PDA

View Full Version : Clutches

daddio
06-21-2004, 12:24 PM
anybody used barnett clutches in their yfz?

EvilJester400EX
06-21-2004, 09:03 PM
I wouldn't mess with Barnett clutches. I'd go OEM or Sparks 8-Plate, just my personal opinion.

daddio
06-22-2004, 06:14 AM
Originally posted by EvilJester400EX
I wouldn't mess with Barnett clutches. I'd go OEM or Sparks 8-Plate, just my personal opinion.
why not? I have used barnett clutches in all my other bike motors for years, and I am very pleased with their performance.
I keep hearing about how "bad" barnett is, but nobody will give me specifics other than "I wouldn't use them".
the only clutches that have blown up on me are stock yamaha ones. 2 in a banshee and 1 in a blaster.

EvilJester400EX
06-22-2004, 01:43 PM
My friend had one in his YFZ and it blew up, another friend had one in a blaster, that one blew up, one in a 400.... I've just never seen one that lasted, that's just my view though.

daddio
06-22-2004, 01:59 PM
thanks. that's the kind of specifics I was looking for. what other kind of damage did the blown clutches do? were any other parts bad also? how modified were the motors? what kind of riding/racing were they doing? what kind of oil do they use? how long did their "new" clutches last? and what kind did they use?
thank you in advance for any imput.:D :D :D

29FTEX
06-22-2004, 03:14 PM
I have never ran Barnett clutches, but have been told that they wear out faster than stock. Also, when they wear, the kevlar material gets mixed in with the oil, and was told that wasn't good.
Just things I've been told, no opinions otherwise.