PDA

View Full Version : Roll call for timberline race 6-19

warrior369
06-16-2004, 12:27 PM
Who all is racing this saturday at timberline. I talked to Paul and he said there are over 200 quads and bikes Pre-Registered.

BSTURDIVANT
06-16-2004, 03:25 PM
Me and Brandon are going to be there, I know Barry Hawk and Jason Raines will be there on there bikes.

03GNCC270
06-16-2004, 03:37 PM
GNCC News
Parts Unlimited/Moose/Maxxis/Yamaha/Wiseco/Klotz/FMF/Dunlop/ITP
ATVA Grand National Cross Country Series

Barry Hawk Update

Defending GNCC Champion Barry Hawk had a tough go of it at the Patriot GNCC in Virginia over the weekend. Hawk crashed while battling for the lead with his Am Pro Yamaha teammate Jason Raines, and he hit his head hard. It was determined that Hawk had actually broken bones in his face in the crash.

Barry broke a triangular section of bones on the left side of his face, including cracks above his upper lip, below the corner of his eye socket and up to his temple. Now he has to decide if he will opt for surgery and plates, or to just let the bones heal on their own. Either way the champ is looking at a six-week recovery period, which should knock him out of contention for this year's GNCC title.

"I guess things could have been worse," said Hawk in a phone call today. "Whenever a head injury is involved you have to start thinking of other things than just how it effects riding a motorcycle and racing. I don't even remember what happened, but they tell me when I got up that I just kept asking where my daughter, Ireland, was."

Barry will decide on surgery today, but he will definitely be back to root on his fellow racers at the Wisp GNCC next weekend. "All of the pro riders have called me this week to check up on me," said Hawk. "I guess a bunch of them stopped and asked if I was okay when they went by me too. I really appreciate it."

warrior369
06-18-2004, 01:35 PM
See you guys on the starting line....