PDA

View Full Version : update us pappy

Berry
06-17-2004, 08:05 PM
hey pappy, i remeber a post while back about you starting your photo buisness, so you mind telling us how your doing?

Pappy
06-17-2004, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Berry
hey pappy, i remeber a post while back about you starting your photo buisness, so you mind telling us how your doing?

i havent had much time to devote to getting everything done:( got just about everything except the new printer, new lap top and flat screen tv for the side of the trailer...but im getting there:devil:

partyboy300ex
06-17-2004, 08:17 PM
did u take that picture pappy..if so thats really good keep it up:) :macho

Tommy 17
06-17-2004, 08:22 PM
when u hang around with pappy u will relize one thing...

HE NEVER AND I REPEAT NEVER misses the good pictures... its like he has esp on where to stand be lookin to get the pictures...

that and hes a freakin nut... he'll be literally a foot away from peoples face takin pictures... jumpin out from behind trees at them... sometimes the riders like swerve out the way to miss him... you have no clue what he does to get the good pictures at GNCCs...

Pappy
06-17-2004, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by partyboy300ex
did u take that picture pappy..if so thats really good keep it up:) :macho

yup, thats brandon ballance on the last lap at the steel creek gncc

Pappy
06-17-2004, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Tommy 17

that and hes a freakin nut... he'll be literally a foot away from peoples face takin pictures... jumpin out from behind trees at them... sometimes the riders like swerve out the way to miss him... you have no clue what he does to get the good pictures at GNCCs...

me:confused: never:o

like in this pic...brandon didnt turn his wheels just for me:D

Pappy
06-17-2004, 08:32 PM
and traci is a pro:o she can dodge me with the best of them:macho

cool 300ex
06-17-2004, 08:33 PM
i havent had much time to devote to getting everything done got just about everything except the new printer, new lap top and flat screen tv for the side of the trailer...but im getting there

Is it just me or do them tires look relly big in that pic. Nice pics man! What kind of camera do you use?

Pappy
06-17-2004, 08:35 PM
ok:rolleyes: this guy hit my foot:blah:

Pappy
06-17-2004, 08:41 PM
closest call so far was this rider at a local. he lost it on this uphill turn. (its never a good sign when the wheels are pointing at you and they are off the ground:p ) i put my hand up to grab the wheel but couldnt grasp it:(

Pappy
06-17-2004, 08:43 PM
he rolled it..so i took his pic. i was pissed off i didnt get the pics of the quad rolling:grr:

Pappy
06-17-2004, 08:45 PM
The pic of brandon and this pic are 2 of my favorites

TheFontMaster
06-17-2004, 08:50 PM
WOW awsome pic pappy. :macho

JOEX
06-17-2004, 11:02 PM
What is the delay like with the better cameras?

There is the delay from when the button is pressed and there is the delay between shots. The first can be adjusted for but not the second.

Do you use the burst mode, I think that's what it's called, when three shots are taken rapidly. I think my camera has that but I haven't tried it yet. Does it work well?

DillonTMNT
06-18-2004, 12:03 AM
I am pretty sure he used a D100 made by Nikon. With the Digital SLR cameras there is little to none (and I mean zero) delay between shots. He prolly has his custom shutter speed (and other things) settings and whatnot on his camera set up for the fast pace movements on the atvs. I would think he sets the shutter speed super fast to capture the dirt without too much motion (blur). I wish I had a DSLR....sucks to have to get stuff developed (since I cant do my own as I dont have a dark room). I need a slide scanner....I am sure Pappy can feel me on that .. :)

-Dillon

Punk'd
06-18-2004, 02:01 AM
Pappy get one of me and ill sign it for ya:devil: it will be worth money someday:blah:

Pappy
06-18-2004, 06:44 AM
JOEX i use so many different settings to get different effects it aint funny:p i normally only take 1 picture at a time, but your correct, i keep the camera on "burst" mode so if action strats happening i can rattle off 8 to 12 pics real fast.

Pappy
06-18-2004, 06:45 AM
and i use continous focus alot so i can keep up with the action

Pappy
06-18-2004, 06:47 AM
and yes, currently i shoot a Nikon D100 digital slr with an assortment of lenses.