PDA

View Full Version : trading scenes....gone to the darkside

300EXrider02
06-21-2004, 02:22 PM
Sorry to say, everyone needs a change....I think I saw the light, and for more of a challenge I am switching to bikes.

For me, dirt bikes are more of a rush for me, I have ridden some pretty beast quads from hopped up 400exs, and banshees to the z and raptors...have not had a chance to ride the new honda or yamaha except for a test ride, and even though impressive, just nothing like the power and speed from a bike.....
but I have been around quads for TOO long, and the switch is needed...besides, I ride downhill mountain bikes, and love the sport...why not own a dirtbike

my good friend has the crf250r, I ride and race on his track, I am always left in the dust, not just with the 300, but with his ktm125 too.

I went to the dealer earlier, and as soon as my pos honda is sold, I can say hello to a new cr250...still honda, still the best, but 2 wheels instead of four

ktMan
06-21-2004, 03:15 PM
ya dirt bikes are cool i just dont feel safe on them, post some pics of it when you get it, any mods in mind?

FTR250Rnif
06-21-2004, 06:27 PM
Hey man I hear ya! only i want to go from bikes to quads
-any chance you want a Yz125?:blah:

the-ex-files
06-21-2004, 06:55 PM
At least you still Ride Red! CR250R's are insanely fast. Great choice, good luck!;)

rollie
06-21-2004, 07:28 PM
yeah bikes are fun but i like quads better IMO but good luck with it man!!!!!:)

400exrules
06-21-2004, 08:10 PM
yah idk why i dont want to get a bike but somethin about quads just keeps me stuck to them :D

redroost85
06-22-2004, 08:37 AM
Well, at least it's a Honda. Bikes to me lost their appeal when I was in junior high....then I learned about the blessed fo wheelas...I ain't never going back!:devil:

Anymore, I don't feel too safe on dirtbikes...I don't have that touch I guess. Well, to each his own, so party on man with your new bike!:D

Mxjunkie
06-22-2004, 08:44 AM
i switched to bikes awhile ago, i like it but i miss riding quads :(

300EXrider02
06-22-2004, 09:12 AM
yes I still love quads, and I garantee I will miss riding them...I will also miss riding people around on the back, especially the girlfriend....which usually led to other good times

but as for mods, besides some new bars and graphic kit, its going to stay stock for a while, until I really get to know the bike, then some performance upgrades can be arranged to be put on:D

Bretmd94
06-22-2004, 01:28 PM
i went throught that stage, i got a kx125 to play with. Its okay, I get the urge often to go riding on a dirt bike and not a quad.

I dont think i could ride at the track with a dirt bike though. I have ridden with thumb throttle for too long. I can jsut see myself casing, or over shooting a jump and jsut looseing control completely because i will probably accidently just gas it.

sparky450AR
06-22-2004, 01:34 PM
Im looking into bikes. And i will probably get one sometime, but ill never get rid of my R. If i got a bike it would be the crf250. That thing is badass. Id like to have a bike and a quad on the trailor, to mess around with both. Since ive already mastered quads:devil: , it would be nice to start over on something new. LOL

hond_rider52
06-22-2004, 01:37 PM
ya bikes are preaty cool. im actualy considering getting a crf250 instead of a 450r or a 400ex. if i had the money id diffintly have a tricked out quad and bike but i dont and im soon goin have to make the descinsion to stick with quads or get a bike

06-22-2004, 03:07 PM
good choice with the 250 friend has 1 thats piped bars and suspension that thing rips but the good thing wit bikes u wont really have to mod it to race it

sparky450AR
06-22-2004, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by 250ex3
good choice with the 250 friend has 1 thats piped bars and suspension that thing rips but the good thing wit bikes u wont really have to mod it to race it

also a lot less parts....a lot less maintenance!

PHAT400
06-22-2004, 04:59 PM
:huh WHEW... I thought you were goin G**.... Not that there's anything wrong with that.. Glad to hear your still riding..

:devil:

300EXrider02
06-22-2004, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by 250ex3

I 2nd that!!

