PDA

View Full Version : Hmf Pipe

ridered-450r
06-17-2004, 10:35 PM
IM GETTIN READY TO ORDER A FULLSYTEM HMF PIPE. I WAS WONDERING HOW GOOD THEY HELP THE POWER ON THE 450R. HAS ANYONE HAD PROBLEMS WITH THEIR? THANKS

Ryan8R
06-17-2004, 11:01 PM
I got just a slip on hmf for my 450r and im running a 180 main jet with no air box lid...and it runs like a bat outta hell...its greay and well worth it. Im sure the fullsystem is even better..good choice..Ryan

bigz-71
06-19-2004, 08:48 PM
i have the full system with the hrc cam in the bike. it run really good. i still have the 185 main jet but i can not decide if i need to rejet the bike. i also have a k&n air filter. if anyone else has a full system with the hrc cam in it and a k&n filter, let me know what main jet you are running. i was thinking of a 190 or 180. i think i need to go bigger on the jet size.

kazpr
06-20-2004, 12:31 AM
I got the full Balance series and it RIPZ!!! AMAZING is all I can say. Next is get my head flowed and cam! My shop said it will add 5hp more.

ml450r
06-20-2004, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by bigz-71
i have the full system with the hrc cam in the bike. it run really good. i still have the 185 main jet but i can not decide if i need to rejet the bike. i also have a k&n air filter. if anyone else has a full system with the hrc cam in it and a k&n filter, let me know what main jet you are running. i was thinking of a 190 or 180. i think i need to go bigger on the jet size.

I have the same setup.
185 main
needle raised one clip

SandDuner
06-23-2004, 06:51 PM
i have the hmf full system elptical (sp) and it helped out a lot. your wheels are breaking loose alot more and it is loud when u rev it but when u are just putting it is pretty quite but when u hit it is loud and really helped the bike out quit a bit recommend it.:D :devil:

06-23-2004, 07:27 PM
I really like my HMF system also. I would recommend the quiet core. I thought it was way too loud when I installed mine. I am glad I ordered it, just in case GNCC or FTR inforced the decipal rule. I leave it in all the time power is still there. Click on my signature to see it.

kwatts400
06-24-2004, 01:00 AM
How much did the quiet core help out w/ the sound of the hmf pipe. I'm worried that it will still be way too loud.

sparky450AR
06-24-2004, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by SandDuner
i have the hmf full system elptical (sp) and it helped out a lot. your wheels are breaking loose alot more and it is loud when u rev it but when u are just putting it is pretty quite but when u hit it is loud and really helped the bike out quit a bit recommend it.:D :devil:

Do you have any pics of the eliptical canister on your bike, also does this canister work with there regular headers? Or does it come in a full system?

thanks!

MTEXRANCHER
06-24-2004, 09:20 PM
I have the full system & k&N on. I love the low and middle range power it has now. The quiet core cuts the sound quit a bit. I don't know how much but its noticable. It is hard to tell if there is much of a performance difference with the core in, but I like the sound without it better.

06-24-2004, 10:17 PM
Compared to stock it is still really loud. It is a lot quieter than without. I think HMF has a quiet pipe now. You might want to contact them.

1fast450R
06-25-2004, 06:22 AM
Originally posted by bigz-71

You need atleast a 190 but HMF recomends a 195 with that set up, that is if you have the entire HRC kit and not just the cam...

SandDuner
06-25-2004, 07:02 PM
hey Sparky450AR i will take pics of my bike this weekend and post them and show u what it looks like it is powdercoated black. because we are going to walden sat and be back monday:devil: :D