PDA

View Full Version : Floppy Meier Rear Fender

Chefbigdaddy
06-21-2004, 11:20 AM
Does anyone have any tips for keeping the Meier rear fenders flapping like a pissed off bird. I have some ideas but was wondering if you boys had some as well. Thanks!

TC426EX
06-21-2004, 01:33 PM
Hmmm, I have full blue Maier plastic and it only flaps a little on one side because my subframe is bent. The way you are talkin I figured you had a Z400 or something, (which have the WORST rear fender design EVER....). I dont know, maybe fab up a brace to extend out past the stock one that goes accross the bottom of the seat?? Check your subframe too, they bend real easy, especially on the battery side...

Chefbigdaddy
06-21-2004, 01:41 PM
my fenders didn't have the notch for the brace, are they supposed to be there?

muff
06-21-2004, 01:42 PM
i had a flat plate welded to the end of the stock bracket and is now bolted to it. theres enough strength to hold it down durin ride but the bracket isnt to long so when you roll the quad the bracket really cant bend much

TC426EX
06-21-2004, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Chefbigdaddy
my fenders didn't have the notch for the brace, are they supposed to be there?

You mean to say that you dont have the thin metal rod that is bolted to the front part of the seat by those 2 little gold fasteners? It has like a U on each end and there are 2 other pieces that you have to drill holes for on the maiers so you can mount them like stock. The maiers dont come pre drilled, so did you remember to drill out the fenders and line up those mounts?? If you dont have that on, and all that is holding your seat on is the rear latch assembly and gas tank grommet then they WILL flap all around. Im not sure how you set them up so reply and let me know if you did that step...

Chefbigdaddy
06-22-2004, 01:31 AM
I have the rod and what not, but I did not drill/cut any holes for it. That semed to obvious to be thr right way!!? So, just line up the bracket ends and drill through the fender to mount them?
Thanks for your help.

Jeff

TC426EX
06-22-2004, 05:02 AM
Yeah, just line up where the L-brackets should be mounted to be tight and drill the fenders out. It should end up being on the inner part of the fender assembly by the seat and not out on the actual fender part....

Chefbigdaddy
06-22-2004, 07:57 AM
Thanks again for the info. By the way, does the TC rev box work well? I've heard that they're better than White Bros, Big Gun etc. Is your bike hard to start? I'm looking into getting a new rev box and was curious if it was worth the money.

yags_varriale
06-27-2004, 01:25 AM
I bought some Standard Maier rear plastic not too long ago. I drilled the holes and mounted it like the directions suggested. However, they still move a lot.

I also have two horns mounted to the bottom of each of my fenders which doesn't help. However, I made some re-inforcements, that mounted to my grab bar then to my fenders, however the steel snapped:eek2: . I'm trying to find a new idea, or stronger fix.:macho:

See beow:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid118/p5190e3101d306ce336ef87cde099cedc/f882e6ad.jpg