PDA

View Full Version : dumb question but..

quadingdude23
06-20-2004, 09:45 PM
i am lokking to get a ruce rocket but i am not very good a twist trotle. is it possible to convert it to thumb trottle? cuz i know u can change a quad to twist so can u change a rice rocket?

44oEX
06-20-2004, 10:31 PM
you probably can but I don't know if there are any kits but you could make something work.

But the best thing to do would be start slow and get use to the twist.

hondarider2006
06-21-2004, 02:56 AM
Originally posted by 44oEX
best thing to do would be start slow and get use to the twist.

Thats what I had to do. Over x-mas break I rode a Banshee with a twist. First couple of days were WILD!! After that I started to get used to it, and before I knew it, I was doing just fine. Ride it a lot, you will get used to it:cool:

300exPat
06-21-2004, 08:05 AM
this may sound dumber, whats a rice rocket?

Spikers400
06-21-2004, 08:48 AM
A superbike Right?

dariusld
06-21-2004, 09:32 AM
I thought a rice rocket was a japanese au tomobile with all the go fast parts and stickers. And a "crotch rocket" was a japanese race bike.

wilkin250r
06-21-2004, 09:45 AM
You should keep the twist throttle on the bike, for safety reasons.

Now, I'm not a big "preacher" and I'm not going to give you a lecture on the "dangers of motorcycles". But I will tell you that they are fast, and they take getting use to.

The twist throttle will keep you timid. It feels strange, and thus it feels a little scary. That is a good thing. By being scared, you'll take it easy at first and take the time to learn about your bike. If you are comfortable on the bike right away, you may be tempted to ride it beyond your ability. It is the very thing that makes ATVs more dangerous than motorcycles. An ATV feels more secure, safer, so people ride beyond their ability.

Keep the twist throttle on. It will force you to learn about your bike before you really open her up.