PDA

View Full Version : chain rubs skid plate

luvshowtrucks
06-21-2004, 07:56 PM
After I tightened my chain today the chain and brake rotor rubbed the skid plate. There is also a mark on the rear houseing that lined up with the mark on the chain tensioner. what is this mark for?? as you can tell I am new to this, thanks for any help

Quad Dude
06-21-2004, 08:16 PM
well to make the skid plat not hit the chain and rotor just stomp on it till it doesnt on bend it. and about the houseing make sure those rubber seals are still there.

jjthekj
06-22-2004, 03:40 AM
If it looks like the carrier is holding the axle at it's lowest point, (say, 6 o'clock) rotate the carrier 180 degrees and the carrier should be at it's highest point (12 o'clock) hopfully providing you with your clearance, while remaining the same distance from your countershaft sprocket. If it's not at it's lowest point, (say, 7 o'clock) rotate it accordingly, (11 o'clock). (4 o'clock = 2 o'clock) . Hope that helps,good luck.:p

hondarider2006
06-22-2004, 05:10 AM
If the carrier is lined up with the mark on the swingarm, than its maxed out, and its tightend as tight as it will get. As far as it goes with it rubbing on the skid, hit it with a BFH and bend it down so it doesn't rub anymore;)

Dupontster
06-22-2004, 06:40 AM
Put a few washers on the 2 bolts that hold the skid plate on the 2 that are closest to the carrier. It worked for me.

UglyMotha™
06-22-2004, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by jjthekj
If it looks like the carrier is holding the axle at it's lowest point, (say, 6 o'clock) rotate the carrier 180 degrees and the carrier should be at it's highest point (12 o'clock) hopfully providing you with your clearance, while remaining the same distance from your countershaft sprocket. If it's not at it's lowest point, (say, 7 o'clock) rotate it accordingly, (11 o'clock). (4 o'clock = 2 o'clock) . Hope that helps,good luck.:p

so what time is it again :confused:

jjthekj
06-23-2004, 01:30 AM
Is it bad when you get me laughing at myself?