wilkin250r
06-22-2004, 10:55 AM
Your motor can be stock, especially for the boondockers system.

http://www.holley.com/HiOctn/ProdLine/Products/NOS/NOSPS/ATVFog.html

http://www.boondockers.com

http://www.nitrousexpress.com/Pages/JetSki.htm

NOS and Nitrous Express are pretty much the same type of system and installation, Boondockers is a little different. Let me know if you want more details.

JDiablo
06-22-2004, 11:01 AM
idk about that though,i always thought it was bad to run it on a stock engine:confused: i just think it would hurt the internals of it,o well i guess not:huh

wilkin250r
06-22-2004, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by 300exrida
idk about that though,i always thought it was bad to run it on a stock engine:confused: i just think it would hurt the internals of it,o well i guess not:huh

It will cause extra stress, that's for sure. You certainly don't want to run it on a tired, worn-out engine. You want a good, strong connecting rod, an aftermarket rod is probably a good idea, but the stock Honda rod is pretty strong already, so that's not a big worry.

The main thing is your rings and headgasket need to be in good shape, but for those things, aftermarket really isn't any better or stronger than stock, as long as the stock ones aren't old or worn-out.

As for the piston, forged aluminum is a little better than the stock cast aluminum, but they are also usually higher compression. You are much safer running the stock low-compression piston than a stronger aftermarket high-compression piston. The high-compression dramatically increases the risk.

JBOMBR
06-22-2004, 11:39 AM
I HAVE CHECKED OUT THOSE GUYS FOR THE NOS BUT THAT IS MORE THAN WHAT I NEED FOR NOW I'M JUST PLAYIN FOR NOW TO JUSTIFY THE COST IVE PUT NOS ON A HEMI WITH A 4lb BOTTLE AND A 1/2" BALL VALVE WENT LIKE CRAZY FOR A FEW MINUTES UNTIL THE PLASTIC INTAKE MANIFOLD GERNADED

IM TRYIN SOMTHIN LIKE THAT JUST MORE REFINED UNLESS YOU GUYS HAVE ANOTHER WAY TO MAKE MORE POWER THAN THE TYPICAL HI-COMP/CAM/BIG BORE/CDI/SLIP-ON YADA YADA.:huh

wilkin250r
06-22-2004, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by JBOMBR
IVE PUT NOS ON A HEMI WITH A 4lb BOTTLE AND A 1/2" BALL VALVE WENT LIKE CRAZY FOR A FEW MINUTES UNTIL THE PLASTIC INTAKE MANIFOLD GERNADED

IM TRYIN SOMTHIN LIKE THAT JUST MORE REFINED

:eek2:

I'm always willing to help, but if you're looking for a $20 nitrous setup, you're on your own. ;)

UglyMotha™
06-22-2004, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by 300exrida

if done correctly and used accordingly to the motor your running on rather than over doing it, nitrous will cause very little to no harm on a stock motor, but if you abuse the system than yes it will hurt the interanals

400exstud
06-23-2004, 02:08 PM
My dad's friend used to run drags on a snowmobile. He would use the nos for the complete 1/4 mile. After every 5 drags he would have to replace the pistons because the system burned to hot. I don't know if that is the case for four wheelers though.

400ex28
06-23-2004, 04:02 PM
:rolleyes:

nakomis0
06-23-2004, 05:24 PM
I have a NOS system for sale $350 comes with everything, including 5lbs bottle and a 20lbs bottle for refills.

What Wilkins said was all correct specially the part about not running the high compression piston. We ran a stock z400 with a higher compression piston and blew it up in less than 2 months. But we did get a little carried away and started puting 30-40 hp shots to it when in hindsight we should of just stuck with 15 hp shots it might of lasted a year that way maybe.