PDA

View Full Version : Roll Call: High Point GNC Nationals June 20th

RIDER11X
06-16-2004, 10:47 PM
I am thinking about going on Sunday to see the Pro Races. Anyone else going?

LTandRaptorider
06-16-2004, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by RIDER11X
I am thinking about going on Sunday to see the Pro Races. Anyone else going?

bock bock what? I won't have the LT done in time... :rolleyes:

gimp419
06-17-2004, 05:37 AM
I'll be there, High Point is one of my Favorite tracks. If you come on Sunday be sure to get there early and watch all the AM races, some of the best races of the day are in the AM classes!

465Stroker
06-17-2004, 06:19 AM
Well be there! Traci is racing her first MX race this weekend! :macho

06-17-2004, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by 465Stroker

Good luck Rick.

I"m sure she'll do pretty good..:cool:

Pappy
06-17-2004, 07:56 AM

go get'm traci!

redroost85
06-17-2004, 08:31 AM
Some of my buds are going down...wish I were too!:(

Instead I am taking the old man to the Nascar race in Michigan for Father's day instead. Gotta keep the peace with the man, ya know?!;)

LTandRaptorider
06-17-2004, 09:03 AM

Well marc, we have to go now! Have camera, will travel. ;)

Good luck, Traci! :)

quadchick3
06-17-2004, 09:36 AM
i'll be there, not sure if i can race or not yet (dislocated shoulder from casey a few weeks ago) but im gonna go out for practice and if everyone goes good, ill race.

Womens B/C #3 Red 426ex.

Is traci plannin on racing womens A or B/C?

RIDER11X
06-17-2004, 10:07 AM
What class is she racing, we'll be rootin' for her....Good luck Traci!:cool:

465Stroker
06-17-2004, 10:37 AM
Traci will be racing Women's A. Though it is her first MX race ever (locally or national) Traci races A classes at our local Harescrambles series, plus the 6 & 12 hours race she races A also - we were told that it would be better if we stick with Women's A to stay away from any conflict.

None the less we are excited to just be attending our first GNC!

Only downside is that I do not have an MX quad.....:(

RIDER11X
06-17-2004, 11:24 PM
:cuss: I heard from a person that attends the Pro Bike races there, that the launch jump for the big step up jump that everyone loves to see, was leveled this year.......Ending the Big Air attraction of High Point!!!!!:mad:

Can anyone verify if this is true? If so, High Point will lose attendance next year once eveyone sees the change.:(

LTandRaptorider
06-18-2004, 10:10 PM
:cuss: I heard from a person that attends the Pro Bike races there, that the launch jump for the big step up jump that everyone loves to see, was leveled this year.......Ending the Big Air attraction of High Point!!!!!:mad:

Can anyone verify if this is true? If so, High Point will lose attendance next year once eveyone sees the change.:(

Well, if they don't have the 60ft uphill double, I'm not loading up the LT and wasting my time! :grr: :p

RIDER11X
06-18-2004, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
Well, if they don't have the 60ft uphill double, I'm not loading up the LT and wasting my time! :grr: :p

Yea, why load all of those crates full of parts for that?:p

I'm going anyway........got to see what big bore YFZ's and 450R's can do.

ILGNCC400EX
06-18-2004, 11:09 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by RIDER11X
[B]Yea, why load all of those crates full of parts for that?:p

no im shure it will be done :rolleyes:

LTandRaptorider
06-19-2004, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by ILGNCC400EX
[QUOTE]Originally posted by RIDER11X
[B]Yea, why load all of those crates full of parts for that?:p

no im shure it will be done :rolleyes:

You guys are killing me... I'll have you know all the boxes of LT engine have been emptied, and everything laid out for assembly. Now if I can just remember how everything goes back together... :o and if the neighbor girl would quit laying out in her bikini, it might go quicker... :p

