PDA

View Full Version : trail claw II ?

4punksdad
03-25-2002, 06:50 PM
Last week I ordered a new set of 20x11x9 tamers for the 400ex..........well, they still aren't in. I was hoping to have them before the weekend. I had to ride with the stock 300EX tires on my 400 & that sucked!
anyway, now they say the tires are on backorder. So I was considering the titan trail claw II as an alternative.

has anyone run these tires? they look alot like the stock 400 tread pattern (which I like). does anyone have pics of this tire on their quad? any info is greatly appreciated.

pic borrowed from dennis kirk

RideRed04
03-25-2002, 07:22 PM
here is one, not mine. They seem to be a good tire. Probably not the tuffest tire out there, but will get the job done. The only problem I see is the wide space between the lugs making them prone to holes.

03-25-2002, 09:33 PM
I have the original trail claws (by Dico before they were bought by Titan and then Titan by ITP) on my warrior and they work great on this machine.

I dont know how they will do on the 400 but they have been good in most trail stuff But they are little soft w/ large open sections. I dont have any holes so far. The claws seem a little too flexible in the side wall for good handling though. Only been stuck once in pretty deep mud.

I am currently trying a new Kenda tire called , Or was called the Desert Dog (now its the knarly?)on my honda. This is a interesting tire and if it was a softer compound I would absolutly love it. This tire does everything very well, hard pack, sand, some mud, and its seems like it would be real hard to get flat as its a damn hard rubber. (too damn hard)

The problem with this tire seems to be that it has a little trouble hooking up in loose stuff. We have a lot of sand and gravel in south NJ and when you get a few inches of this stuff over a hard base a stiff or hard rubber tire just dont seem to grab much traction. if your looking for a tough tire that works well in various terrain then check them out.

I think you may be happy with any of the three.

ChadEXer
03-26-2002, 09:34 AM
I have them on mine. They are great tires. they hook up damned good. better than stock and they are tougher. I luv mine!!! Order them from Marcums. Thats where I got mine and he reccommends them

4punksdad
03-26-2002, 01:18 PM
newsflash..........now my local shop says they have the turf tamers on the way. they should be in tomorrow. I was pumped to try the trail claws :(

I wish they would make up my mind!

03-26-2002, 11:05 PM
I wish they would make up my mind!

:D

4punksdad I think we know that feeling.