View Full Version : Just Bought 450r

Wayne64SS
06-18-2004, 09:01 AM
TRADED IN MY 300EX FOR A 04 450R. PICKIN IT UP SATURDAY I CANT WAIT IM SO PSYCHED..... WISH ME LUCK FELLAS!

300exOH
06-18-2004, 09:03 AM
Lucky dawg. May I ask how much they gave you for trade in on you 300ex? Anyways congrats.

Wayne64SS
06-18-2004, 02:39 PM
absolutely .. they gave me $3000 and i had a cracked l/f fender. But mine was an 03 i bought 2 months ago. Damn salesman said i would never outgrow it. what an ***. I had to swallow $600 that i owed on my old one but hey ill be a helluva lot happier now i think... I CANT WAIT TO PICK IT UP TOMORROW I AM SO PSYCHED! Thanks guys for all you information here on the site... i was gonna buy a yammy but they are junk ... wayyy to many problems... this forum rocks!! see you on the trails!

06-18-2004, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Wayne64SS
i was gonna buy a yammy but they are junk ... wayyy to many problems... this forum rocks!! see you on the trails! you better shoose your words more wisely or you may not be here much longer like me

tkwarrior
06-18-2004, 03:09 PM
Come on jumbo everyone can have their own opinions. :D

Congrats on the purchase.

06-18-2004, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by tkwarrior
Come on jumbo everyone can have their own opinions. :D

Congrats on the purchase. i agree with him though..i like those posts b/c there true but others dont with higher powers ;)

Wayne64SS
06-18-2004, 03:17 PM
HUH? I DONT GET IT..... If I was not supposed to post my opinion. sorry if i offended anyone. I have found that people on this board are really quite touchy ???? I would suggest going out and riding rather than staying in and wining about what someone said on a forum?? Hey no hard feelings here i aint tryin to get anyones pantys ina bunch... tahts why i didnt post under the yfz forum. lets not get all mad

06-18-2004, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Wayne64SS
HUH? I DONT GET IT..... If I was not supposed to post my opinion. sorry if i offended anyone. I have found that people on this board are really quite touchy ???? I would suggest going out and riding rather than staying in and wining about what someone said on a forum?? Hey no hard feelings here i aint tryin to get anyones pantys ina bunch... tahts why i didnt post under the yfz forum. lets not get all mad I AGREE WITH YOU ABOUT ALL THAT! I'm just saying there are alot of people on here who complain about loving yamaha & everything & try to act cool when they arent in real life. all they do is come on exriders & cry. just watch your back b/c they will try to get you to talk smack. check the mic one 2 one 2 this is just a test

Wayne64SS
06-18-2004, 04:57 PM
well i aint tryin to talk smack ... thanks for the warnin bro. i bought wht i felt was best for my $$ If the yammy guys dont like the fact i didnt buy a yfz too bad. dont get me wrong i like the yfz but it is problem ridden from my 2 months of research i have come to the conclusion that the 450r is as problem free JUST LIKE ALL HONDAS so that is what i will stay with ... and if a yfz passes me so be it cause its only a matter of time before i ride on by him cause his water pump leaks or his battery is toasst. 450R owners unite wooooo wooooo

06-18-2004, 11:15 PM
:p

Kennethyfz450
06-19-2004, 11:32 AM
hey wayne....

the best way to start it is pump the gas 3-4 times make sure you do this.. its very important, then kick it................................... you will be amazed with the out come...:devil:

also dont go start bragging that you got a brand new stock 450r cause a few years down the road your not going to get nothing for it.. cause its kicked start!!

thats funny how you call yamaha junk.. and its ok its your opinion..

Go ahead and get on the honda wish list to catch up to a stock yfz

hrc cam
hmf slip

that was all you need to hang with my stock yfz at the strip.. now since i got some goodies.....

might want to get full hmf/lrd/sparkswb/fmf/tc/ta
a different cam and gearing..

then if a piped jetted cam mod still walks all over you just think the board that you got a slow bike:blah: :macho

other than that have fun

Jumbo when i see you post something i go and read it.. its really funny you remind me of sleepin catfish always pushing peoples button which i like doing also.. but i am just wearing a different color than you:D

glenfoto
06-19-2004, 11:35 AM
I made a thread called 300ex vs 450r about a month ago. I too went from a 300ex to a 450r. All I can say is wow.. I'm happy I learned on that 300ex, because I completely appreciate and respect the power of the 450r. It really is night and day.

