PDA

View Full Version : Sweet Lug Nuts

310Rduner
06-16-2004, 11:47 PM
I don't care if this should be in the body forum, these lug nuts rock so hard, at such an awesome price everyone should see them. I hate rusted lug nuts, it looks horrible on shiney rims, but the stock ones are too damned expensive at $70 for a set.

Oila, I have found billet lug nuts, for $2.50 each, $30 for all 16. They are the same sized face as the stockers, so you can still use a 17mm lug wrench. :D

http://www.razorbackdesigns.com/lug%20nut.htm

JOEX
06-16-2004, 11:56 PM
Stock nuts are $2.80 for five at Sevice Honda + S/H:confused:

JOEX
06-17-2004, 12:00 AM
Also, those billit ones don't have the beveled edge to fit the stock rims.

310Rduner
06-17-2004, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by JOEX
Also, those billit ones don't have the beveled edge to fit the stock rims.

Who wants to run stock rims anyways :o

I guess the ones on ebay are just so expensive cause there chromed.. But, irregardless, those are some sweet lug nuts.

*Mumbles something about joe pointing out my ignorance of nuts*

:huh

:)

JOEX
06-17-2004, 12:07 AM
Stock rims are are better than the standard ITP/Douglas rims;)

Yes, I know my nuts:p :D

310Rduner
06-17-2004, 12:12 AM
Stock rims are are better than the standard ITP/Douglas rims;)

Yes, I know my nuts:p :D

Well.. the rolled lip is nice, but the stock rims don't polish AT ALL. I hate that coating on the tires :( You can always get douglas rolled lips and its the same deal, but with a shiney tire.

Sides, if my nuts didn't have a bevel I wouldn't have to worry about forgetting one day while changing tires, and mash the rim on the spline... not that I ever did that before :( :o

JOEX
06-17-2004, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by 310Rduner
Well.. the rolled lip is nice, but the stock rims don't polish AT ALL. I hate that coating on the tires :( You can always get douglas rolled lips and its the same deal, but with a shiney tire.

Sides, if my nuts didn't have a bevel I wouldn't have to worry about forgetting one day while changing tires, and mash the rim on the spline... not that I ever did that before :( :o
Looks and shiny chit aren't that important to me, function over form;) :) I don't polish my tires either :p

You can find good, used stock RIMS for much less than Douglas Ultimates;)

310Rduner
06-17-2004, 12:33 AM
Looks and shiny chit aren't that important to me, function over form;) :) I don't polish my tires either :p

You can find good, used stock RIMS for much less than Douglas Ultimates;)

I like function too. But what you said about shiney... I can't forgive you for that one :D I HATE polishing the aluminum.. I'm going to just chrome everything from now on. Like my nerfs.. I am definately chroming them, and my right engine cover. (Left is already chromed)

Ralph
06-17-2004, 02:20 PM
stock rims are not as strong as you may think, my friend has litteraly folded 2 rims into tacos. the rolled edge will prevent dings and dongs but they will still fold...

Doibugu2
06-17-2004, 03:00 PM
what is the size and pitch?

310Rduner
06-17-2004, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Doibugu2
what is the size and pitch?

I would assume they have it in honda pitch, I don't even know if yamaha or suzuki use a different pitch? It's on a quad site... so I'd imagine they'd have it for hondas.

HondaMan222
06-17-2004, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by 310Rduner
I hate rusted lug nuts, it looks horrible on shiney rims

simple answer...wash your bike when your done riding.....

310Rduner
06-17-2004, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by HondaMan222
simple answer...wash your bike when your done riding.....

Don't make assumptions about my cleaning habbits. Have you noticed, that I happen to own an 18year old bike? Probably one, based on fact that I'm 17, I couldn't possibly have bought new?? Trust me, I wash my bike EVERY ride, I change my oil EVERY ride, I wd-40 every inch of metal on my bike, before and after every ride. I usually happen to polish my bike after every ride.

So your advice is only good for those who bought their bikes brand new, and couldn't control the small inconveniences of maintenance the owner before them practiced.