PDA

View Full Version : BAMA ride spots

06-22-2004, 08:04 AM
A buddy of mine went to sayre (outside of jasper right) last week and said they rode it in an hr. We've been wanting to go there but didnt want to waste a aday of riding if it was lame. Have you ever been to the Bowl in helena (talk about some hillclimbs)?

250R
06-22-2004, 08:34 AM
Sayre is a lilltle bigger than that.... They probably did not know what all was there, was it there first time? There are enough hillclimbs there to kep you busy for half a day and a pipeline also, although I have not ridden it in a few years. I have been to the bowl a nnumber of times, there is only one hill there that would qualify as good as far as I know and we have ridden all over that place. Also, I do not think Sayre is too close to Jasper, we get there by taking the Warrior exit off I-59 (or I-65----I get them confused) and it is out in the middle of nowhere, used to strip mine there.

06-23-2004, 08:20 AM
Yes, it was their first time out there. I'm going to brookwood on sat and maybe Sayre on sun to check it out. Have you ridden the halfpipe at the bowl? I think the hill your talking about is the one with the burned out cars at the bottom, we call that one the widow maker. You in Atlanta or do you live in bham?

06-23-2004, 08:23 AM
jake1.jpg