PDA

View Full Version : WTF is happening to Chevrolet?

HoNdAdude48
06-16-2004, 10:16 AM
man what is happening to chevrolet? i mean their trucks arnt bad at all, but they did away with the camaro, and made all the crappy sport compact 4 cyl. type things, sorry i just love the all v-8, rwd american power! the only v-8 rwd car they make is the corvette. you cant even get a monte carlo with a v-8 to my knowledge and thats crap. the ss-r in my opinions kinda cool for a concept but, its ugly id never own one. doesnt have enough horsepower either, they shouldve stuck an ls-1 under the hood.
I like the way theyre going with thier trucks, bout time they did away with the s-10, the colorados are nice, but id like to see a bigger power plant under the hood, like a v-6 at least. surely that i-5 cant pull a trailer? but seriously, WHY would you do away with making camaro/transams (f-bodies) & make all the ugly (sp) equinox's, malibu maxx's, & stupid stuff like that. if you drive in my school parking lot, all you are ss or z-28 98 or newer camaros & ram-airs and stuff. i realize they might be trying to appeal to a different crowd, but what do they do with us die-hard bowtie guys? leave us to go to ford? NO! but ford is starting to come back around, ford gt, the new shelby, mach-1, bullit mustang, (cars that are deffinatly cool, but not enough hp) dont flame me for saying they ford gt doesnt have enough hp, its a v-10 & its got a blower, it makes 510 hp? i think. the 04' z06 corvette is all motor v-8 making 405. i just expected something more. ANYWAYS BACK to the real matter. what are yalls thoughts on chevy?

Mxjunkie
06-16-2004, 10:19 AM
they better make something good, i will be pissed if ford buys them or something

HoNdAdude48
06-16-2004, 10:23 AM
no ford will never buy chevrolet, chevy's owned by GM & thats like the biggest motor company their is. like caddilac, pontiac, chevy,gmc,buick,hummer,kia,oldsmobile (just recently went out of buisness i think) and like and *** load more. but still it is bs, that theres no entry level sports car for chevy

bigfoot300ex
06-16-2004, 10:37 AM
that i-5 in the colorados is a great motor its got at least as much power as the 4.3 v-6 that the s-10 had
they are even putting it in a hummer for next year
and you no that since they stopped with the camaro production that chevy has an awesome car coming up sometime soon
and with all of the smaller cars they are building now....
a lot of people are wanting stuff better on gas
but im sure there will be a sweet v-8 car revealed soon built by chevy

XANDADA
06-16-2004, 10:39 AM
I just want to know wtf is up with that ssr/el camino bs they came out with:confused:

HoNdAdude48
06-16-2004, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by bigfoot300ex
that i-5 in the colorados is a great motor its got at least as much power as the 4.3 v-6 that the s-10 had
they are even putting it in a hummer for next year
and you no that since they stopped with the camaro production that chevy has an awesome car coming up sometime soon
and with all of the smaller cars they are building now....
a lot of people are wanting stuff better on gas
but im sure there will be a sweet v-8 car revealed soon built by chevy

man, i didnt know the i-5 had power like that just think if it was an i-6 with a turbo? lol j/k no they need to do somthing. from what ive read, they stopped producing the camaro to make all these compacts. :mad: i hope your right dude, cuz this sux. when i turn 18 id like to sell my nova & get something new, & im hoping its not a ford.

what i think would be cool if chevy made would be like a modern grand national, inline 6 with a big turbo. that would be bad-***.

bigfoot300ex
06-16-2004, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by HoNdAdude48

what i think would be cool if chevy made would be like a modern grand national, inline 6 with a big turbo. that would be bad-***.
haha that would be sweet

Tommy 17
06-16-2004, 10:57 AM
i have a feeling we are goin to see the chevelle or camaro come back very soon with a ls1 or hopefully a Zl1 427 option:)

in my opinion the GTO from pontiac is a piss poor car for what the name GTO represents... yes its all alum v8 but they didn't use any stylin from the old gtos and it looks just like a grand am... they are just tryin to sell the gto name like dodge and the hemi... junk...

personally i wish they'd bring back a camaro that resembles the 1967 - 1967 generation 1 body style... i love those years and i also like 1999+ or so...

the colarado in my eyes is junk... way under powered and ugly as heck...

the SSR is one of the nicest truck/hotrods i've ever seen and i'd love to own a yellow one...

the new joe gibbs silverado is pretty badarse with a super charger and pushing 405hp (pretty sure thats the number)

SS silverado who wants a sport truck u can't burn the tires off it bc of the AWD...

new c6 corvettes are sweet...

never saw any of the new sport compacts so i can't comment on them...

btw i love cheby and i will own a few soon as i graduate college...

UglyMotha™
06-16-2004, 11:20 AM
i hope your right dude, cuz this sux. when i turn 18 id like to sell my nova & get something new, & im hoping its not a ford.

ill have to get a few pics of my 03' fx-4 f-250 up soon, 4 inch lift, 6.0 deisel, 35" procomp tires, dual procomp shocks up front single procomps out back

something smells like http://ricoracing.netfirms.com/Smilies/poopoo.gif

sly400ex
06-16-2004, 11:30 AM
Not quite 405HP, but it does have 425 ft/lbs of torque!!!:devil:

The above named horsepower comes by way of a Gibbs-designed, Roots-type intercooled/supercharged engine producing 390 horsepower and 425 lbs. ft of torque, exhausting through a Gibbs stainless steel, cat-back exhaust. This all ads up to a 5.9-sec. zero-to-sixty time, and a 13.8 1/4 mile at 99.43 mph for the Silverado

