PDA

View Full Version : 416 v. Preditor v. rapotor

3x440ex
06-18-2004, 06:23 PM
Just for ****s and giggles which one whould win in a 300 ft drag....a well built 416, Preditor or Raptor?

outofsight
06-18-2004, 07:31 PM
I think it would who ever had lower gearing would win cause if you got the holeshot, you could hold them off for 300ft on any of them.

sparky450AR
06-18-2004, 09:34 PM
The preditor would most likely win, those rotax motors are tough.

RAPTORAZ
06-19-2004, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by sparky450AR
The preditor would most likely win, those rotax motors are tough.

Bombardier uses Rotax motors. Polaris engines are built by Fuji Heavy Industries.

If the Raptor and Predator are piped and well tuned the 416 has little chance for victory. My 416 was no match for my Raptor when it was piped and tuned only. They were pretty even until the top of second gear, then my Raptor would pull away at an alarming rate. If both are well tuned, I'd also give the win to the Raptor over the Predator.

400exrider555
06-19-2004, 10:23 AM
my 416 beats a rap tho.....and a preddy,,,,but not like...yeah...it does some times and he wins sometimes....maybe its jsut how were riding

3x440ex
06-19-2004, 10:47 AM
well the reason i asked is......I just finished building my 416 with ross 10.8 to 1, thinner base gaskits so it's really like 11.2 to 1, hot cam stage 2, FCR 39mm carb....i used to have a 440 but this thing runs like a raped ape, much faster than my 440 ever did. I have a friend with a preditor and another friend with a built raptor ( piston, cam and pipe) it runs dead even with a piped yfz450.........they both like to drag race and i know i'm gonna be challened..

H_W
06-19-2004, 12:32 PM
You should be able to beat the predator if it is stock, but the raptor has too much done to it. I can run side by side with piped raptors on my 400 and every once in a while I beat one. I have outrun a stock predator with the baffle removed, but it was a close race.

s-10s_rule
06-19-2004, 01:03 PM
I raced my buddies Predator the other weeked, it was on a blacktop road. We went from a first gear punch three times. I won every time, from the punch untill fourth gear I jumped on him big time and thats about 300ft probly, in the top of fourth and fifth it starts to catch up and is about three foot behind my rear tire then when we both hit top speed I start walking off again, its kinda weird. His was all stock at the time, now he got a Hindle pipe for it, he paid like $700 something bucks for it and it dosent even fit very well. It is also extremely loud and didn't seem to do too much, but we havent raced again yet, but now I have a Lectron on the way, so I should still beat him when I get that on.:devil:

Now for the Raptor:
I've never been beaten by a Raptor, raced the fastest one around in a not too official manner, but mines quicker, although this 'fast' Raptor has stock exhaust and it is faster than my other buddies was with a DMC full system on it, but the stocker has a bigger front sprocket, its quicker and faster anyway. Top speed my 416 is about 1/2 MPH faster, just kinda creep right past him, but barely.

Now the YFZ:
Those things are friggin quick. One dude, has a blue one, the other is white, they both have GYTR pipes but the white one will pass the blue one right off. I can probly beat the blue one but I highly doubt that I'd beat the white one. Its just faster for some reason.

TRX310R:
Probly the fastest thing in this area...... My brothers Quadzilla will probly give it a heck of a run when we finally get the damn head gasket from Rocky Mountain ATV, been ordered for months.:grr:

I wanna race another 416 sometime, cuz I think mines kinda peppy, just curious if its running good or just average.

RAPTORAZ
06-19-2004, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by s-10s_rule
Now for the Raptor:
I've never been beaten by a Raptor, raced the fastest one around in a not too official manner, but mines quicker, although this 'fast' Raptor has stock exhaust and it is faster than my other buddies was with a DMC full system on it, but the stocker has a bigger front sprocket, its quicker and faster anyway. Top speed my 416 is about 1/2 MPH faster, just kinda creep right past him, but barely.

Now the YFZ:
Those things are friggin quick. One dude, has a blue one, the other is white, they both have GYTR pipes but the white one will pass the blue one right off. I can probly beat the blue one but I highly doubt that I'd beat the white one.

