PDA

View Full Version : progressive suspension

trict_out
06-17-2004, 09:28 PM
i was thinkin of puttin some progressive front suspension on my 300ex and i was wonderin if anyone knew how they performed being that progressive is new to sport atv suspension. im not lookin to spend over 500 bux so would works maybe be better?

trict_out
06-17-2004, 10:37 PM
ok does anyone know how big a diff would be between tripple and dual rate works? and does the rezzy make a big diff. cuz if i got the tripples i wouldnt get rezzies but if i got the duals i would? what would be better for harescrambles and mx?

TC426EX
06-18-2004, 06:39 AM
If youre gonna be doing any MX get the triples and try to get the ones with rezzies. They do make a difference and the shocks wont fade as quickly under hard abuse (which im sure youll be doing with your new aftermarket suspension). Alot of HS riders use the duals and alot of MX and HS riders use triple. There are a TON of used works on ebay for cheap with the rezzies so check them out on there. They usually have killer deals on new ones too that should be within your price range... I would DEFINITELY get works over Progressive man any day of the week. Progressive never really struck me as a quality shock, even for dirt bikes. Works arent Ekas or PEP's but they ARE proven, and would basically make your quad a totally different bike over stock. To me, the real riding doesnt start until you have suspension.

wheeltrax
06-18-2004, 05:44 PM
Id def go with works over progressive. I have riden a banshee with progressive and with works and the works were MUCH better. It made the progressive look like a pogo stick on steroids. the works were alot more soft and bottom resistant. plus they looked of higher quality. I have a set of progressives in my garage off of a 250x/300ex. The lower eye has been rewelded to the shock body. Thats telling you its really high quality. I have never put them on my machine, yet i have them available. Id say works over progressive.

trict_out
06-18-2004, 10:10 PM
thanks bud works it shall be

chucked
06-19-2004, 11:26 AM
progressive has been in the street bike industry for years, they are just recently getting into off road stuff