PDA

View Full Version : Deceleraion?

cabex
06-18-2004, 08:22 AM
HI i just got a FCR41 Carb for my Z400 and i got it jetted just how i like it, it pulls very hard from the bottom to the top. But when i cut the throtle at WOT it stumbles and kinda cuts out? anyone know what could cause this? I am at a 175 MJ 42 piolet, and the clip is on the bottom of the needle. The clip was on the 3rd clip then i changed it to the bottom and it runs a whole lot better but now it has the deceleration stumble?

any ideas?

cals400ex
06-18-2004, 09:42 AM
i bet the needle or mainjet may be a tad too big. i would go up a notch or 2 for sure on the needle clip. also, i am not exactly positive on the z400 but on a built 400ex a 175 is too much in my opinion.

cabex
06-18-2004, 02:04 PM
i got up on the needle and the performance drops quite a bit the lowest setting runs the best, which is the richest, i think im gona go up to a 177 MJ and try that

but does anyone elese have any ideas?

Aallron
06-18-2004, 06:20 PM
It seems that you are going in the right direction. If the needle is raised as high as the clip allows and there is still room for improvement-performance wise, by all means increase the main jet a size or 2 and drop the needle down a notch or 2 and re-check. All you will have invested is a few $$ for some jets and some time.