PDA

View Full Version : Saddam??

Punk'd
06-17-2004, 02:51 AM
WTF I just heard on the news they are going to be giveing him back to Iraq wtf is this about he should be killed!!??!:confused:

kamikaze_rzrbak
06-17-2004, 03:04 AM
you must be freaking kidding me, can you get a link or something that would give us the details

Punk'd
06-17-2004, 03:15 AM
Sorry no link it was on tv. I heard the United States isnt going to be ready to hand over saddam untill july or sumthing like that and I chouldnt believe my ears! This better not be Bush makeing this decision!:mad: Makes me want to go up there and kill him myself! I think they said they want Iraq to run there own government those idiots will just let saddam go and he will kill again and im sure the target will be us!:grr: :mad:

zephead400ex
06-17-2004, 08:55 AM
It is not Bush's call. The US does not want to give him up yet. The Red Cross is wanting us to turn him over to the Iraqi Gov't once it is setup. After that he will/should be tried for war crimes. He isn't giving up much information anyway, but what does he have to lose? Maybe if he somehow lost a finger or a couple toes, he might remember something.

YFZ450Ridr
06-17-2004, 11:37 AM
Heres what i found on my SBC home page.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040616/ap_on_go_pr_wh/bush

derekhonda
06-17-2004, 12:12 PM
Basically what it is, is once iraq sets up their government, they also need to set up their justice system, and guess who is going to be court case number 1? Saddam will be, and the united states government and media will make it out to be some elaborate thing to help keep iraq moving in the direction we want (and hope) they do.

Punk'd
06-17-2004, 02:19 PM
I still think its not right for us to be over there helping people that are killing our soldiers. I still think Saddam should stay in the US locked up forever.

06-17-2004, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Punk'd
I still think its not right for us to be over there helping people that are killing our soldiers. I still think Saddam should stay in the US locked up forever. & then we can all have ice cream in this perfect little world because everything is so simple to 14 year olds :rolleyes:

wilkin250r
06-17-2004, 02:55 PM
I think handing him over to Iraq is a great idea. Under our care, he has three square meals a day, cable TV, and a dental plan. Over there, he's lucky to be fed at all. And like Zephead said, over there he's much more likely to loose a few fingernails, perhaps the whole fingers. A few toes...

And personally, I'd like to see the US stay out of the Saddam trial. If we are standing over their shoulder, they will feel pressured to be "nice" and politically correct.

zephead400ex
06-17-2004, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Punk'd
I still think its not right for us to be over there helping people that are killing our soldiers. I still think Saddam should stay in the US locked up forever.

Absolutely cannot happen. We have no right to keep him in our custody. He is a considered a POW which means the Red Cross has to have access to him and must be treated humanely. <- Not the way I would handle it but it is not my call. I know Pappy along with many othere would agree with me.

After the gov't in Iraq is setup (and not yet blown up), we have to hand over Saddam under International Law.

You will find that as you get older and understand more about "law" you will not be ignorant as to what your views are. There is a huge difference between what we 'want' to do and what 'has' to happen.

I am not flaming you. I just want you to understand what is actually happening in our f*cked up world.

later

Syrus
06-17-2004, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
I think handing him over to Iraq is a great idea. Here, he has three square meals a day, cable TV, and a dental plan. Over there, he's lucky to be fed at all. And like Zephead said, over there he's much more likely to loose a few fingernails, perhaps the whole fingers. A few toes...

And personally, I'd like to see the US stay out of the Saddam trial. If we are standing over their shoulder, they will feel pressured to be "nice" and politically correct.

Are u joking ? over there he is treated like king, they will give there own life to save his... once he gets back there it will just be trouble.

I agree on him loosing a few limbs to talk tho.. heh.

zephead400ex
06-17-2004, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Syrus
Are u joking ? over there he is treated like king, they will give there own life to save his... once he gets back there it will just be trouble.

I agree on him loosing a few limbs to talk tho.. heh.

That is the whole point of setting up the Iraqi gov't and a Justice system. We, the US, are trying to implement a system 'like' ours. You are tried in court and convicted. How well this will work is another question.

The people of Iraq do not want Saddam in power, they still fear him. The people you hear about from the US media, are the radicals who are loyal to Saddam and the Bathe party. The 'normal' Iraqi's do not want Saddam, they want peace and prosperity.

wilkin250r
06-17-2004, 05:14 PM

He is treated like a king by a select few groups loyal to him. The majority of the population is NOT loyal to him. And those that ARE loyal to him are no longer in power.

Syrus
06-17-2004, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
He is treated like a king by a select few groups loyal to him. The majority of the population is NOT loyal to him. And those that ARE loyal to him are no longer in power.

Exactly, once hes released, those "select few" that treat him like king will have him in custody foresure, just let the USA hand him back and they will learn from there mistakes... Some ppl think its sad to keep him in the USA, and want him back with his friends and family in Afgan. Have u ever heard the quote " 1 death is a horrible tragidy, but a million is a just a number" ? You ppl think its a crime to keep him from his homeland, but have u thought about all the people he has killed over his life without one care what-so-ever ? He does not deserve death, he deserves torchure till he dies of old age. Just my 2 cents.

-Syrus

sly400ex
06-17-2004, 05:30 PM
Exactly, once hes released, those "select few" that treat him like king will have him in custody foresure, just let the USA hand him back and they will learn from there mistakes... Some ppl think its sad to keep him in the USA, and want him back with his friends and family in Afgan. Have u ever heard the quote " 1 death is a horrible tragidy, but a million is a just a number" ? You ppl think its a crime to keep him from his homeland, but have u thought about all the people he has killed over his life without one care what-so-ever ? He does not deserve death, he deserves torchure till he dies of old age. Just my 2 cents.

-Syrus

Not flaming, but what you're saying is NOT making sense, nor true....