PDA

View Full Version : new orleans

hon400ex
06-20-2004, 06:55 PM
hey. this girl i been dating want to go to new orleans for a long weekend. I've never been and was lookin for a nice hotel and any recconmondations(sp?) that you guys might have. Also, we aer thinking bout goin in July and i was wonderin if it would be really hot and sticky at that time of year? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Andy

Giz400ex
06-20-2004, 07:02 PM
Well a Marriot is always nice and you bet your ***** its gonna be hot!!

06-20-2004, 07:02 PM
oh god its hot in July & make sure you go to a hotel in the french quarter to get the new orleans experience...u will have alotta fun

bayou boy
06-20-2004, 07:14 PM
Andy..I live about 45 min from New Orleans and hang there alot. Yes it is hot and humid. But the city never sleeps so you can venture out at night. There are lots of good hotels in the quarter and downtown area but they are also pricey and you have to pay to park in the hotel garage. Some times when we go and dont want to drive back we stay at the marriot residence inn in metairie just off of causeway. if I remember right it is like 90 a night. but it has a kitchen, living room and separate bedroom....like a lil apt. you can park in the lot outside, it is a safe area and is like 10 min from the quarter. C' mon on down enjoy the food, music and scenery and night life...try the vampire tour

Giz400ex
06-20-2004, 07:16 PM
For a Marriot, thats not a bad price!!

dpizz450
06-20-2004, 07:25 PM
idk any hotels to stay in i live about an hour to 45 mins away from the big easy haha! trust me you'll have fun! just make sure u go to bourbon street!!!!!!! you will have the time of ur life!

hon400ex
06-20-2004, 10:18 PM
thanx for the info. i will make reservations at the mariott tomorrow. what time does everyone start to party and how late are the the bars open? around here we dont go out till around 11 but the bars close at 3 and we are always ready to go somewhere else.

thanks alot for the info
andy

MichaelS693
06-20-2004, 10:45 PM
yeah be sure to go to bourbon street... BOOOBBBBSSSS!!!:D

bayou boy
06-21-2004, 06:21 PM
Some of the bars stay open 24 hrs. on the weekends. most open early. you will see people in the bars all during the day and night. though we usually dont get out till 11 ish. Bring shorts & sunscreen. take your lady to Pat O' Brien's off of bourbon on St. Peter they have a cool patio bar with a flaming fountain and a pretty cool piano bar. Order up a few Hurricanes....definite brownie points

kwatts400
06-21-2004, 08:55 PM
Brennan's for breakfast will score some brownie pionts too.