I'm not trying to start a flame war here. But these Raptor's and YFZ's you're racing are obviously very poorly tuned. If the only mods you have are in your signature, then your 416 is milder than mine. And mine is EASILY killed by my buddies piped/jetted/airbox lid removed YFZ. It's not even close. At Glamis on Olds hill he'll darn near half-hill me. Which is what you'd expect from a bike that is lighter and has 10+ more RWHP.

Based on your signature, your bike puts out 35 RWHP AT THE MOST. Whereas a properly tuned piped YFZ or Raptor puts out around 45 RWHP.

s-10s_rule
06-19-2004, 03:34 PM
Well they may not be tuned perfectly, I highly doubt that they are. They both have the stock airbox, and neither of them seem to know what the heck the pilot screw is there for, but I am being as factual as I can with any races I have took part in, I haven't raced either of the YFZ mentioned, like I said, but the fella with the 'blue' YFZ raced the Predator I also raced anly minutes before I raced it myself, his blue YFZ didn't beat it by much at all, the Predator was right at his rear tire and it has a higher top speed so in the end the Predator passed him, but that was probly like 600-700 feet so it really is irrelivant anyway, only minutes later when I races the same predator I was further ahead of it all three times and I have a higher top speed* (who really cares anyway). So judging by that I would beat that YFZ. I offered to race him after we got something to eat but he declined and we decided to do it some other time, but I really wont feel bad if I lose to one, I really expect to, his YFZ just dosent seem right. Now the white YFZ has taken all challengers so far, I have not yet been one of them because he has beaten Banshees that I'm sure should beat me, so yeah, he'd smoke me through the gears. In the sand I'm sure any difference in power will be magnified especially going up a hill and the YFZ being geared so close together. Honestly I truly think that I would beat the Blue YFZ, I really dont care if I do or don't, I just like to ride but my friends know my 400 is pretty fast so they always get people to race me. I will be able to tell everyone what the results are as soon as I presonally race either or both of these YFZs, but against the same Predator on the same hour of the same day, I pulled harder on it, we'll just need to race head-to-head.

P.S. No that is not exactly all that I done to my motor in my signature, but pretty close. I also had probly a 1/4 gallon of 110 in my full tank of gas, but I notice no difference with or without it. It seems our motors are mostly the same, just Ross piston vs. Wiseco and Stage 1 cam vs. Stage 2, I have no airbox lid, choke removed from my carb, FMF header (dunno if its any better), White bros Rev box, some other trivial things...

No offence taken to your responce, I'm just telling people my experiences, and thats exactly what they were however they might need to be explained, I cant tell you. This is too long....

How do you like thoes Banshee bars on a 400ex?

Aallron
06-19-2004, 05:37 PM
to remove ALL doubts as too the fastest thing out there .... http://home.comcast.net/~durchanek2/250r172.wmv

RAPTORAZ
06-19-2004, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by s-10s_rule
How do you like thoes Banshee bars on a 400ex?

I really like the Banshee bend. That's why I put them on both my EX and my Raptor.

sparky450AR
06-19-2004, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by RAPTORAZ
Bombardier uses Rotax motors. Polaris engines are built by Fuji Heavy Industries.

If the Raptor and Predator are piped and well tuned the 416 has little chance for victory. My 416 was no match for my Raptor when it was piped and tuned only. They were pretty even until the top of second gear, then my Raptor would pull away at an alarming rate. If both are well tuned, I'd also give the win to the Raptor over the Predator.

your right....my bad:(

3x440ex
06-19-2004, 09:47 PM
It seems our motors are mostly the same, just Ross piston vs. Wiseco and Stage 1 cam vs. Stage 2, I have no airbox lid, choke removed from my carb, FMF header (dunno if its any better), White bros Rev box, some other trivial things...
yeah, i also have a fcr 39mm carb, open airbox, hmf pipe, wb rev limiter......i rode the piped yfz and the raptor, they're both friends of mine, and they both pull real hard, but i think my 416 pulls just as hard. i won't know until i race them...as for the preditor it is bone stock and i have never ridden one before so i don't have a clue as to how quick they are. I guess we will see tomorrow.......well maybe not since i'm still breaking it in.