:p thats a very good plus for bikes, I found with quads, its a lot of money spent to make them better/race ready...

however putting parts on and seeing the difference was really what made it worth it

and dont worry I am still straight as an arrow...i think:eek:

:D

jjgixxer
06-22-2004, 08:40 PM
i just went this route i still have a built raptor that i ride at night but i just bought a cr 250 and love it riders soo much better more fun too ride

2001400ex
06-22-2004, 09:35 PM
Dirtbikes aren't the dark-side man. You ride, you ride. Leave it at that...only difference is two wheels...have fun with it...:devil:

300EXrider02
06-22-2004, 10:21 PM
sorry I have been hanging around the dirtbike crew for too long and too them, quads are the darkside...basically everyone who is a hardcore dirt biker hates quads pretty simple....

from my buddies around my local track and riding areas, to my local dirt shop....from the dirt bike forums I visit to the DirtRider and DirtBike magazines I read...

not all dirtbikers are like this but majority are, so a little rubbed off on me, I forgot the people who ride quads respect anyone who rides in general, 2 wheels, 3 wheels or 4

good to see this attitude, and I know no matter what I ride, I will never flame anyone for what they ride

2001400ex
06-22-2004, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by 300EXrider02
sorry I have been hanging around the dirtbike crew for too long and too them, quads are the darkside...basically everyone who is a hardcore dirt biker hates quads pretty simple....

from my buddies around my local track and riding areas, to my local dirt shop....from the dirt bike forums I visit to the DirtRider and DirtBike magazines I read...

not all dirtbikers are like this but majority are, so a little rubbed off on me, I forgot the people who ride quads respect anyone who rides in general, 2 wheels, 3 wheels or 4

good to see this attitude, and I know no matter what I ride, I will never flame anyone for what they ride

I know this exists...it's preety sad we're all fighting eachother instead of tree hugging hippies...:o

My opinion is if you ride, you ride. Whether it be a street bike engine in a LT500, or an old beat up 50...to three wheelers. I wish more people had the attitudes we had...

RoadkillerRyan
06-22-2004, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by 2001400ex
I know this exists...it's preety sad we're all fighting eachother instead of tree hugging hippies...:o

My opinion is if you ride, you ride. Whether it be a street bike engine in a LT500, or an old beat up 50...to three wheelers. I wish more people had the attitudes we had...
Amen man

06-23-2004, 06:46 AM

i ride/race with 2 hardcore dirtbikers a 250f and a suzuki 80 all tricked and they sumtimes bring 5 more people alll trick bikes and his dad has a 450f we always get the sterotype of bein the boozers and bringing beer out with us and that we dont care abput any1 else well they all found out my friends arent dirtbags like that but man it sucks bein behind them its good competiton thoe to race wit dirtbikes im prolly gonna be ridin wit a trick cr250 today i will get pics and put them in the freestyle section

Kennethyfz450
06-23-2004, 07:52 AM
I lost my touch big time on dirtbikes.
i got on both of my friends crf250 and the yamaha 250 when i still had my 400ex and man let me tell you that was a power rush.
i loved it in the field.. I told nathen to let me ride it in the woods and i will climb a few hills.. he said ok (it was like brand new 1 day old..) i had that front wheel everywhere i could not hold in when the ground had sticks and other junk in the way. so i slowed down and tried to work my way back up from where i was and still couldnt do it... i took it up one of my dirtbike hills that i had long ago and i sacrificed my body so i wouldnt hurt his dirtbike.. i lost control and laid it on me and didnt let it touch the ground... after that i just ride it in the fields.. and at the dirtplace that has a few small hills that you could hit with a honda 90!!

i was wanting a bike bad till i had that experience.. i hate not being able to master anything so i may have to go buy a yz or cr 125 and learn on it you can get those pretty cheap around here 1000-1500

DangerousDean
06-23-2004, 11:57 AM
Dirt bikes are fun and all, when ever my cuzin comes up he brings his bike and leave it here for a few weeks and i ride it, theyre are much funner to jump, and feel more like my mountain bike. but i it jsut isnt as practical for here. I would love to own both a mx bike and my quad.
But thats just too many toys to have(sled, 2 mtn bikes, 2quads, and a mxbike?)

Also, what kind of dh bike do you ride?

Chanman420q
06-23-2004, 08:29 PM
i have 2 experiences with dirt bikes that kind of spoiled it for me, one my friend had an old 1980s RM125 and the throttle liked to stick in the powerband, needless to say, i crashed pretty bad on it once. and i rode a YZ450F... way to much power for 1 wheel. i give credit to the guys who can ride those thumpers

Mr.Offroad
06-23-2004, 08:52 PM
Ain't it funny how that works? Just don't forget your roots, and get like them. I rode bike all my younger days, and absolutely loved them. And that was all twin-shockers back then! I blew both knees out on dirt bikes, and had to quit riding. Then, in '83, a friend of mine introduced me to Honda 3-wheelers, and the fact you didn't put your feet on anything but the pegs, and I was riding again! The rest is history. but I still ride street bike, just to keep the whole balance thang in practice!:p Ride On!