HoNdAdude48
06-16-2004, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by UglyMotha™
something smells like http://ricoracing.netfirms.com/Smilies/poopoo.gif

lmao, Hey Whats that smell? MUST BE ALL THAT $HIT YOUR TALKIN, lol j/p.

but seriously, ive got a truck and a nova so before you go saying im lying maybe you should ask me. ive got a 03' fx-4 for a daily driver and a 66 nova for a cruiser. id like to sell my nova and buy a camaro or a ram-air cuz then i dont have to worry about scratches & fixing it would be easier if i got it in a crash. ive also got a 98 chevy 1500 being built right now (was totalled) cuz the fx-4's for sale. the 6.0 deisel is crappy in the 03's, the 04's are fixed though.

so before you call me a lier again, i might as well clear up all the other cars my dad owns. we have a 65 vette (drag car), 92 camaro (pro street car), 68 shelby (cruiser), and a 03' z06 vette, he also drives a fx-4 exactly like mine for his work truck.

and if you want me to, i will post pics of what i have on this computer to prove it;)

Hoggr9
06-16-2004, 11:42 AM
It could happen

Tommy 17
06-16-2004, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by sly400ex
Not quite 405HP, but it does have 425 ft/lbs of torque!!!:devil:

The above named horsepower comes by way of a Gibbs-designed, Roots-type intercooled/supercharged engine producing 390 horsepower and 425 lbs. ft of torque, exhausting through a Gibbs stainless steel, cat-back exhaust. This all ads up to a 5.9-sec. zero-to-sixty time, and a 13.8 1/4 mile at 99.43 mph for the Silverado

haha i said i think it was 405... 390 is still good!!! nothin like the v-10 ram or the new 550hp lightning thou...

HoNdAdude48
06-16-2004, 11:45 AM
holy **** dude, that freakin bad ***!:eek2:

06-16-2004, 12:12 PM
if that car really did come out I would steal one

HoNdAdude48
06-16-2004, 12:15 PM
lol, yea im gonna have to second that.

you know, its sad, the GTO is the second most powerful car in the whole company of GM, thats pathetic. that car deffinatly was a let down, it looks like a mix between a grand am, and a freakin rice burner, thats bs.:o

UglyMotha™
06-16-2004, 12:23 PM
the gto is far from anything of a rice burner :huh

it's more or less a cross between the grand prix and the bonniville little larger than the prix but a little smaller than the bonnie secondly don't knock unless you know what it's all about, yes the gto was a big let down as far as apperance since it does look like your typical grocery getter and pretty much has nothing to do with it's roots but the car is not lacking in the performance department with a ls1 under the hood with a 6speed manual behind it even haveing a true dual exhaust system, don't see many of those on your more common production cars, also putting down 360hp at the wheels, i really woudn't mind driving it to get groceries

Samson
06-16-2004, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Hoggr9
It could happen

'67-69 USED to be my dream car! That thing is SWEET!

Tommy 17
06-16-2004, 01:14 PM
samson mine 2...

ugly u didn't deisgn the GTO did u haha... bc its not even ugly... its FUGLY!!:eek2: :p

UglyMotha™
06-16-2004, 01:28 PM
:mad:

still looks better than that fugly ssr chevy pulled outta there butts :devil:

06-16-2004, 01:31 PM
man what is happening to chevrolet? i mean their trucks arnt bad at all, but they did away with the camaro, and made all the crappy sport compact 4 cyl. type things, sorry i just love the all v-8, rwd american power! the only v-8 rwd car they make is the corvette. you cant even get a monte carlo with a v-8 to my knowledge and thats crap. the ss-r in my opinions kinda cool for a concept but, its ugly id never own one. doesnt have enough horsepower either, they shouldve stuck an ls-1 under the hood.
I like the way theyre going with thier trucks, bout time they did away with the s-10, the colorados are nice, but id like to see a bigger power plant under the hood, like a v-6 at least. surely that i-5 cant pull a trailer? but seriously, WHY would you do away with making camaro/transams (f-bodies) & make all the ugly (sp) equinox's, malibu maxx's, & stupid stuff like that. if you drive in my school parking lot, all you are ss or z-28 98 or newer camaros & ram-airs and stuff. i realize they might be trying to appeal to a different crowd, but what do they do with us die-hard bowtie guys? leave us to go to ford? NO! but ford is starting to come back around, ford gt, the new shelby, mach-1, bullit mustang, (cars that are deffinatly cool, but not enough hp) dont flame me for saying they ford gt doesnt have enough hp, its a v-10 & its got a blower, it makes 510 hp? i think. the 04' z06 corvette is all motor v-8 making 405. i just expected something more. ANYWAYS BACK to the real matter. what are yalls thoughts on chevy?

You must not have your liscence, because i dont know many people with these gas prices that want an "all-american" v-8. Screw that, i wanna put my money in my quad, not my tank!

Tommy 17
06-16-2004, 01:39 PM
:mad:

still looks better than that fugly ssr chevy pulled outta there butts :devil:

haha i think the SSR is sweet... i'd love to own one of them... i think they look awesome in yellow and bright red...

TheFontMaster
06-16-2004, 01:53 PM
I think chevy needs to make cars that resemble the cars from the 60"s and early 70's, like ford. I deffinetly like where ford is going with their vehicles.

MOFO
06-16-2004, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
haha i think the SSR is sweet... i'd love to own one of them... i think they look awesome in yellow and bright red...