06-19-2004, 10:33 PM
My best friend has a Preditor 500 with a WB pipe, jetting and gearing. My son's best friend has a brand new Raptor that is bone stock. I have a 440 newly rebuilt that has beaten more than one Raptor. My friend with the Preditor uses me to start his races against YFZ's. When I go, they go! Of course, I lose but my point is I have a great deal of experience watching Preditors race other quads. The Preditor easily beats Raptors, Hondas, and even Banchees. The YFZ's beat the Preditor more often than not. The thing that is surprising to me is that When I race up hill instead of on flat groung, I can stay right with all of them. I can only assume I have a great deal of torque...... In my opinion, the fastest stock bike out there is the YFZ and then The Preditor.

3x440ex
06-19-2004, 11:22 PM
yfz 450............................................... ...
trx 450............................................... ..

preditor.......................................... .
ds 650...........................................
raptor............................................
banshee.......................................

z 400.....................................
400ex...................................

this is my guess if you were to race these in stock trim.

lilpoppy
06-20-2004, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by 3x440ex
yfz 450............................................... ...
trx 450............................................... ..

preditor.......................................... .
ds 650...........................................
raptor............................................
banshee.......................................

z 400.....................................
400ex...................................

this is my guess if you were to race these in stock trim.

Are you talking a drag race? You think the preditor and ds 650 or even a raptor will beat a banshee? I doubt it, and on many occasions on just a flat drag race in the sand I have seen a trx 450 take multiple yfz's.

As far as my 416 goes I have beatten piped yfz's by a length or so but it is tough. Raptors and predators are no problem and slightly modded banshees i can take by about 1/2 a length to a length.

04EXdude
06-20-2004, 12:43 PM
I just got my mods on (HC Stage 1, Pro Circuit S/O, Powerfilter, rejetted) and a buddie just got a brand new Predator. We drag raced all day and he didn't win not one time. He let me ride it and I have to say I thought the Predator was faster than that. Granted though, his was brand new and not broke in yet plus it was his first day riding it.....:blah:

Out_Sider
06-20-2004, 01:03 PM
the 04 predators are some BAD MOTHA's!!! it's amazing how much a shorter swing arm helps. I wouldnt mind having an 04 Predator, but when i look at them compared to a trx450r or a yfz450...i just like the smaller chassis of the 450's..predator would win outta those 3.

06-20-2004, 05:09 PM
I agree the 04 Preditor is a bad mother! I too thought the Banchee was unbeatable, but I have actually been in the race where it was beaten by a Preditor. The Predator will also beat the Honda 450. It will not beat the YFZ though.

Hey S10s rule, I have one for sale it is an 89 4WD 4.3 and all the extras!

3x440ex
06-20-2004, 07:15 PM
Are you talking a drag race? You think the preditor and ds 650 or even a raptor will beat a banshee? I doubt it, and on many occasions on just a flat drag race in the sand I have seen a trx 450 take multiple yfz's.
like i said this is my guess, and yes i was refering to a drag race....maybe i'm wrong. Your mods are the same as mine but i think i still need to dile in the carb. I've been playing with the feul screw all day and can't seem to find the right setting, plus my freekin cluch is slipping now due to the extra power....i was only beating my stock 400 by about 3 or 4 quad lengths:eek2: :eek2:

3x440ex
06-20-2004, 07:24 PM
hey lilpoppy......where are you at with the fuel screw on your FCR 39MM?

lilpoppy
06-20-2004, 07:27 PM
Its been a while since I messed with it but I think it was about 2 1/2 turns out from all the way in and I'm pretty much at sea level.

tantrum259
06-20-2004, 08:53 PM
my friend has a suped up banshee that i walked all ovre last weekend in the dunes, beat him by 2-3 bike lenghts and we only went like 200ft and yeah he was pisst he also just sold his banshee and is going to get either a predator or a yfz , he dont want a 450r cuz man, at the dunes the 450r's vs the yfz's vs the predators.... the yfz and preds just walked all over the 450r's