PDA

View Full Version : Got The Job :D

Quad18star
06-17-2004, 10:12 PM
Well theyve been teaching me all the paper work this week and it's kind of confusing , but after doing it over and over again I'm pretty sure Ill get the hang of it . Tomorrow I get a key to the store and all the other stuff involved with management positions . Hopefully I'll like the job and gain very usefull knowledge out of this for future jobs ( if i ever decide to switch) Like I said ... this job is a career , complete with benefits and all . So far I like it , but its only been a few days now.

Now that I have a good paying job ... its time to sell my Sunflower ... oopps I mean Sunfire GT and buy a new truck . I'm thinking a new Chevy 2500 HD diesel . Also I plan on either taking the $$ from my car ... paying off the YFZ 450 , modding it up , or put the $$ towards the truck . Yet again ... another decision ... but this one aint as tough . Well just wanted to rant on about the good news I've gotten .

Pappy
06-17-2004, 10:13 PM
:D

Butters
06-17-2004, 10:17 PM
congrats man! sounds like stuff is working out. that truck would be a good choice.

Quad18star
06-17-2004, 10:17 PM
LMAO ... where do you get all this smilies??

Pappy
06-17-2004, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
LMAO ... where do you get all this smilies??

rico's homepage is full of them:p

partyboy300ex
06-17-2004, 10:22 PM
thats where i got my aviator from..i think rico desrires a thank your for having those there..thank your rico for the smilies:D :macho

Max400
06-17-2004, 10:46 PM
maybe I'mmissing something, but what is your job?

cletusEX
06-17-2004, 10:53 PM
congrats man. i'm glad you decided to pursue it. only good things to come from here out. do your best, that's all anyone can ask of you.:)

LTandRaptorider
06-17-2004, 10:58 PM
Congrats! :D

So this means you're buying when I come up there?!:p

86350x
06-18-2004, 03:29 AM
Congradulations, On the whole paper work thing don't worry about it.

"Yeah, but that's just paper work":)

Pay the 4 wheeler off, or buy a slead.

SGA
06-18-2004, 07:07 AM
Congrats on the job!
I would hold off a bit on the new truck, you never know how these things are for a bit. Just dont stick your neck out too far till you are settled in.
A financial rule of thumb is: You should have 3 months of bill money in the bank in case you loose your income. Then have that same amount with it for emergencies.
Lets say your monthly bills total $1000.00. You should have $3000 in the bank for that. Then add in the same amount emergency money which is $3000.00.
3000 + 3000= $6000.00 in the bank.
After this is done, its time to go look at that truck.

Quad18star
06-18-2004, 08:09 AM
Ya SGA... i am holding off on buying a truck until I know I have a good downpayment on it and like you said .. make sure I have a few months payments saved up for it . Right now I'm just looking to see what kind of deals are floating out there . Thanks for all the support you guys have given me and I have taken a lot of advice from a few of you guys .

To whomever asked what kind of job I got .... well I was asked to become an Assistant Manager for an aftermarket parts and accessories dealership up here in Canada . www.royaldistributing.com

LtandRaptorider .... when you come up here ... I'll get you some sweet deals on a bunch of stuff . :devil:

LTandRaptorider
06-18-2004, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by Quad18star

LtandRaptorider .... when you come up here ... I'll get you some sweet deals on a bunch of stuff . :devil: [/B]

cool, sounds like a plan.;)

Quad18star
06-24-2004, 08:42 PM
Well I guess I'll give a little update as to how things are going at work . First off , I'm glad I took the chance and decided to give being part of Management a chance . There is a ton of work involved , LOTS of paper work ... 9 hours of paper work a day . I also like the challenge of it all . This is really my first week doing all the paper work and closing up at night and stuff . Im really enjoying it . Next week is going to be the big challenge .... the Manager of the store ( the guy thats showing me all this stuff) is elaving on holidays for a week , so I'm basically running the business by myself for a week , and I have to keep watch over a few employees . I've also been involved in the hiring process , which is pretty sweet ... I get to ask the questions and scan the resumes now :D . I feel I was pretty fortunate to get this job ... I'm only 21 and I know not many companies like to hire young guns for their management positions. I had no previous experience with management and I've only been with this company for 2 years ( The 2 years that theyve been in town now) . I'm glad I took the advice from a few of you guys .... I think taking this chance is really gunna pay off . :devil: