PDA

View Full Version : Rider Killed at Outlaw Extreme track in Ohio

throwinitup
06-18-2004, 11:09 PM
the track is in waynesburg, ohio and its a practice-only type deal. it happend this past sunday--

i heard a kid was on a dirtbike coming down the backstretch after the big ski jump and he lost it over one of those small jump/tables....this is a fast part of the track and its fairly easy the 2nd small jump throws me weird on my 400 but ive never ridden a dirtbike on the track there... - im not too sure of any of the details - i heard his bell helmet cracked open in 3 places - died on impact

anyone else know about this incident? its a terrible thing - the tracks been open 4 years and this is the first death. Rich, the track owner, and i were talking about 3 weeks ago how they have been wanting to change that section of the track because it is not visible from where the pits are at because its not if the accident happens, its when it happens. this is really ironic, and scary too...yes its an aggressive track but its always seemed safe to me....this is a real shocker to me....

TC426EX
06-18-2004, 11:55 PM
HOLY **** man!!!! Matt, that is NUTS that that happened there. I dont believe it... Did it happen at the spot where I busted my shift shaft and bit it hard over that double??? That jump threw me a little nose high but my wreck was due to my shift shaft. It sounds like the same jump to me man. You go up that hill by the big step up and then rip that turn, hit the ski jump on the way down and nail it right into that double right?? Damn, I just got my bike back together and was gonna break it in and do some laps there sunday, do you know if they are closing it temporarily or anything?? Hopefully they wont close that track its a killer practice track and is really FAST. My condolences to the family and my heart goes out to them all rest his soul. You never want to hear about stuff like this happening, but it is a risk you take. The bigger you go the bigger the risk. Its not like theres much more he could do to protect himself since it sounds like he had all his gear on. When I dumped it on that jump (I think) my head skidded accross the ground, but I kind of know how to crash and stay low and let my arms and legs take most of the abuse. Im really sorry to hear that, let me know what's going on with all that man....

pikey21
06-19-2004, 07:35 AM
im shore some loyer will have his way and that track is gone :(

throwinitup
06-19-2004, 08:50 AM
Paul-

yeah it is nuts - the kid crashed after the second ski jump - you know how theres two - the first one being after the big table. tell me how to attach a pic and i'll show you - the track is open now as far as i know, they were only closed wed. and thurs. the track will stay open, this is all just a risk you take when riding anywhere, and people understand this. you cannot sue them anyways, they have this release form n what not...

throwinitup
06-19-2004, 08:52 AM
check the their website out

http://outlawextreme.com/