PDA

View Full Version : Elka adjustment?

lilpoppy
06-19-2004, 12:13 PM
I bought a set of Elka tripple rate front shocks with no rezzies and they seem very stiff. When I hit some big jumps they don't seem to soak it up much. They almost feel like my stock shocks. I bought them used and they are valved for 175 rider and I weigh about 150. I bought them used and I have no instructions so are they adjustable at all or do I just get what I get? Does adjusting the SSD do anything to make it softer or is there some way to adjust the other springs?

muff
06-19-2004, 03:26 PM
the only adjustment you have will be the ride height adjustment. you have a couple adjustments on what you can do. send them to elka or the quadshop and have them 1. put ressies and compressoin adjustment on, or 2. get them rebuilt to your specs

are you sure the shocks were rebuilt for stock a-arms (if thats what you are running?)

lilpoppy
06-19-2004, 07:08 PM
I was told they were valved for 150 on +2 a arms. I weight 150 so they should be fairly close right? My friend has a pair of PEP and they might be valved a little too soft but they are a lot softer than myne. They honestly feel like stock shocks when I jump maybe a little better, but deffinatly not worth the money I spent on them.

muff
06-19-2004, 07:32 PM
they are definetly not setup right, with the extended a-arms there is a lot more leverage and the shock would therefore need to be stiffer. if they feel like stock shocks it is obvious that they are not setup right!

send them out and get rebuilt for you, it will be a world of difference :D