So, with that said, it's definitely worth the 600 bucks you ate in the long run.

Also, ignore the blue vs. red crap.. lets all just ride...

Enjoy!

Glen

06-19-2004, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Kennethyfz450

Jumbo when i see you post something i go and read it.. its really funny you remind me of sleepin catfish always pushing peoples button im about to get a button pushed on me...the ban button after I became a patron..:(

Cody_300ex
06-19-2004, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Jumbo747
im about to get a button pushed on me...the ban button after I became a patron..:(

thank god! :o

06-19-2004, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Lil_300Ex_Kid
thank god! :o go ride your little 300ex on over to the powertrain forum...this is where the big dogs hang out...

LostCause439
06-19-2004, 06:02 PM
Than what are you doing here

sparky450AR
06-19-2004, 11:04 PM
hey wayne....

the best way to start it is pump the gas 3-4 times make sure you do this.. its very important, then kick it................................... you will be amazed with the out come...:devil:

also dont go start bragging that you got a brand new stock 450r cause a few years down the road your not going to get nothing for it.. cause its kicked start!!

thats funny how you call yamaha junk.. and its ok its your opinion..

Go ahead and get on the honda wish list to catch up to a stock yfz

hrc cam
hmf slip

that was all you need to hang with my stock yfz at the strip.. now since i got some goodies.....

might want to get full hmf/lrd/sparkswb/fmf/tc/ta
a different cam and gearing..

then if a piped jetted cam mod still walks all over you just think the board that you got a slow bike:blah: :macho

other than that have fun

Jumbo when i see you post something i go and read it.. its really funny you remind me of sleepin catfish always pushing peoples button which i like doing also.. but i am just wearing a different color than you:D

All of the sudden, everyone seems to forget about the 250R's being kickstart, and still having the potential to dominate everything. And did for years and years.

roughrider01
06-20-2004, 05:26 AM
hey wayne....

Yah, just by pumping it 3-4 times is gonna do alot of damage to it and i know what your referring too. :rolleyes: Maybe when you hold it full throttle for 15 minutes it might grenade and then thats your fault.

About the kick start, i guess the dirtbikers arent gonna get crap for there bikes either when they try to sell them to hey? Do you ever see dirtbikers whining about kick-starting there bikes, never. So now why does every honda hater try to cut the bike down because of it, baffles my mind. Your born with two legs arent ya??

Wayne64SS
06-20-2004, 09:05 PM
tell ya what i rode all weekend and i stalled like a mother****er cause first gear is ****IN TALL for the trails!!!! But i tell ya i fell in love with my kickstart. break my balls all you want cause i aint got electric start but i am the happiest kid in the world on my 450. Its a blast! I absolutely love everything about it. What a jump up from a 300!!! Damn guys. Hey Ken no hard feelings bro and yammy aint junk bro i think i was just excited and giddy. Yammys are nice bikes but it just seemed like there was an awful lot of prooblems with them. As for loosing resale value cause its kickstart?? I think you shoudl remove your head from your *** thats about the stupidest thing i've ever heard. Maybe when you are enough of a man to kickstart a motor you can step up and ride red. Untill then enjoy your elec start and electrical problems while im out riding. Now enough of this red vs blue bull**** they are both great machines lets just go out and enjoy em ehh? Have fun on the trails guys i know i will ;)

glenfoto
06-20-2004, 11:27 PM
Wayne,

Glad to hear you liked it. I too found 1st a little frustrating on my first trail ride, which included steep inclines with ruts... i just played with the clutch and revved her up... but in conclusion, it's not the best trail bike out of the box, in my opinion.

Makes your 300 feel like kids' stuff, huh?? I completely agree, and like I have said, I'm happy I learned on a less powerful bike.. I appreciate it every time I rev and feel my arms hang on to the bars...

Be safe, and enjoy.

