PDA

View Full Version : info on TC racing exhaust?

okquadfreestyle
06-22-2004, 02:29 AM
a yes i was wantin to know if anyone had some pics of a TC racing exhuast full system on a 400ex? it would be helpfull because i want to see what they look like on one! Are they a loud pipe, louder then a LRD or Curtis sparks pipe? DO they help with HP and torque better then LRD or CS? I wanted to know because i cant decide what pipe to get for my 400ex!!! please be helpfull and give me any information on this TC pipe and if you could tell me which one is probally a better performer, and which one is probally lounder? Please help me and send some pics of this TC full exhuast race system on a 400ex!!! THanks!!!

TC426EX
06-22-2004, 04:58 AM
The TC is louder than the sparks and LRD by quite a bit. It is the loudest pipe on the market. It is a shorty silencer and to run it you need to saw like 5" off of your stock headpipe to use it. It works phenomenally on the 400ex, and has a huge midrange hit and carries into the high rev range but it also has alot of bottom end snap too since it uses the stock diameter headpipe. I dont have a pic right now but I know alot of people have them....

okquadfreestyle
06-22-2004, 10:52 PM
You do have to use the stock headpipe for the TC exhuast? Well if you could anyone please post a pic so i can see what it looks like on a 400ex!!! thanks

Chanman420q
06-22-2004, 11:00 PM
i was going to get one, but there rediculously loud and id piss people off within 5 miles radius of me.

Dave400ex
06-23-2004, 11:51 AM
Here you go, I love my pipe, but it's way to loud...

okquadfreestyle
06-23-2004, 10:49 PM
a yes dave400ex thats pretty sweet!!! thanks for postin a pic!!! do you have a pic from father away i could see like with the full pic of the 400ex, like from the side? i would like to see it further away? is this pipe louder then like LRD or curtis by alot or just a little? YOu do have to use the stock header, tc doenst make one fore it? well thanks and reply back and please send me some more pics!!! thanks

okquadfreestyle
06-23-2004, 10:57 PM
How much does a TC racing pipe cost? any body know?
Chanman420q have you herad one before? is that true that people could hear it from a 5 mile radius or u just jokin? JW

Chanman420q
06-23-2004, 10:59 PM
i was just playing with the 5 mile radius but there damn loud. if u ride in an area where there would be a lot of people, DONT get this exhaust, but if sound isnt a problem at all, id say go for it. but this exhaust is extremely loud.

RIDER11X
06-23-2004, 11:34 PM
They do come with a disk set up too, if you wish to lower your noise level at the expencew of a little top end power.......Sounds good that way too.:cool:

TC426EX
06-24-2004, 04:54 AM
The TC uses the stock header chopped off because through their testing they found that it retains alot of the torque the motor has while increasing power accross the powerband. That pipe has an especially hard midrange hit that carries into the upper RPM's that is why so many racers use it, for that midrange wallop!! I have a friend with that pipe, and race against countless others with them, and they all are happy with it. Great pipe that pulls hard from bottom to top. As people have said, that pipe is LOUD as hell!!! That shorty silencer will damn near bust your ears out!! At the track, you can hear someone loud and clear on the other side! I love those pipes because to me loud, powerful pipes are better... I dont agree with the stupid dirtwheels pipe shootouts where they take points off of loud pipes. I understand why they do it, so most people who rec ride dont create controversies and lose the riding spots, but for people like me who ride mainly track and MX, I want my **** to be LOUD!!! The sparks pipe I have is loud, but nothing compared to that TC man....

redroost85
06-24-2004, 08:09 AM
I'll just back up what all these guys said. I would call the TC exhaust a 'competition use' only exhaust. It is way too dam loud to be trail riding and putzing around the fields!:eek2:

Great pipe, but lots of bark.;)

A friend of mine just got a 450r and put the TC on his ride.....holy chit but that hurt my ears it was so loud!:eek:

Dave400ex
06-24-2004, 09:31 AM
Actually I don't have anymore pictures right now, and I'm in the process of putting my 400 back together so I can't take any at the moment. There's no doubt the pipe is loud though. I actually put the discs with closed end cap on to see if it helped, sounded the same to me.

s-10s_rule
06-24-2004, 10:15 PM
Who wants to sell their TC Racing pipe? I just need the silencer....

Ryan300exRider
06-25-2004, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by s-10s_rule
Who wants to sell their TC Racing pipe? I just need the silencer....

Im selling one 160 shipped.....

ZSK
06-25-2004, 06:57 PM
Just wondering but that pipe pictured is a Supertrapp. Are they the same pipe?

brif
06-25-2004, 09:02 PM
Yes they are cleanshav.., I had one on my 400ex several years ago. I agree it made alot of power but, as others have mentioned it's very loud. When I put on the spark-arrestor it seemed to be about just as loud.
If you are to buy this pipe be honest with yourself about your needs and wants. To me it seemed alittle expensive for what you get. I wanted to get a quieter pipe when I had mine but, couldn't get anyone to give me a nickel for it. Now everyone wants one.