PDA

View Full Version : Never Ride Alone!

400 EX FREAK
06-18-2004, 11:05 AM
never ride alone, i did and every time i ride alone i always get stuck or crash! One time i rode alone i was riding in some trails and i tried to ride over the log, i didn't see it but their was another branch that came out from the log, when i went to go ride over it well first thing i did wrong was i didn't have enough speed to go over it, well i somehow got my front tires over it but my back tires got stuck,i had to walk back to my house and my dad had to get his chainsaw to get the quad unstuck. that was a time that i will never forget and that taught me to never ride alone.

400 EX FREAK
06-18-2004, 05:27 PM
now lets here other peoples stories about when they were riding alone:D

400exrider555
06-18-2004, 05:45 PM
i was riding alone and i was goin down around the res in my town and i hit a patch of ice spun around and went in the res....on ym friends quad....sunk in cold water....oops...well it floated but yeah you know, yet i still ride alone

400 EX FREAK
06-18-2004, 05:59 PM
lol thats sounds like something i would do;)

400exrider555
06-19-2004, 09:31 AM
it wasnt fun tho because the water was really cold and i had to get it out then ride to my friends house and explain what happened and why i was drenched......ive never seen anyone laugh so hard

RACER_XXXXXX
06-23-2004, 03:19 PM
i was at an atv park with my friend and i had to go back to his truck to get my wallet, and on the way back i decided to do some 2nd gear wheelies. in mid wheelie the right tire hit a bump and somehow threw it over on the right side. when the bike hit the ground it bent the ball joint in the lower a-arm. i was never so glad that a quad had stock suspension. 2 months later i have yet to pay him back.:p

YFZ450Ridr
06-28-2004, 03:20 PM
i was watchin 'You Gotta See This' and this kid on a blaster set up a video camera and was shootin some film of him jumpin and on his last jump before he went in he held the throttle wide open and went nose end down and flipped forward:eek: . he laid there for a good 15 mins on the ground srceaming to himself in pain then finally got back up and rode home.

06-28-2004, 08:03 PM
ya i saw that too. holy chit that would of hurt. he like crunched his back.

sickmojave
06-29-2004, 06:07 AM
if I didn't ride alone then I would never get to ride. :(

reconmaster
06-29-2004, 06:50 AM
Well my worst story was when i was @ my house rdin on my track and cased a double and i thought i broke my wrists and couldn't drive 4 a few mins.
Tge other 1 has 2 be when my battery dropped on the way 2 a friends house and i got there and it wouldn't start and and looked down and i seen my battery next 2 my shock when i got 2 my friends house.

SSracingNY
06-29-2004, 06:46 PM
I usually dont b/c its pretty boring and when ya do something cool, you look around to see who say you do it and theres no one there but you.

but last winter i went out w/ my friends on our sleds and i was comming home (alone) and i took the long way home so i was playing in the powder. they were hills on each side of the trail so i was swearving and i almost got to the top of the last 1 and my hand slipped off the gas but i quick got back on it and it was too late, she just sank . it was at night, no one was out on a friday night which suprised the hell outta me, but when i was almost unstuck 2 sleds came up and watched me get it out the rest of the way so i pulled up to him and said "thanks for the help."

the other time i was jumpin snow banks across the street from a bar into powder and the last jump i took, she sunk and didnt move. and ofcourse i had to try and go up hill so i just went inside and got my dad:p

acold7dusta
07-04-2004, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by 250EXridr
i was watchin 'You Gotta See This' and this kid on a blaster set up a video camera and was shootin some film of him jumpin and on his last jump before he went in he held the throttle wide open and went nose end down and flipped forward:eek: . he laid there for a good 15 mins on the ground srceaming to himself in pain then finally got back up and rode home.

i thought that was a banshee:confused:

Cody_300ex
07-07-2004, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by acold7dusta
i thought that was a banshee:confused:

Yeah it was a banshee. ;)

07-08-2004, 07:30 PM
i was rdin wheelies in my local pit 2 miles from home and i put it on its grab bar flipped it back over no start nothin not even a noise so i pushed it a mile and a half then pushed in the woods took the key ran home and got my lil sis 90 and towed it the rest come to find out dirty connection

300ex_rider1121
07-12-2004, 12:36 PM
1 time wen i was ridin alone i was riding were i wasnt suposed to and i got stuck in a ditch but this dude came and helped me git it out

once we went to the sand pits and i was ridin in the mud there was a group of riders like 5 feet away but they left and rightn after they left i got stuck and had to wait cause i couldnt get it out until this guy with a jeep cheroke had to pull me out one of the guys with that group of riders had a vinson and could have pulled me out but they left before i got stuck. a couple of weeks lator my brother had to pull him out

p.s.

