PDA

View Full Version : How much slime in stock tires?

Jessy
03-26-2002, 08:07 AM
Hi all
I just bought my 400ex Friday and already caught a thorn in my front tire. The hole is too small to plug so I was going to slime the tires. How much slime per tire should I use?
Thanks

03-26-2002, 11:05 AM
Buy a tire plug kit and make the plug fit with the extra tool that comes with it...if you do use slime your supposed to use the entire 16oz bottle,,and it could cause your tire to become unbalanced and wobble at high speeds,,plug it.

Pepto_Bismol
03-26-2002, 03:15 PM
See you butt-nugget!:devil I told you people would suggest actually patching it. I know as soon as you get your cable hooked up you'll be getting online to read this, so I just thought I'd give you MY 2 cents...again! hehe. See you tomarrow....:blah

Pepto:cool:

Striker49
03-26-2002, 09:28 PM
I had slime in my stock rear a while back when it had a little hole in it. Didnt off set the tire any b/c its spread evenly throughout the tire after a day or two. I would suggest buyin a 4 ply tire at least whenever you end up buyin some.
My right rear is off balance fairly bad at top of 4th and 5th goin down the road. Any idea why? Just made that way or what? I dont ride the road hardly any, just to get to my ridin areas. :cool:

big-guy
03-27-2002, 06:50 PM
the guy changing tires later will appreciate it if you don't use slime. I've heard of people using evaporated milk for the same thing, but you can imagine how much fun that would be to work on months, or years later... eeeeewwwwwww