PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have pictures of the GT Thunder linkage setup?

sparky450AR
06-18-2004, 10:13 PM
Thanks!!!

kazpr
06-18-2004, 10:26 PM
Here is the 400ex one they say looks similiar.
http://www.gtthunder.com/400exRearLink.jpg
One from another site installed.
http://joe1l.yafro.com/photo/307168

sparky450AR
06-18-2004, 10:31 PM
Wow, the one for the 400 looks like it changes the shock posistion drastically. How much does LAZ charge to revavle the shock?

Thanks!

kazpr
06-18-2004, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by joe1l
Ok, everyone We all lover our 450R's, but if you have had any experience riding whoops, then you will know the 450r has a tendency to buck over the whoops. Well, i think I found a solution that does not require you to spend $1000 on a new shock and linkage (like the elka setup). I was just about to go buy the elka setup when I stumbled on some information that Lazurus Sommers for GT Thunder was working on a linkage for the 450r, that would calm the bucking, he had done it before already for the 400ex with great success. GT THUNDER 400EX REAR LINKAGE Any how I called Lazarus and placed my order. The new rear linkage ($125)would require you to have your shock revalved ($75), and new bearings for the linkage(50) or you can use your old bearings from your stock linkage. Anyhow I installed the likage and ran it Saturday for about 7 hours, and all i can say is WOW!! The linkage changes the angle the shock is on, and puts it so that shock is more straight up than on an angle, much like that of a yfz450. This alows the rear to sit an inch or so lower, and gives the rear more travel. Well I installed it this weekend, and i didn't get the chance to even adjust my ride height properly, but regardless, i have never been faster riding this thing. The rear stayed put, and was soo much nicer to ride!! The only thing is that you will have to cut your skid plate on your swing arm to make it fit, but I bought a new PRM skid plate, and it fit perfect with the addition of a tiny spacer. This is a mod that i recomend to everyone with a TRX.

sparky450AR
06-18-2004, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by kazpr
Ok, everyone We all lover our 450R's, but if you have had any experience riding whoops, then you will know the 450r has a tendency to buck over the whoops. Well, i think I found a solution that does not require you to spend $1000 on a new shock and linkage (like the elka setup). I was just about to go buy the elka setup when I stumbled on some information that Lazurus Sommers for GT Thunder was working on a linkage for the 450r, that would calm the bucking, he had done it before already for the 400ex with great success. GT THUNDER 400EX REAR LINKAGE Any how I called Lazarus and placed my order. The new rear linkage ($125)would require you to have your shock revalved ($75), and new bearings for the linkage(50) or you can use your old bearings from your stock linkage. Anyhow I installed the likage and ran it Saturday for about 7 hours, and all i can say is WOW!! The linkage changes the angle the shock is on, and puts it so that shock is more straight up than on an angle, much like that of a yfz450. This alows the rear to sit an inch or so lower, and gives the rear more travel. Well I installed it this weekend, and i didn't get the chance to even adjust my ride height properly, but regardless, i have never been faster riding this thing. The rear stayed put, and was soo much nicer to ride!! The only thing is that you will have to cut your skid plate on your swing arm to make it fit, but I bought a new PRM skid plate, and it fit perfect with the addition of a tiny spacer. This is a mod that i recomend to everyone with a TRX.

Yeah i've read that, the only reason i asked again was because someone else said the revalve job costed $200

dn1911
06-18-2004, 11:10 PM
hey sparky its 250$ and i get mine back mid next week if you want to check it out. it won't be on the bike for a while though. it is still in the garage as a 6500$ pile of parts! but when it is together i'll let you check it out.

kazpr
06-18-2004, 11:21 PM
Dn was it $250 total or just for the revalve? If total what does that include? Thanks

sparky450AR
06-18-2004, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by dn1911
hey sparky its 250$ and i get mine back mid next week if you want to check it out. it won't be on the bike for a while though. it is still in the garage as a 6500$ pile of parts! but when it is together i'll let you check it out.

Yeah we need to hook up once you get it together....i want to know what that linkage feels like! Also, was 250 the linkage, reavalve, and pivot works bearings?

see ya!

WhiteZee
06-20-2004, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by sparky450AR
Also, was 250 the linkage, reavalve, and pivot works bearings?

yes, im ordering this linkage soon also.

06-20-2004, 09:45 AM
I have a PRM swingarm skid plate. If I get this set up can I still use it?

WhiteZee
06-20-2004, 03:17 PM
i hope so, i have the prm skids also.

dn1911
06-20-2004, 08:35 PM
yea 250 for eveything. most skid plates will probally have to be spaced with something but not sure. that will be trail and error thing

shaff107
06-20-2004, 09:05 PM
I have the Elka type linkage set deal. On the PRM skid plate u have to cut the linkage box off and also have to cut a little back on the skid plate its self to allow to to drop completely

sparky450AR
06-20-2004, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by shaff107
I have the Elka type linkage set deal. On the PRM skid plate u have to cut the linkage box off and also have to cut a little back on the skid plate its self to allow to to drop completely

How do you like the elka rear end?

shaff107
06-20-2004, 09:19 PM
Yea i am starting to like it more. It bucked still after i got it on but after talkn to a few ppl i have got it worked out. Its just really weird though b/c i have the rebound all the as fast as it would go and that took care of the bucking along with a little bit of preload.
so now yes i like mine alot.

sparky450AR
06-20-2004, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by shaff107
Yea i am starting to like it more. It bucked still after i got it on but after talkn to a few ppl i have got it worked out. Its just really weird though b/c i have the rebound all the as fast as it would go and that took care of the bucking along with a little bit of preload.
so now yes i like mine alot.

I was thinking maybe this is the problem with the stock setup. People all have the rebound set hard, and it doesnt rebound in time to cushion the next bump....:confused:

dn1911
06-24-2004, 11:13 PM
just got my shock and linkage back from GTT. as soon as i get my bike back together i will let you know so you can check it out.

sparky450AR
06-25-2004, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by dn1911
just got my shock and linkage back from GTT. as soon as i get my bike back together i will let you know so you can check it out.

Sounds good man!

joe1l
06-25-2004, 10:19 AM
I have a PRM swingarm skid plate. If I get this set up can I still use it?

I use the PRM skid plate and it fit perfect, I just spaced the front two holes with 3 washers to give it a few extra mm of clearance.

WhiteZee
06-26-2004, 01:07 PM
I use the PRM skid plate and it fit perfect, I just spaced the front two holes with 3 washers to give it a few extra mm of clearance.
thanks for the info.

TRX450R2
06-26-2004, 03:17 PM
AND THEN:)

ZRider400
06-26-2004, 03:25 PM
i was set on getting the GT thunder linkage setup till i adjusted my shock some more.........works perfect now.

ProConcept
06-27-2004, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by ZRider400
i was set on getting the GT thunder linkage setup till i adjusted my shock some more.........works perfect now.

Did you set the rebound on full hard like everyone else? Im wondering if I should get the GT thunder linkage or if I just might need to adjust my preload alittle more.