I dont think the SSR looks that bad, but I have to admit that Ford is doing a much better job with the older "retro" looks... take the 2005 Mustang for an example...

Also my biggest complaint about the SSR was in the power department....not enough for its looks IMO....

until I read this... :devil:

390 HP / 405 ftlbs all N/A with no forced induction... put a supercharger on this puppy and can you say bye bye Lighting and SRT10.... :D

I'm not really into sport trucks so I'd love to see this new 6.0L make it into the regular pickups with the torque on the lower end of the power curve.

Info on new 2005 SSR (http://www.gm-trucks.com/ART_2005_ssr.shtml)

Doibugu2
06-16-2004, 02:17 PM
Looks like a chopped up PT cruiser.

I still want a Ford Lightning.

MOFO
06-16-2004, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Doibugu2
Looks like a chopped up PT cruiser.

I still want a Ford Lightning.

Yep, I'm with ya... I'm a GM guy too... but lately Ford has been putting out some nice vehicles.... we were VERY close to putting money down on a 2005 GT....but I dont think nicole would enjoy it too much in the middle of winter in PGH with all the hills... :eek: I also like the new F150 alot... I just got a 2004 Silverado for work and truck vs truck, the Ford is a much nicer vehicle IMO.

UglyMotha™
06-16-2004, 02:20 PM
that would be the ticket, then it would be worth my while, i have a buddy with one picked it up back in december black, looks like a terd in my oppinion but she has been very disappointed with it, says it's seriously lacking in the power department wasn't all the hype they made it out to be :o

Doibugu2
06-16-2004, 02:21 PM
I don't like the new F150 style. The bed is to tall if you ask me.

U coming to Hatfield? I know you negotiated that when you got your new job:devil:

MOFO
06-16-2004, 02:23 PM
I don't like the new F150 style. The bed is to tall if you ask me.

U coming to Hatfield? I know you negotiated that when you got your new job:devil:

actually I had to negotiate time off for my wedding in October, but I do have weekends off, but that weekend in July....all of nicoles out of state relatives are coming in for a weekend thing. If I miss it, I might as well not come home and live in my tent. :D

.... but just as always, there could be a slight chance I'll make it... I'll see what I can do.

and to stay on topic, yes that bed is very high...the only real downside to the truck IMO

Doibugu2
06-16-2004, 02:26 PM
Well that sucks. But maybe things will work out.

Do like the idea of the LS engine in the SSR. Did you see the making of the new Mustang on Discovery I think. It was pretty neat.

MOFO
06-16-2004, 02:37 PM
Well that sucks. But maybe things will work out.

Do like the idea of the LS engine in the SSR. Did you see the making of the new Mustang on Discovery I think. It was pretty neat.

I dont think I've seen that, but I did catch a special on the new Cobra coming out.... they really used Carroll Shelbys input while building it... great car!!!

Doibugu2
06-16-2004, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by MOFO
I dont think I've seen that, but I did catch a special on the new Cobra coming out.... they really used Carroll Shelbys input while building it... great car!!!

That is the one I saw. It was pretty cool.

Tommy 17
06-16-2004, 03:08 PM
i do like the new Ford mustang that looks like a 60s... but i just dunno if i trust a ford... to many horror stories...

06-16-2004, 03:13 PM
I"ve owned nothing but chebies for 15 years and bought my first Ford vehicle several months back. 2003 F 150 brand new and I love it. No complaints what so ever. dad's had ford vehicles for years and not had any problems. Hell he's got a 96 ranger that he runs sythetic in and has for the last 140,000 miles. He changes the oil every 20,000 miles since it was highway use only pretty much. Well tha thing still runs great and will smoke the got dam tires off if you want it too. Moms old mustang was the same way. Synthetic oil, lots of highway driving and log periods between oil changes and it ran like new the day it was sold.

Every cheby I had was trouble and seemed like it needed worked on every other week.

Just trying a different breed is alll....:D

Guy400
06-16-2004, 03:34 PM
Don't give up on the General just yet:cool: My father-in-law works for GM at the Lordstown plant and 2 of my cousin's graduated from GMI and are now employed at GM, one is a mechanical engineer for them and one is electrical. The mechanical engineer cousin does the tooling for new product lines. Let me tell you, you will see a RWD sedan coming back into Chevy's lineup (the SS variant is being tested now with 18's and a supercharged V6). You will see the rebirth of the Camaro (possibly under a new name) and GM releases a new full-size pickup in 2007 as a 2008 model. The GTO gets chassis improvements for next year. The SSR is a bit of a disappointment with the motor. The original plan was the LS1 and it was even in the trucks at the testing grounds. At the last minute they went with its current engine.

My blood flows Bowtie Blue but I've got to admit, the new F150 is a much nicer truck than the current Silverados.

Eric, I should smack for even saying the M-word.

MOFO
06-16-2004, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Guy400

Eric, I should smack for even saying the M-word.

:devil:

dont worry, GM blood will always be flowing in my veins...

Our family history with fords happens to be the complete opposite of Rico's experience... after seeing my father go through (2) brand new Ford trucks (F-150 & F-250 4x4's - 1995 models) and all the problems (trannys & 4wd problems), it will be a cold day in hell when I have a blue oval in my driveway. But I have to admit, the mustang did come close... but we are both VERY happy with our new GTI 1.8T.... :cool:

MOFO
06-16-2004, 04:15 PM
but id like to see a bigger power plant under the hood, like a v-6 at least. surely that i-5 cant pull a trailer?

