PDA

View Full Version : stickers on tank

matt76
06-16-2004, 11:25 AM
Anybody have any luck putting stickers on the gas tank. I race and run 110 oct. Seems like my stickers are good for a couple of days then the sticker begins to bubble up like the gas fumes are slowly coming through the plastic tank. I'm sure if mine is doing it others are just wondered if anybody has had any luck with something else. Woody stickers are beginning to get expensive buying them all the time.

Silverfox@C&DRacing
06-16-2004, 11:50 AM
the only graphics/ stickers that will last on the tank are ones with preforations SP?, like the dirtbike graphics.

matt76
06-16-2004, 11:52 AM
Has anyone tried taking a hole punch or something and making preferations in stickers so that they can breath??

r450rr
06-16-2004, 11:52 AM
yea i got the new versions of the k and k graphics they got little slits in the vinlyn about this big ------ , i am not sure if the older versions have these or not for the ones thats on the gas tank.. it still bubbles up but when u run ur finger over them, the air comes out those little slits

Syrus
06-16-2004, 03:07 PM
Its not the octane of the gas that is making your stickers bubble. Your plastic gas tank expands and contracts as it gets hot or the sun gets to it, keep it outa the sun and you'll be fine, i had the same problem, and stickers arnt cheap either.

the Z Man
06-16-2004, 04:57 PM
I have the One Industries, it has holes all through it, I constantly have to squeeze bubbles out but they do come right out, It looks trick, if anyone can post pics let me know and I will send one to them, The Z rides again!!!!!! :grr:

sparky450AR
06-16-2004, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Syrus
Its not the octane of the gas that is making your stickers bubble. Your plastic gas tank expands and contracts as it gets hot or the sun gets to it, keep it outa the sun and you'll be fine, i had the same problem, and stickers arnt cheap either.

Its not the octane, but are you sure its not fumes releasing very slowly through the plastic? All plastic will expand or contract in the sun, why would expanding and contracting create bubbles? I know that stickers on the black hood dont bubble up.