PDA

View Full Version : Finding the balls to clear large doubles

atvrulz
06-20-2004, 06:32 PM
I am not much of a big risk taker and i love quad racing. I have probably passed up taking big doubles more than i have taken them. Everytime i have said, what the hell and took them, it has always been one of the most rewarding things and a huge confidence booster and a great time. This afternoon i decided to take a 30 foot double at a neighbors track. Before doing it, i just watched people do it to watch their technique. The jump has a huge lip and is about 6 foot high. My legs were literally shaking going up to it. I cleared it easily in third gear and felt like i was in the air, in slow motion. It was such an awsome feeling after making it the first time. I continued to jump it all afternoon. So, if anyone is trying to find the balls to take huge doubles, just do it.

Syrus
06-20-2004, 06:35 PM
lol i dunno if thats the greatest advice dude, saying "just do it" and the next thing u know that guy has a broken neck... not flaming or anything just sayin that everyone knows there limits, and some ppl just dont have the skill to do somethings. You know what i mean ?

But i do know where your comin from on this one, but i wouldnt tell everyone to go clear a double, some ppl just arnt ready for it !

LTandRaptorider
06-20-2004, 06:40 PM
well, I did have balls... until rider11x spent all day breaking them at high point... :rolleyes:

but he still won't follow me over the 30-ft doubles! ;) :p

batgeek
06-20-2004, 06:54 PM
pin it and grin it :)

coming from a dirtbike background and being new to quads, i was hesitant to hit large jumps hard. one trip to Oklahoma to ride the dunes cured me of that :) learning to jump big was easy out there. sand doesn't hurt like dirt, so you can push yourself pretty good.

FTR250Rnif
06-20-2004, 07:39 PM
be baggin saggin barry
"ya gotta reach deep down in ya pants. ta find things ya didnt know ya had"
:blah:
Just get comfortable with jumping and then youll want to do bigger things

SRH
06-20-2004, 08:17 PM
thats a good size double to start out on but i wouldnt consider it huge, maybe 60-75 ft , it just takes practice ,u just gotta do it and learn from your attempts, you case it you need to go a lil faster, over jump u need to go slower etc

Out_Sider
06-20-2004, 08:50 PM
i have a problem with doubles.. i want to clear them...but when im out there..i never try and clear them..and it pisses me off :mad: but i will clear them...some day :macho

roostin_dale
06-20-2004, 08:58 PM
I always dream of racing one of the FAST national classes..like 4-stroke A or Pro-AM...so i tell myself if I ever want to get good, you gotta nut-up and hit it..works for me! Although my left knee is gunna be done for good before im 20:o lmao