PDA

View Full Version : Out Of Ideas

RACER_XXXXXX
06-17-2004, 08:46 PM
I just cant figure it out and i dont want to bring her to the stealership. The jetting is about right for what the setup im running, the spark plug is new. I just cant figure it out. Heres the problem. I start it up and it idles great. When i start to drive it around the yard and i punch it to like ride a wheelie, the front end comes up and then pop, pop, etc and it almost dies. It also does it when im just driving along and shift up into 2nd and go it does the same thing. Please help!!!!!

Syrus
06-17-2004, 09:04 PM
Hmm.. either getting to much fuel or to much air, thats my guess.

JAYSBAD#$%300EX
06-17-2004, 10:22 PM
my cusins 400ex does that every time he tries to ride a wheelie and goes back to far on the grab bar (subframe) he's just learning how ,but after he tips it back on all fours it has a real hard time starting its like the carb gets flooded out or to much build up,,its got an aftermarket flat side carb on it, cam, pipe ,not sure what it is but if you here something let me know...............

partyboy300ex
06-17-2004, 10:34 PM
i had a friend whos blaster did that and he found out it was a bad clutch u might wanna check that..

Stevie-D
06-18-2004, 08:34 AM
sounds like your not getting enough gas. try cleaning out your carb

RACER_XXXXXX
06-18-2004, 09:52 PM
i cleaned them out and they it still acted the same. Does the octane i run matter. Will it cause it to do this?

cheetah
06-18-2004, 09:55 PM
My friends Z did that turned out to be I had airbox lid on and he had it jetted without so maybe its not getting enough air.