View Full Version : elka link or new swingarm? z400

cady#1
06-16-2004, 05:30 PM
Just wondering which one i will feel more of a improvment from for the Z400? I race harescrambles and the rear end is the biggest problem for going fast.

Dave400ex
06-16-2004, 08:51 PM
Houser has a LT Swingarm kit. I think something like their kit and the Elka linkage would be about the same deal. Either way you will be happy with the improvement over stock.

Sc0
06-16-2004, 10:14 PM
How would a RPM extended swingarm with Elka linkage compare to the LT Houser setup? The Houser LT setup uses it's own special linkage as well...

cady#1
06-17-2004, 02:50 PM
This is my problem, i only have the money for a swingarm and not the new shock only a rebuild. so to the ex's and z's what would feel smoother over the rough stuff? A +1.25 swingarm with Derisi racing rebuild or elka shock W/link on stock swingarm? Thanks

Rootar
06-17-2004, 07:42 PM
id prolly go withthe new shock and link but thats jsut me

TC426EX
06-17-2004, 08:51 PM
I say get a new swingarm man and get the rear shock redone. The Z400 swingarm is an abortion and the chain adjust mechanism is just retarded like it always has been on suzukis. Any aftermarket swingarm you get will have a roundhouse bearing carrier setup and youll be on easy street with that, plus the extended swingarm will make it handle better. The Z needs an extended swingarm. You will compromise a LITTLE tight turning ability but nothing youre really gonna notice and nothing that wont be totally overshadowed by the extra stability youre gonna have with it. I definitely say get the swingarm.

06-18-2004, 07:00 AM
A new swinger is not gonna even come close to what the LT elka setup is gonna do for you. You can take that to the bank. :D

I've had rebuilt rear shocks, aftermarket swingarms, etc, etc, and nothing has come close to what the Linkage and rear elka shock did..:cool: