PDA

View Full Version : Cams?

Gordons Well
06-17-2004, 09:13 PM
Is a "White Brothers" cam any good?
Thanks.

Gordons Well
06-18-2004, 08:08 PM
Might put one in my 03 400 along with a 426.
Any help for the new guy?
Thanks.

Bill Fuller
06-18-2004, 08:17 PM
I personally would stay away from the 426,unless you already have a 416 installed.The reason I say this is it gives you another bore incase somthing happens in the future.I recommend the TC 926(?) XC cam expensive but for me very worth the money.Many people on this site swear by the Hot Cams product but I for one have never used them(search).I would make sure what ever you get is a "drop in" cam so there is no need for hard faced rockers or heavy duty springs.I think the best pipe for the 400 is a Sparks pipe but recently I have been using a HMF system on my YFZ and really like it so it's up to you but do spend the money on a full system to enjoy the benefits of the extra power.I would also suggest a Hinson clutch basket.You can go with a 8 disk after market clutch kit but I had very good luck with the stock set up(cheap and very durable).I would recommend a Ross or JE piston to top off your kit.

Good luck new guy:D
Welcome

Gordons Well
06-19-2004, 10:28 AM
Thanks for the good info on the bore sizes.
A local shop installs White Brothers cams and was wondering if any of you had an opinion of this brand. Heard of the pipes and other race stuff they make but not of a cam.
Thanks.

440EXkid
06-19-2004, 12:06 PM
i like my hot cams camshaft but thats just cuz its wut i have

R3Concepts
06-20-2004, 05:52 AM
I just wanted to say that Gordons Well is the best place to go to the dunes, too bad everyone and their Mom is starting to go there because all the Glamis rules.

Gordons Well
06-20-2004, 09:23 AM
Shhhhhhhhhhhh. Don't tell anyone about it.
:D
Hope this 426 kit and the White Brothers cam will get me up Test faster and make a better showing at the drags.

R3Concepts
06-20-2004, 04:21 PM
My 426 runs real good out there. Guys laugh at me when I pull up to there Raptors, and about half way up the hill I look back and watch them and smile back. HAHA you just got waxed by a 426ex. The drags are fun to cause most dont have suspension so they bounce through the whoops all the way down.

Gordons Well
06-20-2004, 05:29 PM
Thats the stuff I like to hear.
Can't wait.
Damm it's going to be a long summer.
:D