Tommy 17
06-19-2004, 09:28 AM
:o and if the neighbor girl would quit laying out in her bikini, it might go quicker... :p

i was gonna go and watch but i'm goin to pappys instead... btw lt

LTandRaptorider
06-19-2004, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
i was gonna go and watch but i'm goin to pappys instead... btw lt

:D

I'd have to let go of my... crank to take a pic! :eek: :devil:

Tommy 17
06-19-2004, 10:11 AM
:D

I'd have to let go of my... crank to take a pic! :eek: :devil:

way 2 much info

LTandRaptorider
06-19-2004, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
way 2 much info

talkin about the LT crank... geez, what a bunch of pervs!:p

RIDER11X
06-20-2004, 05:51 PM
Well we went to High Point after all, and glad we did. Great racing by alot of very talented racers giving it their all.

Here is Rick and Traci on the gate getting ready for her moto. Nice to see a couple so supportive of each other's racing. :cool:

Michelle Reiser was also on the gate beside Traci.

RIDER11X
06-20-2004, 05:59 PM
Traci made a good showing on the MX track, taking third today in the women's A class!

LTandRaptorider
06-20-2004, 06:13 PM
Nice pics, but that's not the one I've been waiting for! :p

RIDER11X
06-20-2004, 06:36 PM
Traci and Michelle doing a little battle for position.....Good racing!:cool:

RIDER11X
06-20-2004, 06:38 PM
Traci on the step up.

RIDER11X
06-20-2004, 06:42 PM
Nice pics, but that's not the one I've been waiting for! :p

Ok Bart, here is the one you were waiting for......

Bart standing next to his hero.......Doug Gust

Maybe time revise your look there Bart, your lookin' a little dated.:devil:

LTandRaptorider
06-20-2004, 06:44 PM
That's it, you're off my buddy list! :eek: ;)

wonder if my right side is any better? :confused: :o

And yes, Doug is my hero! ;)

RIDER11X
06-20-2004, 06:46 PM
Met up with Harlen there today, he was training for the Wisp as he was running everywhere to get pics. I must say he puts his all into this site! Great meeting you Harlen!

RIDER11X
06-20-2004, 06:51 PM
Legendary motor builder, Tom Carlson, of TC Racing Engines, was in the house, working with his racers.

RIDER11X
06-20-2004, 06:55 PM
Joe Byrd ready to race.

RIDER11X
06-20-2004, 06:57 PM
Jones staging for the gate.

RIDER11X
06-20-2004, 06:59 PM
Local fast guy, Tom Barry was there too.

RIDER11X
06-20-2004, 07:01 PM
Harold Goodman

RIDER11X
06-20-2004, 07:04 PM
OK Bart........I guess you waited long enough.......:rolleyes:

Here is Michelle Reiser with Ltandraptorider.:cool:

RIDER11X
06-20-2004, 07:10 PM
Luburgh leading Wimmer

RIDER11X
06-20-2004, 07:14 PM
Gust nosing in for a landing.

LTandRaptorider
06-20-2004, 07:15 PM
OK Bart........I guess you waited long enough.......:rolleyes:

Here is Michelle Reiser with Ltandraptorider.:cool:

is that a pocket knife in my pocket... or was I happy to see her?:devil:

j/k nice of her to take the time for a pic with me. ;)

RIDER11X
06-20-2004, 07:27 PM
Farr airing it out for the fans!

RIDER11X
06-20-2004, 07:31 PM
Natalie on a mission! Congrats yo him on a job well done!:cool:

RIDER11X
06-20-2004, 07:35 PM
Here is the impact of Keith Little landing on someone......I was a little low:o

RIDER11X
06-20-2004, 07:37 PM
And this is the aftermath.....:eek:

ILGNCC400EX
06-20-2004, 07:49 PM
glad to see you got bart out of the house.:eek2:

RIDER11X
06-20-2004, 07:54 PM
Natalie's most loyal fan........Michelle, cheering for him on his way to victory.:cool:

RIDER11X
06-20-2004, 08:11 PM
Gust on final approach........:eek:

Teufel
06-20-2004, 08:18 PM
Natalie was rock'n today, Gust made sure he didn't let up in the second moto. There was alot of good racing today:eek2:

RIDER11X
06-20-2004, 08:24 PM
Nasty pileup in the air-cooled class.......:eek:

LTandRaptorider
06-20-2004, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by ILGNCC400EX
glad to see you got bart out of the house.:eek2:

This is what I've been hard at work on... The LT engine...

