PDA

View Full Version : 450R feedback

CdaleXtreme
06-17-2004, 12:21 PM
I will be getting my 450R next week. I need to get some feedback from Yall. I race 4-stroke A at the nationals and I need this to be the best setup possible. Im coming off of a Cannondale that has full Leager Pro-Trax PEP setup....I am thinking Walsh AXIS....Did you guys see the Walsh "savior" rear end. To fix the 450R horrible linkage?

Does anyone have Long travel Axis setup?

Anyone here use Walsh's Stuff on the 450R?

Whats the best way to get power out of the motor? Pipe, Filter are givens. ...I mean Cams, Carbs, etc???

Throw me some feedback on what you guys run. as far as Long travel setups..and suspension....

Attached is a Pic of my Walsh-Protrax dale if any of Yall are interested. Comes with a huge box of spare parts + Spare motor!!! It has a black quad tech hood with billet grill now.

Anyhow ..any feedback on my new honda would be appreciated.

:eek2: http://www.cernicsracing.com/images/04_Dale__4_.jpg

TGW_400ex
06-17-2004, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by CdaleXtreme
I will be getting my 450R next week. I need to get some feedback from Yall. I race 4-stroke A at the nationals and I need this to be the best setup possible. Im coming off of a Cannondale that has full Leager Pro-Trax PEP setup....I am thinking Walsh AXIS....Did you guys see the Walsh "savior" rear end. To fix the 450R horrible linkage?

Does anyone have Long travel Axis setup?

Anyone here use Walsh's Stuff on the 450R?

Whats the best way to get power out of the motor? Pipe, Filter are givens. ...I mean Cams, Carbs, etc???

Throw me some feedback on what you guys run. as far as Long travel setups..and suspension....

Attached is a Pic of my Walsh-Protrax dale if any of Yall are interested. Comes with a huge box of spare parts + Spare motor!!! It has a black quad tech hood with billet grill now.

Anyhow ..any feedback on my new honda would be appreciated.

:eek2: http://www.cernicsracing.com/images/04_Dale__4_.jpg

whats wrong w/ your cannondale?:huh :eek2:

lukester720
06-17-2004, 12:33 PM
I have the fcr 40mm and the sparks pipe,air filter, jet kit and agressive cam and its running really well. I will have to get started on the suspension soon.:o

CdaleXtreme
06-17-2004, 12:38 PM
Ive just had enough with the dale no factory support. No Contingency, I have kicked Many a YFZ and TRX butt on that thing but I just need to get back on a production bike. But that dale is Setup and I do love it........

How much did the FCR carb Cost? I know they are $$$$$......

Where do you reccomend getting Cams??

TRX450R2
06-17-2004, 12:49 PM
The HRC race kit adds a few ponies!:)

quadjeff
06-17-2004, 01:25 PM
I have 18.50 Custom Axis fully adjustable fronts and rear on my 450. Try www.holzracingproducts.com. His stuff is solid, and his rear linkage is in stock and track tested unlike Walsh new Savior. He is a custom axis dealer and has package prices on all his suspension. My bike is on the front page of www.quadsonly.com if you want to see his suspension. Good luck.

quadjeff
06-17-2004, 01:34 PM
A little more info on Holz racing products. Joe Byrd is running his rear suspension set-up and really is liking it. I am sure he will be running his front end in the near future. Joe has been with Walsh for a long time.. Times of change..

Sportrax10
06-17-2004, 02:02 PM
I would look into Curtis Sparks, www.sparksracing.com and Baldwin Motorsports, http://www.baldwinmotorsports.com/ .

Oh yea, I see you live in PA, you should look into East Coast ATV also... www.eastcoastatv.com

The Walsh/Axis setup sounds good...