FYI...the new 3500 series inline 5 will out pull the current 4.3 V6... inlines give a much nicer torque curve, especially for pulling loads...also the I5 is putting out more HP than the 4.3.

Tommy 17
06-16-2004, 05:27 PM
guy thats awesome... i wonder if the 2008 truck will be that cheyanne (sp?) truck you always see on tv...

my cousin is a engineer for dodge... u should hear the stuff he was telling me about them playin with the idea of the charger return for the mopar boys :devil:

btw hes designed the front end of the PT cruiser, mid section of the viper, and helped put the v-10 into the srt 10 ram... he never gets to see the full car thou for protection reasons but i did see the plans of the viper 2 years b4 it ever came out...

Guy400
06-16-2004, 05:41 PM
It's a long story but my family is very good friends with the Kempthorn's who own this dealership in Canton http://www.kempthorn.com/en_US/

Anyway, the son of the owner (who's name is Eric) just stepped down as VP of Kempthorn Motors about a month ago to take an executive sales position with Joe Gibbs Performance. Eric's got to follow around the Gibbs semi and try to sell his vehicles to Chevy dealerships. My brother just emailed me and said Eric came to pick up his kids at my brother's house in a new Gibbs Performance Tahoe and he let my brother drive it. I'm waiting to hear back if he got any pics. If he didn't get any this time I'll be sure to get some very soon.

Tommy 17
06-16-2004, 05:49 PM
the gibbs tahoes are very nice... i'd really like to drive the silverado they can't keep the tires on them!!!

did anyone see the southern comfort yukon, tahoe, avalanches yet??? big ol 20 inch rims... and 2 tone fade paint EX black bottom faded to a red top... i saw a avalanche in town today with it and MY GOD was it ugly!!!!!!

MOFO
06-16-2004, 05:51 PM

did anyone see the southern comfort yukon

thats just askin to get pulled over on a weekend late at night...

"No officer, I have not been drinking, but yes, I did buy the special Southern Comfort version of this truck"

redroost85
06-16-2004, 05:53 PM
My family has been GM ever since the day they stepped off the boat in New York...relatively speaking of course, lol!:p

We have owned Chevys for as long as I can remember and not even one Ford. I am a Chevy man through and through, but the thing that pisses me of the most is that I heard on the news that GM is going to invest like $3 billion dollars in China.....WTF!?:grr: Can't we even attempt to continue to make/assemble things in our own dam country?!:mad:

I know there is already a fair amount of Canada (sorry to all our Canadian EX brothers and sisters) crap in our cars already?

Come on America and GM.......let's be friggen American here!:macho

Oh and that pathetic Aveo or whatever...yeah that's like 95% Korean......sonofabeatch!:grr:

Tommy 17
06-16-2004, 05:59 PM
heres a southern comfort avy... check out that paint job:p

MOFO
06-16-2004, 06:00 PM
heres a southern comfort avy... check out that paint job:p

I guess thats why they call it the Southern Comfort package, the feed ya a bottle of booze to get ya to sign the papers! :D

JForestZ34
06-16-2004, 06:13 PM
I like chevys but they do have to do something to make a sports car besides the vette. The car Iwould really like to have is a buick grand national. It's the only production car of it's time the could run down and beat a vette stock vs. stock. And if you do some turbo mods or other type of mods those cars are just outright sick. Also someone said about inline motors having more torque. THat's correct that's why they have them in trailer trucks, they make alot more torque in the inline version vs. the v version. If I can't find a Grand NAtional maybe I'll just settle for a 1969 Chevelle 454.:D :D

James

bulkdriverlp
06-16-2004, 09:01 PM
wow i like that paint job. wouldnt hold a candle to jessie james thou.:blah: . i used to be a chevy man, but now adays chevy makes the truck with the weakest frame,weakest front end out there. plus ford advertises that they are the quietest vehicle out there, :D for interior noise levels. i have a '97 f-150 first time ford owner. youll never see me in another chevy. put a chevy on a hoist and a ford next to each other compare parts youll see why chevy is goin down hill;) ed

Jay300ex
06-17-2004, 05:17 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid85/pc45984e04ffb7e85d8e3b7a5e98e3ed5/fac1c167.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid85/pf8c148d4ebabd998216d8c1ba3caee2c/fac1c16d.jpg

I think I've posted this before. This truck is sick.

exatak199
06-17-2004, 06:32 PM
i have a feeling we are goin to see the chevelle or camaro come back very soon with a ls1 or hopefully a Zl1 427 option:)

in my opinion the GTO from pontiac is a piss poor car for what the name GTO represents... yes its all alum v8 but they didn't use any stylin from the old gtos and it looks just like a grand am... they are just tryin to sell the gto name like dodge and the hemi... junk...

personally i wish they'd bring back a camaro that resembles the 1967 - 1969 generation 1 body style...

http://www.popularhotrodding.com/features/0312phr_fifthgen_01_z.jpg

http://www.popularhotrodding.com/features/0312phr_fifthgen_02_z.jpg

http://www.popularhotrodding.com/features/0312phr_fifthgen_04_z.jpg

http://www.popularhotrodding.com/features/0309phr-5camaro05_z.jpg

http://www.popularhotrodding.com/features/0309phr-5camaro03_z.jpg

RS/SS:eek2:

http://www.popularhotrodding.com/features/0309phr-5camaro07_z.jpg

I herd that it might have a 405hp 350 corvette engine and a 396 as well!!! we will have to see............

