PDA

View Full Version : 04 predator or 450r

450rboy
06-19-2004, 09:41 AM
ok i am about ready to pull my hair out because i have no i dea which 4 wheeler to get 450r or the 04 predator. the 450r is 6500 and the is around 6100. but i want something different than what a lot of people got(like the yfz0). do you think the people will start buying the 450r and it will be like the yfz. like where ever you look you see a yfz. the yfz is good but i want somethin different than what every one else gots. the 04 predator has some changes to it and they all sound good.

but do you think a 04 predator could bet a 440ex. cause thats what my brother gots and i just want some else than what he gots to. but i know the 450r will beat the 440ex.

so can anyone help please give reasons why

400exrider555
06-19-2004, 09:49 AM
ONE- people are buying the 450r around here and i see them alot, and the smae with the preddy, i had one but i sold it,

TWO- the preddy is a nice bike, but it isnt all its summed up to be, i think it feels like your riding kinda high ( like a rap but not as high) but it does handle well on trails

Three- The 450r has the nice mid-feel where your seating if you will and it is really nice for almost anykind of riding,

the preddy vs a 440 will be close, i got a 416 and it was i win one he wins one, so i think it dosent really matter there

the preddy is less only because its older, yes its an 04 but its been around for a while, the 450r is new so it will cost more, and i thin all in all the 450 is a better bike, ive only ridden one once so im only goin by what i know from that but ive ridden a preddy many times before i sold it and i liked it, but not enough to keep it.

the decision is totally up to you, but i would go with the 450r

and it also matters what you will be riding, do you have a quad now? do yu have any experience, all that.

Punk'd
06-19-2004, 10:25 AM
450r boy this is really up to you go to their sites and stair at the pics, read specs for an hour or so.. Then you will have a good idea on the one you want. Do you like Hondas reliblility do you like Polaris's it all comes down to questions like this. We've seen alot of posts like this by you, but please man this is YOUR decision not mine or anyone elses.

If you want my opinion.. I say go with the 450r for many reasons and im sure alot of other people will tell you this to. If your gonna spend 6100 on a predator y not spend the extra 300 for the R.

Giz400ex
06-19-2004, 10:29 AM
I haven't been all that impressed with the 450r. The preddy I'm not fimiliar with but the YZF kicks some major *****. I'm not sure if it just came out but 2005 YZF will be available in yellow!!! Thats different?? Good luck anyways:D

400exrider555
06-19-2004, 10:40 AM
the yfz is commin out in yellow?

and Punk'd is 100% rite, its your decision not ours, were jst here to give u ideas of what we think is the best out of th two, and do what he said, go look and see waht you like more...better yet test ride, juts one ride can and will make all the difference

thursday
06-19-2004, 10:47 AM
http://www.yamaha-motor.com/products/atv/500/05_yfz450_ylw_1_3172.jpg

like the old tri-z colors

Bretmd94
06-19-2004, 10:57 AM
Go with the 450r. I race against a couple predators at the track and its not even a comparison. Dont listen to the yzf guys. Ive spanked those also at the track. Probably because they are sooo much better :rolleyes: . Yes the yfz is said to be a little better than the 450r, but they are both a few miles above the predator.

The predator isnt a bad bike, better than a raptor or something. But you will love the 450r a lot more. I wouldnt trade mine for anything. Even a yzf.

motoman00440es
06-19-2004, 11:39 AM
i would go with the 450r. i have a 440ex and i can easily beat a predator...but its up to you

H_W
06-19-2004, 12:43 PM
If I were you, I would say 450r or yfz450. I can beat predators with my 400 so a 440 will smoke it. I can't beat 450r's or yfz450's for that matter.

TC426EX
06-19-2004, 01:35 PM
This isnt even a choice here.....450R ALL THE WAY!!

Kennethyfz450
06-19-2004, 02:41 PM
I would get the pred for sure but i would try to get it a little lower cause alot of people are paying 4999.00

ive heard not seen that stock vs stock pred would eat a yfz and r i am not for sure though.. and heard it had a faster top end speed..

i would get the yfz450 or the black pred or the red pred.. the gray ones are ugly..

sportraxkid
06-19-2004, 02:54 PM
I would get the 450r, better handling,power, reliability. have you ever rode on a pred or set on one. there seat completly sucks it has a big dip it suck you in then you fill squashed.

H_W
06-19-2004, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Kennethyfz450

ive heard not seen that stock vs stock pred would eat a yfz and r i am not for sure though.. and heard it had a faster top end speed..

I have seen many yfz's and 450r's smoke stock predators, I have out run them with my 400, but it is a close race.

hond_rider52
06-19-2004, 04:02 PM
450r. nuff said

Out_Sider
06-19-2004, 04:14 PM
predator has the higher top speed..but it takes a LONG stretch to get there..so it doesn't really matter... 450r dude ;)

oldpred
06-19-2004, 05:13 PM
when i first bougth my pred there was nothing else in the market.......that was better then the pred,now that honda and yamaha,came out with there quads..........well theres just alot more to choose from..never the less my pred is an awesome quad,never had a problem, no tranny issues or anything in that matter..........and for does of you 400ex guys dont be offended by any thing i say, but theres no way an ex can beat a pred on its baddest day..........sorry

but who cares rigth, buy what you want.....all 3 quads are good quads in my book.......dune predhttp://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid121/pdff90cfc184fec4e8ff85a04649c5f3a/f84f272e.jpg