Quad Dude
07-13-2004, 03:37 PM
well oonce i was out ridin in my nehigbors pasture and there was a small little hill i thought i would jump so i got on the gas hit it and it threw me over the bars on to my head quad rolled over twice but like a good 400 landed on its wheels and after like 5 mins of pain pinned it on home with a bent steering stem

man did that ever hurt taught me never ride without helmet
not only did my head hurt but the grass left a stain on my head

ScrnNmsSUCK
07-15-2004, 12:40 AM
I was tryin to get out of the woods to go home, and there was 2 cops at the entrance. went to the back entrance another one. i had to sit in the woods for like an hour waitin for them to leave. It was reall boring and i had to far back bc its pretty much illegal to ride offroad or onroad in nj.

450Redrider5
12-12-2005, 07:22 PM
Ive also seen this video it looks like he would have broke his back but i thought it was a blaster for sure, does anyone have the video?:devil:

ride red 14
12-13-2005, 04:29 PM
when i rode alone i went for a jump and my 400ex did a nose dive on me ending me up with a broken collar bone yah it sucked pretty bad

hardkoratvmxr
12-13-2005, 08:32 PM
it was a blaster

coolex
12-14-2005, 05:08 PM
yes indeed it was

12-15-2005, 08:06 PM
i flipped backwards down a hill twice in a row till i made it

Dont u just hate ti when u have a cool *** wreck n nobody sees it? lol

Joe400ex
12-18-2005, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by LTZ400ridr

are u sure ive seen that one i think it was a banshee but ya that was crazy. The jump was on a hill

deathman53
12-18-2005, 03:05 PM
I've had to wait for the cops to leave before. Me and my my friends were riding, and we came out to the entrance of the trail, well, there is a cop. I turned around(everyone else was sitting about 1/2 before), I came out to the street(enduro bike w/ plates) and rode past the cops, I went to a deli, came back to the area about 1/2 hour later, the cops was gone, I called the other guys and we all got out of there quickly. I dealt with having to wait for the cop to leave in the same area about 2 years later, I was riding my trike, so no running out to the street. my enduro came in handy another time, we were riding in jackon, we were horribly lost, half the group was almost out of gas, I hit the street put my bike on my truck, took one of the guys' trailer and put it on my truck and rode out to where they were waiting, loaded up a few bikes, took one guy back with me, he then took another truck and loaded the rest of the bikes up. I never got hurt, but I got stuck plently of times riding alone, the worst was I suck my bike and couldn't get it back started, I had to call my dad to drive my truck to a certain place where I was waiting on the side of the road.

ImWhite
12-19-2005, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by sickmojave
if I didn't ride alone then I would never get to ride. :(

same here man...no1 ever wants to ride around here....

moto04racing
12-21-2005, 05:35 PM
i was riding my dad big bear 400 on a trail by myself, about 4 miles from our cabin i roll. i could get the quad back over plus it was in a ditch, i walked about 2 miles and then got a ride from someone down the road. It sucked. Never gonna ride that alone again, well i will but ill take it easy

red300
12-26-2005, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by RACER_XXXXXX
i was at an atv park with my friend and i had to go back to his truck to get my wallet, and on the way back i decided to do some 2nd gear wheelies. in mid wheelie the right tire hit a bump and somehow threw it over on the right side. when the bike hit the ground it bent the ball joint in the lower a-arm. i was never so glad that a quad had stock suspension. 2 months later i have yet to pay him back.:p

and some people dont understand why i dont let anyone ride my bike

we were at a halloween ride this year and a guy was riding a grizz by himself . he went up a hill and hit a rock that was sticking out of the ground. when he flipped he hit his head on the rock, splitting his head wide oped. he laid there a few min befor anyone found him. when they found him he couldnt move or anything but he could talk and knew what was going on. ambulance came and got him then the flew him to a better trauma center. he was VERY lucky...dont ride by your self if you do atleast wear a helmet

300ex#5
12-26-2005, 07:36 PM
the only time i rode along i got lost cause i was at a friends house and i was heading back to his camp in the middle of no where and my tie-rod end broke and i had no idea where i was and had to walk for 2 hoursin the dark b4 i finally found a road and i went to a guys house and asked him where the camp was and he showed me where to go...it was really scary!

