PDA

View Full Version : Water Riding

Gatorman199
06-16-2004, 08:07 PM
I took my 300ex up to the river today and i was ridin around. NOT MUD BOGGIN this river has a SOLID bottom so it wasnt spinning and bogging i was just driving around. It was over my oil cap thing that you screw off to put oil in, after i was done i checked and no water seemed to get in the oil. I also checked when i got home too(10 min later) Should I change the oil? and is there any way i can make the seal around the oil dip stick any better just to make sure no water gets in cuz that would really suck.

TheFontMaster
06-16-2004, 08:12 PM
Dude your woryiing too much about the oil cap. IOt will be fine, have you had problems with it before?

Gatorman199
06-16-2004, 08:45 PM
Well it being a 300ex with ZERO ground clearance i usually dont mud bog and no i have only ridin in water that deep ONCE. So I do wanna screw it over. I mean i HAVNT been there and done that and I just want to make sure my baby isnt gunna end up gettin screwed over.

TheFontMaster
06-16-2004, 09:27 PM
I gone through water past the oil cap a few times too, and I havent had problems. Remember the cap is meant to keep oil in and water out. you'll be fine.

Gatorman199
06-16-2004, 10:15 PM
Yeah...but remember this is a sport quad.... and really no qaud is designed to be submerged it is !DESIGNED! to keep oil in lol. I prolly am worryin too much but id rather worry my ***** off and have to stand up to ride then have a broke quad and an ***** lol

Gatorman199
06-16-2004, 10:18 PM
O yeah i aint hatin or nuthin but i disagree with ur quote in ur sig. Id rather die praying personally...thats why go created us...to serve and praise him.....just my thoughts aint dissin any body or pushing my beliefs :o

Gatorman199
06-17-2004, 09:29 AM
I have found an o ring laying around the house. Will it work? It fits PERFECT. I am just worried about it melting....will it?

TGW_400ex
06-17-2004, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Gatorman199
I have found an o ring laying around the house. Will it work? It fits PERFECT. I am just worried about it melting....will it?

dude IT ALRIGHT water above your oil cap is NO BIG DEAL

PHAT400
06-19-2004, 01:42 PM
O yeah i aint hatin or nuthin but i disagree with ur quote in ur sig. Id rather die praying personally...thats why go created us...to serve and praise him.....just my thoughts aint dissin any body or pushing my beliefs :o

That's a bit hypocritical considering this info listed in your profile...

Location Your GF's house, dorm, car(WITH HER)
Interests Your GF
Occupation With you GF

Do you think G O D would condone this?

yeah i aint hatin or nuthin

:macho

In case you are not sure what a hypocrite is..

a person who professes beliefs and opinions that they do not hold [syn: dissembler, phony, phoney]

Gatorman199
06-21-2004, 08:12 AM
Yeah very good point. I will not try to argue you have me there.....

rollie
07-04-2004, 09:50 PM
Yeah...but remember this is a sport quad.... and really no qaud is designed to be submerged it is !

ahh going into water just above your oil cap isnt really submerging it but ive been thru some pretty deep stuff and havent had any problems....just my .02:)

K2Snow
07-05-2004, 09:05 PM
Yeah...but remember this is a sport quad.... and really no qaud is designed to be submerged it is !DESIGNED! to keep oil in lol. I prolly am worryin too much but id rather worry my ***** off and have to stand up to ride then have a broke quad and an ***** lol

Then why did you "submerge" it in the first place?