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid122/pf2912dde7a814cf88e7a23d7b5ab073c/f82ffb00.jpg

And tranny...

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid122/p843d49c7004449fdeea8d1e14bff79d8/f82ffb0e.jpg

And adjusting the valves and re-jetting carbs on the Raptor...

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid122/p8819c2cb12985a498c91310cd1d468b0/f82ffb36.jpg

And a couple of these...

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid122/p86ee492c4eb44df89b30bed0044a4e37/f82ffb25.jpg

And a few of those... :p

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid122/p0118e4472f16564b2b07323d7fe95fb2/f82ffb46.jpg

RIDER11X
06-20-2004, 08:36 PM
Natalie and Gust, 1st and 2nd respectively. Great racing!:cool:

RIDER11X
06-20-2004, 08:40 PM
Natalie ran the last 3 laps with a disconnected head pipe, and still somehow managed to hold off Gust to take the win.

RIDER11X
06-20-2004, 08:42 PM
Sudsracer in the hunt!:cool:

jaspurx
06-20-2004, 08:48 PM
How did Jones , Farr do today? Honda has to be a bot disapointed with Farr`s performances so far.
Jones is still the man as far as I am concerned!

RIDER11X
06-20-2004, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by jaspurx
How did Jones , Farr do today? Honda has to be a bot disapointed with Farr`s performances so far.
Not sure where they placed, but here is a pic....

RIDER11X
06-20-2004, 09:56 PM
Now a good pic of Farr soaring across the step up.

06-20-2004, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by jaspurx

Farr must of underestimated the competition this year in the off season.

I can not believe Natalie won with a disconnected head pipe off. Didn't that mess up his jetting? I would think it would have been hard to ride and win if his jetting was off like that.

RIDER11X
06-20-2004, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by Cron
Farr must of underestimated the competition this year in the off season.

I can not believe Natalie won with a disconnected head pipe off. Didn't that mess up his jetting? I would think it would have been hard to ride and win if his jetting was off like that.

A situation like that will cause a lean condition, that can burn a piston and valves quickly, as well as burn a radiator hose or something with the extreme heat and flames expended.......
He really had luck on his side. I would love to see the innards of that motor:eek:

Teufel
06-21-2004, 07:08 AM
Natalie's quad sounded like it was gagging when he accelerated. I wasn't sure if he was going to be able to hold Doug off.

Farr wasn't having a good run, starting with a pile up off the gate in the first moto.

redroost85
06-21-2004, 10:12 AM
11X, these are awesome pics man...thanks for all the fine shots!

BTW, nice back door shot of Michelle, lol!:blah:

If definitely looks like LT is pulling a chub in that shot with Michelle....happy indeed, lmao!:D

450Racer
06-21-2004, 12:29 PM
what an awesome day! i met a bunch of the pros and talked with john natalie about personal training with me, got some pictures too. i met rider11x, harlen, michelle reiser ;), and a few other people. natalie dominated. my heart sank when i heard his bike and saw his lead get eaten by gust. he was right there trying anything he could to get by natalie. he even went for the pass but looked like he missed a shift and natalie pulled away. it was amazing to see natalie beat gust with that. i bet he lost about 5hp. his bike lost most of the back pressure and sounded like a loud harley.

jones was amazingly fast. he came through the first corner of the track way faster than everyone else but he almost rolled it a few times. he got mixed up in the pileup on moto 1 and i think he finished top 10 in the second moto. i bet natalie will win the championship this year if he keeps it up!