Guy400
06-17-2004, 06:37 PM
If GM doesn't snatch up the kid that originally drew that concept Camaro than they're freakin' idiots. Wasn't he like 16? All I know is the day Chevy releases that Camaro is the day my wife trades in her Grand Prix GT:cool:

exatak199
06-17-2004, 06:43 PM
he's 19 prolly 20 by now:o
but that is the nicest camaro (besides the '69z-28:devil: ) that I've seen

:eek:

Tommy 17
06-17-2004, 07:22 PM
i've seen that car b4... that 16 year old is my freakin hero!!! haha

i'd sell my house and live in it if i had to to own one!!! i love it in orange...

muddy400EX
06-17-2004, 07:52 PM
i saw drawings of a new chevelle in a magazine awhile back and it was pretty cool.

CTmxyfz
06-17-2004, 08:09 PM

all aluminum v-10
650 hp:eek:

Smokin 440
06-17-2004, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by CTmxyfz
all aluminum v-10
650 hp:eek:

Not to mention a 6 speed, and a theoretical top speed of 260+ mph... That Cobra is so awesome, i would wet myself if i ever saw it in person.

user101
06-17-2004, 10:45 PM
the joe gibbs chevy is way overpriced if u ask me...i mean all it is is a 6-speed tranny and a supercharger. who cares about all that leather interior w/ the name joe gibbs on it..however the chevy 1500 with the 327 are some of the quickest trucks ive ridden in
(i can only imagine one with a supercharger)..ive watched them walk all over a mustang gt..it was a quite a suprise..the f-150s with the 329 really wake up with a cold air intake and an exhaust of somekind. i have flowmaster 50 series. i havent had the chance to line up with anyone yet to see how it does.

the ssr is not a true truck in my opinion..it has that tiny *** bed and the top comes off..imo its not a truck.

as far as ford not bein tough..i have one as well as my friends one has a GT which has had the piss drove out of it and with almost 100,000 miles still runs good..and another one has a ranger 3.0 5-speed that we beat the hell out of and nothin yet has broke on it after 120,000 miles..but both of them are well maintenced and taken care of.

MOFO
06-18-2004, 04:58 AM
Originally posted by user101

as far as ford not bein tough..i have one as well as my friends one has a GT which has had the piss drove out of it and with almost 100,000 miles still runs good..and another one has a ranger 3.0 5-speed that we beat the hell out of and nothin yet has broke on it after 120,000 miles..but both of them are well maintenced and taken care of.

you gotta be a ford fan because 100,000 miles is not much for any type of vehicle... I'm impressed when they approach 200,000 miles without major repair. (A GM owners point of view) :D

sportraxkid
06-18-2004, 02:19 PM
my dad had a 68 ford truck with 325,000 miles and it ran good when he sold it. and his company truck is a ford powerstroke with 225,000 and all thats been replaced was a clutch. But fords arn't tuff :huh

lsittingbull
06-18-2004, 11:41 PM
Been a blue oval fan for years now and still is. I have owned both chevy and ford products, you will find good and bad in both. But on average IMHO you can not beat jap quality. For once I kicked brand loyality to the side and asked who can give me the most for my money. Toyota, yep I went and bought me a 2004 toyota 4runner, with the I-force v8 automatic 5 speed transmission. If my memory serves me correct the opitional 3:91 gear ratio also. The truck hauls *****, the one thing that really stands out from this truck is smothness, you can rev this sucker up to 4k rpms standing still and the truck is smoth as glass, the transmission shifts just as smooth.(sp).

ps; ford does build great trucks its there bread and butter. they would starve if they relied on there car quality

2001400ex
06-19-2004, 08:44 AM

I am mad they discontinued the Camaro as well, but these cars they are coming out with are more 'practical'

I think that with the return of the GTO and the HEMI, Ford bringing back the older Mustang looks, and a special version with 500HP, talk of the Chevelle coming back...that Chevrolet has to bring back the Camaro. All those cars were competitors back then and I have a feeling that competition is going to be reborn. (Or I hope.)

EDIT: For all the brand bashers, my dad has a 1998 Ford E-250; 222,000 miles, original plugs and wires, only had to do his brakes and oil changes. Lay off every brand, serioussly. I am by no means a FORD only fan. I love everything from Honda to BMW to GMC.

Bretmd94
06-19-2004, 11:14 AM
Heres my view of this topic:

They did away with the camero because they werent selling many at all. I read in Hot ROd that they do plan to bring it back for sure with a totally new bodystyle and everything ground up.

The trucks kick ***** already. The only truck i would like to have over the Chevys is the Dodge Cummins. The rest of the trucks cant compete with that motor.

The ZO6 in my mind if better than the viper. Better track times, lower price, and no huge over stear. Ford has nothing to compete becides a bummy remake of the gt40. Which they can only call the GT because its more than 40 inches tall. (dont get me wrong the original GT40 is one of my alltime fav cars)

As for regular cars, They cant compete with the imports. Hondas last way longer for practical cars. Sube WRX Sti's and Lancer evos both run 13.0's in the 1/4 right off the show room floor and compete well with a zo6 as well as would have taken more sales from the Camaro.

The SSR seems retarded to me. It looks a bit weird for me, and does not compete at all with the Lightning, or Dodges ram wiht the viper motor.

Have faith, The camaro will be back. I just hope they give the thing a ton of power.

