PDA

View Full Version : Stuck in Reverse?

ExDevil250
06-16-2004, 09:54 PM
There seems to be a serious problem with my 300ex and I hope that one of the many geniuses of this website has an answer.

I was riding through the woods one day on my 300ex with a friend when suddenly I realized that I went the wrong way and had to reverse. I'm new to a clutch (I'm just a teen) and the machine cut out on me while reversing. Unfortunately when I went to push the start button after clicking out of reverse, nothing happened. The engine wouldn't even try to turn over.

So after several attempts to start the machine, I decided to have my friend pull me home. On the way I decided to give compression starting a try. Every time I threw out the clutch, the engine would try to turn over, but pushing the throttle wouldn't assist the engine. So basically, I couldn't get the machine running even using compression start.

What I would like to know is what should I do? :huh My father and I took an ohmeter to certain electrical components and there is continuaty (power circulating) everywhere except the reverse indicator. Is my machine stuck in reverse? This is one of my main concerns because the start button is acting like the 300 is still in reverse. By the way, I already stuck a screw driver from the battery to the "syllenoid" (not sure how it's spelled). This helped the battery turn over, but the machine still doesn't run.

Please help... What should I do? Is there a way to make sure my ATV is not in reverse. I would like to be back on my 300ex soon, so I'm open for any suggestions.

Proud Exriders Member-
socrdevil247

m250r
06-17-2004, 11:49 AM
i dont know if u said this already but you can check the light on the headlight if u still have it on your quad.

zephead400ex
06-17-2004, 01:05 PM
Can you push it? If you pull the clutch in, will it start?

Cody_300ex
06-18-2004, 09:14 AM
did you blow a fuse? check that