PDA

View Full Version : banshee vs raptor vs 400ex

03-25-2002, 07:07 PM
I currently have a stock 2001 mojave. I am thinking about selling it and get Something with more power. I am 6'1 270 and the mojave is getting a little low on power for me. What is good as far as trail riding and gncc. I want to out run who i ride with which they are a warrior and a polaris 400 2x4. My mojave will keep up with them but they get me on the top end. I heard about a banshee overheating when ridden hard in the woods. Any comments will be helpful.

MadcapEX
03-25-2002, 07:23 PM
I ride with a 400 ex,banshee, warrior and raptor. The warrior is useless,the raptor and banshee are ok but for trails I would take the raptor out of the two. The ex is by far better for trails then any of them. My buddy and I with the ex's have to wait for the others to catch up in the tight trails.The raptor has more power but what the ex lacks in power it more than makes up for in handling.:cool:

03-25-2002, 09:10 PM
Save some money and get a Cannondale. I owned a 400EX and the Speed has better shocks, lots more power, handles as well if not better. Cheaper in the long run than a 400 with all of the mods. The ones I was thinking about doing added up to over $4,000 for motor and suspension. Cheaper to by the Speed.

My thoughts on the subject.

Smitty

Nausty
03-25-2002, 09:40 PM
yup to me if you wanna a quad that handles and is capable of making good power get a 400ex if you want a race quad from the start get a cannondale and if you want power and a fun ride get a banshee. I know I love my 400ex.

JustRace
03-25-2002, 10:18 PM
If you want a bullet proof motor go with the EX. If you want to race go with the d-dales, but no one knows how the frame is going to last about 4 years down the road. I think the frame will be fine, but you never know.

04-21-2002, 04:46 PM
Go with a Cannondale.