PDA

View Full Version : ? about hotcam stageII

outofsight
06-18-2004, 08:14 PM
Im wondering if I can run a hotcams stage 2 in my 400ex without getting a piston. I would like to get a higher compression piston but I dont have the money for it. I mostly am in the midrange and upper rpms any ways. Would it give me alot more power or just a little?

3x440ex
06-18-2004, 08:57 PM
yeah, sure why not?....go for it! I'm sure you see some nice gains up top but I would go with the stage 1 if i were you especialy if you like doing wheelies and the such.

outofsight
06-18-2004, 09:30 PM
The stage 1 has some topend gains dont it?

seven
06-18-2004, 09:33 PM
I ran a stage 2 with no motor mods and loved it. It still had huge gains over stock. I would give it a thumbs up espeacially if you plen on doing more motor mods later.

F-16Guy
06-18-2004, 10:12 PM
Why not do the cam and an XR head gasket? It's only about $12, and it will bump your compression up a little so that you'll retain some of the bottom end you might lose because of the cam's duration. I'm sure it would make a noticeable difference over stock. Replacing a head gasket is easy, and if you do the cam, it's only a few more bolts and nuts. Throw in a bigger main jet, and you're ready to rock!