06-21-2004, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by 450Racer
what an awesome day! i met a bunch of the pros and talked with john natalie about personal training with me, got some pictures too. i met rider11x, harlen, michelle reiser ;), and a few other people. natalie dominated. my heart sank when i heard his bike and saw his lead get eaten by gust. he was right there trying anything he could to get by natalie. he even went for the pass but looked like he missed a shift and natalie pulled away. it was amazing to see natalie beat gust with that. i bet he lost about 5hp. his bike lost most of the back pressure and sounded like a loud harley.

jones was amazingly fast. he came through the first corner of the track way faster than everyone else but he almost rolled it a few times. he got mixed up in the pileup on moto 1 and i think he finished top 10 in the second moto. i bet natalie will win the championship this year if he keeps it up!

There is only 3 races left and Gust has at least an 80 point lead. Natalie would have to win the next 3 races and hope Gust gets DNFs in all 3 races. I believe Gust has this one in the bag.

Johnny_G
06-21-2004, 05:42 PM
Well we went to High Point after all, and glad we did. Great racing by alot of very talented racers giving it their all.

Here is Rick and Traci on the gate getting ready for her moto. Nice to see a couple so supportive of each other's racing. :cool:

Michelle Reiser was also on the gate beside Traci.

Michelle and Traci had quite a battle in the 2nd moto......also Jamie Rentz (JJ's Fiance)who is lined up on the other side of Traci rode well, and finished 4th in the second moto.

Man it was cool to get back to a GNC, I havn't been to one since i last raced them, which was early 2001. After this weekend I got the itch real bad, and I think I am gonna try to hit one B4 the season is up. The GNCC season isn't going really spectacular so i have nothing to loose.

Also in that picture you took you can see John Natalie, and Jeremia standing next to their respective girl freinds, and just out of frame Joe Byrd and Doug gust are lending a hand to their ladies.....its funny the womens class also features half of the pro's down at the line!!!!!!!!!!!

06-21-2004, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by Johnny_G
I think I am gonna try to hit one B4 the season is up. The GNCC season isn't going really spectacular so i have nothing to loose.

which one we goin to Johnny..:confused:

USAMoto00
06-21-2004, 06:47 PM
My fiancee raced in the B/C class and was really nervous. She actually calmed down a little when Traci(Cecco- which is super nice- and HOT) came over and introduced herself and said how nervous SHE was. So Michelle eased a little because if the A riders are nervous - she is in the same boat so to speak. Well, she was okay until Gust was with Cindi Hart on the line- talk about butterflies! But she did really well, and didn't stall on the line like she was afraid of doing. lol We were the big group of Cannondales racing with the Bling Star bumpers. Michelle Suciu ended up taking 2nd overall in Women's B/C in her first National. I took a 10th overall in Prod. C. Not bad considering some of those guys were jumping EVERYTHING. I wish I would have known that Rick was there, I really would have liked to meet him. If Traci happens to read this, thanks for talking to Michelle, it helped! I would also like to say that Tim Farr, Jason Luburgh, and Mike Walsh are super nice guys and willing to take time out for fans. Walsh even helped me set up my front end!

TLC
06-21-2004, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by USAMoto00
My fiancee raced in the B/C class and was really nervous. She actually calmed down a little when Traci(Cecco- which is super nice- and HOT) came over and introduced herself and said how nervous SHE was. So Michelle eased a little because if the A riders are nervous - she is in the same boat so to speak. Well, she was okay until Gust was with Cindi Hart on the line- talk about butterflies! But she did really well, and didn't stall on the line like she was afraid of doing. lol We were the big group of Cannondales racing with the Bling Star bumpers. Michelle Suciu ended up taking 2nd overall in Women's B/C in her first National. I took a 10th overall in Prod. C. Not bad considering some of those guys were jumping EVERYTHING. I wish I would have known that Rick was there, I really would have liked to meet him. If Traci happens to read this, thanks for talking to Michelle, it helped! I would also like to say that Tim Farr, Jason Luburgh, and Mike Walsh are super nice guys and willing to take time out for fans. Walsh even helped me set up my front end!