H_W
06-19-2004, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by oldpred
....and for does of you 400ex guys dont be offended by any thing i say, but theres no way an ex can beat a pred on its baddest day..........sorry

I am not offended, I know there is no way a stock 400 will beat a stock predator. But mine is not stock, and I have beaten two predators, one stock with the baffle removed and the other had a pipe on it. They were close races, but I won each time. I will admit that the predator with the pipe should have beaten me, but I don't think the guy could drag very good.

oldpred
06-19-2004, 07:37 PM
what do you have in your ex ?.......after i had my pred tuned rigth, she really woke up,from a 41 hp to a whooping 47, with the air box still on.

motoman00440es
06-19-2004, 08:02 PM
my 440 will sm9ke a pred any day...but im not offended

oldpred
06-19-2004, 11:06 PM
we can all say what ever we want rigth..............but you dont know what every body preds has to say,youll spank any pred

400exrider555
06-20-2004, 08:06 AM
dude for an nbaised answer go to a quad shop that sells both, not that these answers are biast, but yeah...just ask some other people to

H_W
06-20-2004, 08:54 AM
we can all say what ever we want rigth......

Yea, we can say whatever we want, but I am not going to come in here and lie. There is no point. I know I beat them, and the two guys I beat know it too. And I know the predator has alot of power, but it has alot of weight also. It weighs roughly 65 pounds more than a 400 ex and about 90 pounds more than a yfz or 450r. And the power to weight ratio is really important for drag racing.

........but you dont know what every body preds has to say,youll spank any pred

And motoman said his 440 would spank a pred any day.

450rboy
06-21-2004, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider555
ONE- people are buying the 450r around here and i see them alot, and the smae with the preddy, i had one but i sold it,

TWO- the preddy is a nice bike, but it isnt all its summed up to be, i think it feels like your riding kinda high ( like a rap but not as high) but it does handle well on trails

Three- The 450r has the nice mid-feel where your seating if you will and it is really nice for almost anykind of riding,

the preddy vs a 440 will be close, i got a 416 and it was i win one he wins one, so i think it dosent really matter there

the preddy is less only because its older, yes its an 04 but its been around for a while, the 450r is new so it will cost more, and i thin all in all the 450 is a better bike, ive only ridden one once so im only goin by what i know from that but ive ridden a preddy many times before i sold it and i liked it, but not enough to keep it.

the decision is totally up to you, but i would go with the 450r

and it also matters what you will be riding, do you have a quad now? do yu have any experience, all that.

ya i got a quadzilla that i love and just got about a month ago and i got a warrior that i got a couple of years ago. i am going to sell the warrior because i think there would be no use for it when i get the 450r i like the quadzilla of how fast it is and it also does good on the trails and the track. but mostly i just like to got fast with it. and the warrior well i wish i wouldn't of put the money into it i did i put a big bore kit into that thing and it runs as great as hell but it just gets so hot and i hate that and i should of got a radiator to keep it cooler but now i am selling it for a cheap price just to get rid of it fast i am selling it for 2000$ and its 1999. brand new tires with and other set of rims and tires. and the front are still good too.

450rboy
06-21-2004, 02:44 PM
when i first bougth my pred there was nothing else in the market.......that was better then the pred,now that honda and yamaha,came out with there quads..........well theres just alot more to choose from..never the less my pred is an awesome quad,never had a problem, no tranny issues or anything in that matter..........and for does of you 400ex guys dont be offended by any thing i say, but theres no way an ex can beat a pred on its baddest day..........sorry

but who cares rigth, buy what you want.....all 3 quads are good quads in my book.......dune predhttp://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid121/pdff90cfc184fec4e8ff85a04649c5f3a/f84f272e.jpg

well i surta believe you about the 400ex loosin to the pred but not all the time. if they got some kind of kit in the 400ex those preds better watch out

ZRider400
06-21-2004, 03:01 PM
go with the 450R.....i just got one, and i like it alot.

ive ridden predators, yes they are fast.... , but i still prefer the feel of the 450r.

oldpred
06-21-2004, 03:14 PM
your rigth...............if they have any kind's of mods, but with out theres no comp at all

Atreyu
06-21-2004, 03:53 PM
Which would you rather have in the sack?...

Donald Rumsfeld...
http://www.defenselink.mil/photos/Jan2002/010920-D-9880W-043.gif

Or Jenna Jameson...
http://100percentjenna.djcl.com/004.jpg

bama400ex
06-21-2004, 04:05 PM
yea we know a 440ex will smoke any predator :rolleyes: the best thing to do is ride them all if you can. what kind of riding do you plan to do? trails, play riding, or motocross? you will get people telling you that the predator is to big and heavy to jump but that is bull**** . ive jumped mine 13-14 high at a length of about 40 feet and it soaks it up pretty good for factory shocks. i know thats not the biggest air in the world, but this pig does fly. they are all fairly close. the predator is also alot cheaper though. alot of the younger crowd in here will tell you the predator is a slow pos. then some of the older guys thinks its an 89 trailboss. polaris did a great job at their first high peformance quad, and i expect they will get even better. also i wont lie, my predator is alot higher maintenace than my old 400ex was, but its also performs at a level that makes up for it. there is alot of good and bad information on the internet and sometimes its hard to tell who knows what they are talking about and whos full of ****. and to be honest you would probally be more than happy with any of the new 450s or the predator. also to the kids that like to talk drag racing bring any stock yamaha or honda 450 and we will glady line them up. the predator and the yfz will be pretty close as they are walking away from the trx450r. good luck with your choice.