QuadJunkies
12-27-2005, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by 400 EX FREAK
now lets here other peoples stories about when they were riding alone:D I went out on some big sand dunes, rolled to the bottom of a sand bowl and was stuck by myself and coudlnt get out of the sand bowl :( took me a bit, but I got back to our camp. Damaged a nerve in my hand that took over a year to heal but I think I hurt my pride even more :o :p I ALWAYS ride with others now .

omaits
12-30-2005, 08:04 PM
I had a few bad "riding alone" experiences.

Probably the worst woudl be the time my battery went dead and I couldnt get my quad started. I was stuck in a creek and had to push it out by myself. I pushed the quad all over the place trying to get it started again. Finally, after about 45 mins I got it started. Then, on my way back, I stalled it out at the bottom of a hill and had to do it all over again. It sucked so bad.

12-30-2005, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by LTZ400ridr

Wheres that video at?

01-29-2006, 02:20 PM
Where can i find that video???

eldiablo10
02-01-2006, 09:02 AM
Riding alone sucks. It gets so boring when you hve no one to shoot dirt up at. You know what is even worst, having one quad and taking turns riding.

Bexxter
02-04-2006, 10:40 PM
Two of the Three times I went to Haspin Acres by myself I had my 2 worst roll overs I have ever had. Just lucky enough that I was not pinned and was able to get out of the way in time. The last time I went, I took a buddy with me and still managed to fall off and did have my leg pinned just enough that he had to lift it up some for me to get out from underneath it. Always take a buddy for now on.

400exrider99
02-06-2006, 05:20 AM
i never ride alone

02-06-2006, 10:30 AM
i go alone, but theres always people there

eldiablo10
02-07-2006, 08:47 AM
I don't have a quad yet so I don't know how it is to ride alone really. I ride my friends quads all the time though. They get kinda mad cause I can bust out tricks and they can't.

LOL

Jersey450R
02-07-2006, 09:54 AM
I'm almost 24 years old and ride alone all the time. Not for hours but you know what i mean.

The only time something happened i'll never forget. when i was 8 and got my first motorized vehicle, a 5 HP briggs n stratton go cart, i took a nearby trail that i always wondered where it went driving by with pop. to make a long story short, i got on the cart about a week later, took the trail and got lost...really lost. so lost about an hour later, i started to cry (remember i was 8, lol). i finally ran out of gas and thought my life was over, haha! i ended up pushing the go cart down the trail and making it out to a road which i didnt know what road that was either. i walked up to a strangers house still balling and called home.

years later i still take that trail. its like an access trail to my main places to ride now. funny how life ends up.

400EXride
02-25-2006, 08:34 PM
Like the others have said, I ride alone as well. If I didn't I would never get to ride. Peoples schedules are always in conflict. A couple of pointers though:

-tell someone where you are going before you leave and when to expect you

-always where helmet, ect.

-take a cell phone

-don't ride beyond your ability, save the new crazy $%@#$ for when you have a group of riders

81 clark racing
02-28-2006, 04:46 PM
yea last winter i was riding alone in the woods behind my house an i was screwing around on a pond well i caught a snow drift an it threw me off the bike i smashed my head off the ice knocked my self out an cracked the helment , bent the handel bars an th stering rod so bad i couldnt steer. what a ride that was back home. yet i still ride alone

desertrats
03-01-2006, 01:21 PM
All my friends are into riding pretty hardcore but I am the only one with a quad, and one of my friends has a yz250 so I ride with him every now and then, but I am mostly forced to ride alone, I dont have an horror stories though, I just stay in areas I know really well and always ride within my abilities

Bobbo
03-19-2006, 09:08 AM
yah well i was riding my buddy on the back of my quad and i felt bad he had to sit on the back so i let him ride and i went to get my uncles dirtbike thats right down the road. me friends went to the local place we ride and i told them i would meet them. Well since my uncles dirtbike battery was dead i had to pop start it i got down to the rail trail and i caught a root and it caused me to lose control of the bike and i went down. There were no hills to pop start it and the bike is way to heavy for my *** to pop start it with out a hill so i ended up walking it all the way to where my buddies were and they helped me get it going. Next time ill make them wait for me before hand so i dont have to run a dirtbike in the woods :(

Bobbo
03-19-2006, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by desertrats
All my friends are into riding pretty hardcore but I am the only one with a quad, and one of my friends has a yz250 so I ride with him every now and then, but I am mostly forced to ride alone, I dont have an horror stories though, I just stay in areas I know really well and always ride within my abilities

jesus are you ok? lol that musta hurt hah

rancher 350 kid
03-20-2006, 05:52 PM
i was ridin around on a 99 xr 70 and i tried to go down this ravineand there was 3 ways to get out and couldnt get out of either of them bout 15 mins later friend nick came and helped