HoNdAdude48
06-19-2004, 11:36 AM
the gto is far from anything of a rice burner :huh

it's more or less a cross between the grand prix and the bonniville little larger than the prix but a little smaller than the bonnie secondly don't knock unless you know what it's all about, yes the gto was a big let down as far as apperance since it does look like your typical grocery getter and pretty much has nothing to do with it's roots but the car is not lacking in the performance department with a ls1 under the hood with a 6speed manual behind it even haveing a true dual exhaust system, don't see many of those on your more common production cars, also putting down 360hp at the wheels, i really woudn't mind driving it to get groceries

dude, notice i said, LOOKS LIKE a rice burner, the rear end looks like a sunfire, and a sunfire is a rice burner. it needs some bold tail lights like the camaro, or somthing like that. it looks just like a grand-prix up front. under the hood its a different story. all they did was use an austrailian GM car, i forget what its called, for the GTO. i would like the car a whole lot better if it wasnt a parts bin car. im not sayin i wouldnt be proud to have one, i would, but i would rather have a ram-air t/a, or an ss camaro (late model). oh , im knockin, cuz i know what its all about, lol:p

HoNdAdude48
06-19-2004, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Atkins450
You must not have your liscence, because i dont know many people with these gas prices that want an "all-american" v-8. Screw that, i wanna put my money in my quad, not my tank!

lol, no i have my liscence, i think gas is rediculus too, but "you gotta pay to play", unless you have a damn rice burner. i mean, i dont like them, but if i had to get one id get that srt-4 those things are fast as hell, and domestic.

Juggalo
06-19-2004, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Smokin 440
Not to mention a 6 speed, and a theoretical top speed of 260+ mph... That Cobra is so awesome, i would wet myself if i ever saw it in person.

i saw it in person once :devil: believe it or not it was even more insanley incredible in real life!

i'm not really brand loyal to any companies but i guess i admit that i gravitate toward the fords a little more..definatley always been a mustang fan and def been a shelby fan. got a GT500 sittin in the driveway right now as a matter of fact. what i'd love to see is the return of the shelby mustangs...who knows..maybe the v-10 out of the new cobra in a mustang chasis? haha that would rule but i doubt that one would ever happen.

HoNdAdude48
06-19-2004, 12:45 PM
saw something about a project mustang ford had, in Hot Rod, it was some bad-*** v-10 they had in a cobra. they said that they wouldnt produce it though. not a big ford fan, but love the shelby's. my dad has a 68 shelby (clone) with a 502 crate motor in it, and mini tubbed. people hate us for doing it, but its not a real shelby, so its not that bad.:devil:

user101
06-19-2004, 03:05 PM
you gotta be a ford fan because 100,000 miles is not much for any type of vehicle... I'm impressed when they approach 200,000 miles without major repair. (A GM owners point of view) :D

i didnt say i was impressed with it having a 100,000 miles and it still runs good..my dakota 3.9 has 318,000 miles on it and has only had a tranny and a rear end in it

sportraxkid
06-19-2004, 03:14 PM
hey juggalo got any pics of the Gt500. And hondadude if your going to build a ford put a ford in it you could of got a camaro or nova or something.

HoNdAdude48
06-19-2004, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by sportraxkid
hey juggalo got any pics of the Gt500. And hondadude if your going to build a ford put a ford in it you could of got a camaro or nova or something.

we already have a camaro, and my nova has a ramjet 350 in it, then we came across this decent 67 mustang fastback & made it a 68 shelby, gt500. he mainly wants somthing different (powerplant wise) if it were me i'd put a supercharged late model mustang motor in it, but thats just me. im not much for crossbreeding either, but the cars gonna look good. we did away with all the moldings, like the letters across the back that say
s h e l b y . every things air brushed on, it says, c h e l by , for chevrolet, & the cobra snake is airbrushed on too, it has a blue bowtie on its neck. its pretty cool, ill post pics as soon as the cars done. it'll prolly be a few years though, lol.

Chef
06-19-2004, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by Juggalo
i saw it in person once :devil: believe it or not it was even more insanley incredible in real life!

Oh yeah? I stood next to a Jaguar XJ220 Thursday.:eek:

bradley300
06-19-2004, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by JForestZ34
The car Iwould really like to have is a buick grand national. It's the only production car of it's time the could run down and beat a vette stock vs. stock.

Also someone said about inline motors having more torque. THat's correct that's why they have them in trailer trucks, they make alot more torque in the inline version vs. the v version. If I can't find a Grand NAtional maybe I'll just settle for a 1969 Chevelle 454.:D :D

James

actually, your forgetting two! the GMC cyclone and typhoons can beat the grand nationals and the zr1 corvetts

and the colorado i-5 has 30 more horse than a 4.3 s-10 and has LESS torque, (forgot the actual number, but i thik its around thirty ft-lbs. less)

Juggalo
06-20-2004, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by sportraxkid

yeah dude i have some pix...i might post em but if you wanna see em you could hit me up on aim sometime.. shes seen better days right now...but we're gettin her restored pretty soon. we've had it forever tho..my dads the second owner and hes had it since it was only 4 years old. he also had a 68 GT500KR convertable at the same time as the one we have now (the one we have now is a 70, the rarest year of the gt500) but he sold the 68 around the time i was born which sucks cuz that was a sweet car and the 68 kr convertable is the most valuable of all the shelby's!

as for the guy that said his dad has a 68 shelby clone with a 502 in it all i have to ask is why? the 502's a GM motor! sad sad sad :( i bet it hauls *** tho..my friend down the road has a 69 camaro with a 502. actually i guess you could say muscle cars are all the rage around these parts.. well at least in my group of friends. i got the shelby (although its not really ready for the road right now) then one of my friends has a 72 chevelle with a 350 with a little work done to it, my other friend has a 69 AMX with a 390 with some work done to it, a 70 javelin with a 360 with a little work, and a 74 AMX with a 360 thats got a lot done to it and it hauls ***. and my friends that dont have muscle cars all want em of course..i mean dont get me wrong i like a lot of newer cars but man..cars these days (especially all the ones that are really new with the exception of maybe just a few such as the 05 mustang) just dont have the lines and mean looks that the cars from the 60's and early 70's had. i love em

batgeek
06-20-2004, 03:08 AM
love those AMX's...you don't see them around much :)