Congrats Michelle on your great finish. It was very nice to have met both of you. I had a blast this past weekend except for the arm pump lol.

team_450_88
06-21-2004, 07:23 PM
Jonhny and Rico --- Loretta Lynns GNC !! Thats where yall need to go !!:D

TLC
06-21-2004, 07:57 PM
Racing the GNC was a great experience for me. I got to meet alot of great people in the GNC world and some EXRider.com members. Angela Moore showed me around and guided me thru the 3 days. She is an awesome rider and a great friend who I am very lucky to have. I placed 3rd on Sat. and 5th on Sun. = 4th overall for the weekend. Racing a GNC has always been a goal of mine and I thank my husband for making it happen and for building another awesome quad!! Also a big thanks to Jay Gobel(Maxxis) and Rob Vegter(Team Alba) for all there help this past weekend.

One more thing, the famous Johnny C was even there cheering me on. Thanks Johnny for the great advice!

LTandRaptorider
06-21-2004, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by TLC
and some EXRider.com members.

That was me trying to figure out how to use rider11x's camera! Nice meeting you, good job on the track! ;)

USAMoto00
06-21-2004, 10:35 PM
Awesome riding Traci! I'll tell you the same thing I told Michelle - "Next time you have the Holeshot, don't let off!" lol You two were so nervous and you did so well. Congrats and hope to see you out at the track again. Tell Angela she's still #1. I felt so bad for her that first moto.

RIDER11X
06-21-2004, 11:25 PM
I must say, the thing that keeps me wanting to go to these races is the great people that are there. I have met many of the Pros that are great people......I have yet to meet one with a chip on their shoulder. I see them taking time out for the kids, and that is so very important also, as it is so easy for kids to follow the wrong role models these days.
I also meet so many members of EXRiders at these events......I met Traci for the second time, who is a very nice person to talk with, and is such a good rider. I am still waiting to meet Rick, but only saw him twice all day, riding by on a pit bike with Traci on the back with some shocks, and on the gate before Traci's moto. Maybe I'll get to meet him at the Wisp. I also met 450Racer there and spoke with him for a while. And Harlen found me, probably due to the EXRiders shirt on my back. He is also a very friendly guy. We spoke with him a few minutes and saw him doing laps around the track on foot with a camera all day. Nice meeting all of you, it was a pleasure.

PS. Harlen, don't mind LtandRaptorider, we don't understand his humor either!:rolleyes: ( LtandRaptorider - The guy that waved you down the hill, to take a picture of his butt in the middle of the pro race.):rolleyes: :eek2: :devil:

Admin
06-22-2004, 12:16 PM
PS. Harlen, don't mind LtandRaptorider, we don't understand his humor either!:rolleyes: ( LtandRaptorider - The guy that waved you down the hill, to take a picture of his butt in the middle of the pro race.):rolleyes: :eek2: :devil:

He definitely caught me off quard because I couldn't understand what he was asking me to do, then I saw the "light." At that point, I was getting out of dodge and back to covering the racing action.

I think he must have been out in the sun too long:eek:

jaspurx
06-22-2004, 04:06 PM
Perhaps it was the lack of 2-stroke fumes in the air; seeing all those race-quads , and no fumes sent him into withdrawal.....lol

He`s just our " special friend" , but there are few I would rather go on a ( quad) ride with!

450Racer
05-29-2005, 04:09 PM
i'll be there running Production C and 4 Stroke C on a Silver/Red Nac's Racing 450R, #17.

roostin_dale
05-29-2005, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by 450Racer
i'll be there running Production C and 4 Stroke C on a Silver/Red Nac's Racing 450R, #17.

your going back to 2004 to race?

*check the dates on the post dude...