Glen

sparky450AR
06-21-2004, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by glenfoto
Wayne,

Glad to hear you liked it. I too found 1st a little frustrating on my first trail ride, which included steep inclines with ruts... i just played with the clutch and revved her up... but in conclusion, it's not the best trail bike out of the box, in my opinion.

Makes your 300 feel like kids' stuff, huh?? I completely agree, and like I have said, I'm happy I learned on a less powerful bike.. I appreciate it every time I rev and feel my arms hang on to the bars...

Be safe, and enjoy.

Glen

I too think they should have went with a 1st gear. Its more like 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th on the R. But you can make it more like a trail bike, by adding a 15 dollar 13 tooth front sprocket. The only downfall is loosing 6 mph, but how often are you going 70+ MPH on the trail?:p

lukester720
06-21-2004, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by Jumbo747
go ride your little 300ex on over to the powertrain forum...this is where the big dogs hang out...
Lol, I got a chuckle out of that one.

Wayne64SS
06-21-2004, 04:58 AM
thanks for all the great responses guys. Over the weekend i have polished (by hand - i wanna give it a buffer) the front bumper and rear grab bar. I am gonna do the case tonight. LoL. I will be ordering my 13 tooth front sprocket today. Anybody know where i can get one? I usualy do all my shopping online so a link would be great. Thanks again guys i'll try to get pics up soon!

29FTEX
06-21-2004, 08:03 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2482718500&category=43982

Better get it before someone else does!!!

Wayne64SS
06-21-2004, 09:23 AM
Just bought renthal 13t front sprocket. Hopefully it'll be here by the end of the week. i am so psyched. cant wait to ride again!!!

Kennethyfz450
06-21-2004, 10:04 AM
i remember the hottest thing out a few years ago was the honda 400ex it was hard to buy... people wanted 5000.00 for a used one.. NOW since its slower doesnt have reverse like the z and its not very respected in the mag anymore (which matters to alot of people) Its hard to get anything out of it.. i sold mine for 3400.00 and it had 2 years left on the warranty.. i would have gotten a whole lot more if the z, pred would have never came out...

what i am trying to say is when the mag are saying the yfz is better, and it also has e start ... its going to make alot of difference when someone is looking to buy one of these bikes down the road....

the dirtbike is a totally different story... I believe everyone respects it more than the honda450r everyone says they should have tried harder.. Heck people that dont even ride say that stupid stuff because they read it.

last year a z was 5699.00 and the honda was 5699.00
is there a reason why my friend with a ragged out z sold his for 4600.00
and i sold me ex for that had nothing wrong with it and had a warranty 3400.00??

HOnda resale value is not going to be the same as it once was.. call your local dealer and ask them how much 400ex droped in the used market...
better yet look at autotrader there was this sweet one with a blue frame with black plastic that had beadlocks elkas and everything asking 3700.00 or best offer last month.. i think they said a sparks 416 kit installed also . not for sure so dont hold me to it could have been a 440..
:confused: :confused:

I am glad you like it.. But you will see that the honda will not have great resale value later on down the road with all that said..

most people looking for a quad is looking for cheap with e start reverse and power right??? (i learned that when i was trying to sale my 400ex.. people kept asking if it had reverse.. i was like ohh and they was like i may call you back tomorrow and never did.. lol)

oh well now with the kickstart it going to be a whole lot worse than not having reverse.. people are going to call is that kick or e start?? hopefully you get the point:mad:

anyways i am glad you like your bike gear that sucker down before you burn your clutch out:cool:
i didnt mean to make you mad just sharing my opinion and you can take it for what its worth..

Wayne64SS
06-21-2004, 10:41 AM
no man its cool. im glad your cool about it. i get what you are trying to say. Im not too concerned with resale right now anyway, i bought it because i dont wanna be back to the dealer for at least 3 - 5 years. i think this thing is more than enough to hold me over. LoL I wanted to ride the yfz before i bought anything but the only yammy dealer wouldnt let me (strange enough it was the same dealer i bought my 300 from) so i said **** them and went somewhere else and bought the honda. I should have pretty good luck with it everything i;ve ever owned is Honda made except my prjoect car 64 Impala SS. never had any trouble out of any hondas so far. Except the e-brake design blows ..... it keeps loosing adjustment i hate it. grrr