MOFO
06-20-2004, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by bradley300
actually, your forgetting two! the GMC cyclone and typhoons can beat the grand nationals and the zr1 corvetts

and the colorado i-5 has 30 more horse than a 4.3 s-10 and has LESS torque, (forgot the actual number, but i thik its around thirty ft-lbs. less)

might have less peak torque, but I'd be willing to bet the entire torque curve is MUCH stronger than the 4.3

HoNdAdude48
06-20-2004, 12:06 PM
as for the guy that said his dad has a 68 shelby clone with a 502 in it all i have to ask is why? the 502's a GM motor! sad sad sad :( i bet it hauls *** tho..my friend down the road has a 69 camaro with a 502. actually i guess you could say muscle cars are all the rage around these parts.. well at least in my group of friends. i got the shelby (although its not really ready for the road right now) then one of my friends has a 72 chevelle with a 350 with a little work done to it, my other friend has a 69 AMX with a 390 with some work done to it, a 70 javelin with a 360 with a little work, and a 74 AMX with a 360 thats got a lot done to it and it hauls ***. and my friends that dont have muscle cars all want em of course..i mean dont get me wrong i like a lot of newer cars but man..cars these days (especially all the ones that are really new with the exception of maybe just a few such as the 05 mustang) just dont have the lines and mean looks that the cars from the 60's and early 70's had. i love em [/B][/QUOTE]

like i said in my earlier post: we already have a camaro, and my nova has a ramjet 350 in it, then we came across this decent 67 mustang fastback & made it a 68 shelby, gt500. he mainly wants somthing different (powerplant wise) if it were me i'd put a supercharged late model mustang motor in it, but thats just me. im not much for crossbreeding either, but the cars gonna look good. we did away with all the moldings, like the letters across the back that say
s h e l b y . every things air brushed on, it says, c h e l by , for chevrolet, & the cobra snake is airbrushed on too, it has a blue bowtie on its neck. its pretty cool, ill post pics as soon as the cars done. it'll prolly be a few years though, lol.

bradley300
06-20-2004, 02:44 PM
might have less peak torque, but I'd be willing to bet the entire torque curve is MUCH stronger than the 4.3

ive never seen the torque curve, just the numbers, but you are probably right

HoNdAdude48
06-20-2004, 05:02 PM
i think chevy, or gm needs to produce a bad-*** turbo v-8 combination. like a 50mm or so turbo, rwd. the grand national was prolly the baddest car gm has ever made, other than the cyclones & typhoons. those were 6 cyl.'s, with 8cyl.'s in a 3000lb car? that would fly. just my 2 cents.:eek:

Guy400
06-20-2004, 05:23 PM
Just talked with my cousin and an upcoming SS version of a soon-to-be-released passenger car from GM will come with 18's and 12" discs:eek2:

HoNdAdude48
06-20-2004, 09:09 PM
sweet, how reliable is he?

Striker49
06-21-2004, 02:29 AM
Now ya done got a Chevy topic started....lol.

We currently have 3 Chevrolets sittin in our driveway and a Dodge.
95 Lumina
97 S-10
88 Silverado
03 Dodge

Needless to say Ill be Chevy til the day I die. I begged dad to invest in a 2500HD or a 04 Avalanche and he wouldnt do it. So now we have a 03 4x4 Quadcab 1500 Dodge Ram sittin in our driveway. Needless to say I will never own one. Has the 360 in it and Im sure it could pull my 350 but its doggy as hell and it feels like Im tryin to drive a Peterbilt. I was not impressed with the purchase and extremely disappointed in dad.

Some one mentioned something about all the people wanting V8s although gas mileage was high. Let me tell ya, I dont care how high gas gets, you aint gettin me in nothin smaller than an 8. We own 2 V6s and yeah they're cool get good gas milage and the 4.3L Vortec does put out good power fer its size, I even know of one in a full-size that will eat my truck, but they just dont have the same feel.

Also, there still is an S-10. They did not stop production, they just reduced them to two models... 4x4 Quad Cabs.
I have actually seen the SS Concept car that Chevy has talked about for the past year. They do have a prototype of the vehicle and it will roll. :huh Very nice and its got that 69 Camaro stylin to it and I love it.
http://www.cardesignnews.com/autoshows/2003/detroit/highlights/images/chevy-ss1297s.jpg
The new truck Chevrolet is talkin about, if Im to make a good guess, is the Cheyenne that everyone has seen on TV.
http://money.cnn.com/2003/01/05/pf/autos/autoshow_dreamcars/chevrolet-cheyenne.jpg

I do miss Chevrolet puttin out their infamous V8s and its very disappointing but with Ford unveiling the 05 Stang and Dodge's talks of the re-release of the Charger, they will bring back something soon. The GTO was a let down in the design. It looks too similar to everything else Pontiac makes now, but the LS1 under the hood isnt something youll want to challenge with that little 4-cyl ricer. :p
http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/7/web/379000-379999/379736_7.jpg

BTW, GM has a little prototype that will never hit the market but would slaughter everything in existance....stock.
http://ilyabirman.ru/etc/meanwhile/images/sixteen.jpg

Here's some stats fer yall to check out.

