PDA

View Full Version : First mod? And what should I know?

DuffManIllusion
03-25-2002, 09:28 PM
Ok, I still don't have any ride yet. But maybe in a few weeks I'll scrape together enough to buy my '01 Blaster, new.

So what first? Exhaust? Tires? Skids?
Just wondering what I should mod first, and if anybody has any recommendations. Also, if by adding aftermarket parts if there is any thing I should know or be aware of?

LOL, I'm just hoping that my dad doesn't buy that 220 Bayou instead of the Blaster... But, he had good experiences on his old Honda '78 (I think) Street and Trail, so we'll talk....

Thanks all!

Nausty
03-25-2002, 09:38 PM
Well if you can get a differant set of tires right when you leave the shop. I don't know if you have a choice or not to have them as a extra like when you build your own quad at yamahausa.com but the stock tires on a blaster are the WORST after that get a pipe. The reason the stock rear tires on the blaster are so bad is because they are shaped like a bubble and they don't wanna slide they just wanna roll. Hope ya' get the blaster;)

MadcapEX
03-26-2002, 04:44 AM
W

MadcapEX
03-26-2002, 04:49 AM
What is the deal with yamaha and the crappy tires they put on their quads? My buddy bought a new warrior and the thing was undriveable in the trails,acted like the rear shock was gone.Now I know they have sorry suspension but this thing was funny to watch as it bounced side to side and up & down. I talked him into buyin some holeshots and problem solved. Still dont handle worth crap compared to the ex but at least he can somewhat keep up.:rolleyes: