PDA

View Full Version : does handle bar height affect ability for tricks?

Q. O. R.
06-18-2004, 09:16 PM
I have a basic question for anybody. Does the handlebar height affect the way tricks are thrown off a freestyle jump?
I seem to have a problem when I jump off our ramp, when I try a can can or similar trick my feet just dont seem to clear the seat . Getting hung up sucks........ I run a stock steering stem and CR high bars. Are they too low?????:confused2

Syrus
06-18-2004, 09:27 PM
Thats a really good question, id like to know that too.

RH1N08d9
06-18-2004, 09:29 PM
I'd imagine it'd help a little, but you need a shorter seat too. I don't think it'd hurt to get a little taller bar!

Q. O. R.
06-18-2004, 09:42 PM
I'm afraid to change it because I am so used to the way it feels now, that if I go with it being taller I may miss a grab or something? What is the proper ergonomics supposed to be?

SRH
06-18-2004, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Q. O. R.
I'm afraid to change it because I am so used to the way it feels now, that if I go with it being taller I may miss a grab or something? What is the proper ergonomics supposed to be?

i dunno jon is like 6 4 orsomething and uses cr high, it depends alot on your agility...i like higher bars because thats what im comfortable with

SRH
06-18-2004, 09:50 PM
forgot to mention, for thru the bar tricks it does help if you have high bend fat bars because you have less of a chance of gettigh caught on the bars etc, thats why all fmx bike guys use real high bars

ramp rida 55
06-18-2004, 10:01 PM
yea jon uses cr high with a plus 2 or 3 steering stem i think. i like taller bars it makes it esier for tricks because with low bars you are bent over

300extreme#8
06-18-2004, 10:13 PM
the height should matter too much on cans u just have to really practice and work ur way to get ur body movements perfect, there is alot to it and too much to explain so just prac till u get where u want to be

DangerousDean
06-18-2004, 11:54 PM
i have stock length stem, and renthal bars.... i dont know what bend though, i like my bars low, on my bike i like them low too
i jsut can;t stand the chopper feel unless its on a sled

Q. O. R.
06-19-2004, 07:04 PM
tHANKS, I just need to practice more I guess. I think I'll also try a set of fat bars (quad bend or something) one day.
THanks alot for the advice.

PEACE

300extreme#8
06-19-2004, 08:42 PM
hey try this,this is how i got my body to got my movements right ,with ur quad sittin still and just get a good grip with ur hands and jump and and throw urself in the air and throw ur legs over ,and just do a can can with the quad not movin.after i did that i relized what i was doin wrong and fixed it but it is totalin diff in the air than win sittin still but doin the tricks on teh ground u will learn what u need to do.i'll get pics of my freestyle soon enough i just gotta get my bike back first.the trick on the ground tricks is the hold urself up and thats the diff from bein in the air ur centered more on ground than in air and u have to adjust in the air but once u learned it all u will be able to do it in ur sleep