Colorado

Engine Vortec 2800 2.8L I-4
Displacement (cu. in./liters) 169/2.8
Bore & stroke (in./mm) 3.66 x 4.0/91.4 x 101.6
Compression ratio 10.0:1
Valve configuration DOHC
Valves/cylinder 4
Ignition system coil-on plug
Lifters hydraulic roller
Cam drive chain
Oil capacity (quarts/liters) 4.5/4.3
Maximum engine speed (RPM) 5600
Horsepower/kW (@ engine RPM) 175/130.5 @ 5600
Torque (lb.-ft./N-m @ RPM) 185/250 @ 2800

Engine Vortec 3500 3.5L I-5
Displacement (cu. in./liters) 211/3.5
Bore & stroke (in./mm) 3.66 x 4.0/91.4 x 101.6
Compression ratio 10.0:1
Valve configuration DOHC
Valves/cylinder 4
Ignition system coil-on plug
Lifters hydraulic roller
Cam drive chain
Horsepower/kW (@ engine RPM) 220/164.1 @ 5600
Torque (lb.-ft./N-m @ RPM) 225/305 @ 2800

S-10

Engine Vortec 4300 V6
Displacement (cu. in./liters) 262/4.3
Bore & stroke (in./mm) 4.00 x 3.48/102 x 88
Compression ratio 9.2:1
Cylinder-block material cast-iron
Cylinder-head material cast-iron
Valve configuration OHV
Valves/cylinder 2
Ignition system direct
Lifters hydraulic roller
Cam drive chain
Horsepower/kW (@ engine RPM) 190/142 @ 4400
Torque (lb.-ft./N-m @ RPM) 250/339 @ 2800

Chevy SS Concept Car
The 430-Horsepower engine is paired with a Hydra-Matic 4-L65E four-speed, electronically controlled, automatic transmission, along with a rear-wheel drive, high-performance suspension.

2005 Corvette
A new all-aluminum 6.0L V8 delivers 400 hp at 6000 rpm and 400 lb.-ft. of torque at 4400 rpm.
New chassis with longer wheelbase
Standard short-throw six-speed manual transmission
Standard Active Handling
New, larger Goodyear Eagle F1 Extended Mobility Tires with the Tire-Pressure Monitor system
Available Magnetic Selective Ride Control with Sport and Tour modes
Available Z51 Performance Package with performance-tuned springs, dampers, stabilizer bars, tires, cross-drilled brake rotors, unique transmission, and heavy-duty steering and transmission oil coolers

Cadillac Sixteen
Vehicle type 4-passenger, 4-speed, rear-wheel drive luxury vehicle
Height, overall 54.8 in. / 1392 mm
Length, overall 223.3 in. / 5673 mm
Width, overall 79.9 in. / 2029 mm
Wheelbase 140 in. / 3556 mm
Weight 5000 lb. / 2270 kg (estimated)
Engine type 13.6L GM XV16 Concept Engine
Power output 1000 hp / 745 kW
Max torque 1000 lb-ft / 1355 Nm
Transmission Modified Hydra-Matic 4L85-E 4-speed electronically controlled automatic
Powertrain layout Longitudinal front engine, rear-wheel drive
Suspension Front: Sigma-based high arm SLA
Rear: Semi-trailing arm, 4-wheel steer
Wheels & Tires 24-in. polished aluminum wheels, with Michelin custom tread P265/40R24 tires
Brakes Baer 6-piston, 16-in. rotors

440exnacsracer
06-21-2004, 08:49 AM
Chevorlet is working on a new model chevelle which is supposed to be really sweet but in the $60g range, and about Ford well, this is the way it should be, ford in front:D but about the new GT i believe it is a supercharged 5.4l aluminum motor pushing 499 horses as 500+ is illegal in the states. there will be 1500 made between this year and 2007 and there are 3100 ford dealers most of which the owners will buy the one they get. so im guessing about 200 will actually be availiable to the public @ $130k

striker...you have the right attitude lol, i will NEVER drive anything less than an 8, i cant stand riding in v6's or 4 bangers becuase they sound horrible even with the stock exhaust, and if you make them silent, they wont be any fun:D ill be putting gas in my 5.4 if its $10 a gallon i wont drive a little fucus:blah:

HoNdAdude48
06-21-2004, 10:43 AM
dude, the ford gt was a major let down in the performance department. c'mon, its a v-10 with a blower, i was expecting like 550-600 hp at least. its only got like right at 500. i would much rather have a vette than anything, all motor v-8 (no supercharger or anything) making 405 hp. slap a procharger on there for about $5,000 and you got your self 550hp EASY! I would never buy a ford gt, the stylings right on q, but i was expecting more. i would own any of their mustangs though, both my cousin's have saleens, & i myself would not mind having a Mach-1, or one of those bullit stangs.

MOFO
06-21-2004, 01:57 PM
dude, the ford gt was a major let down in the performance department. .

Before you start ripping on this car, I HIGHLY suggest you do some research first. This car has some of the BEST performance numbers in the world! No question about that!!!

If you dont want to look, here are a couple numbers for you.

500HP/500 ftlbs in a race frame weighing around 3300lbs
0-60 --- 3.8 sec
0-100 --- 8.8 sec
top speed --- 190mph
1/4 ---11.x sec
60-0 --- 117ft
Skidpad --- 1.00g
Saloom --- almost 70mph

These numbers are on par or better than supercars in this range! If you ask me, performance is something thats NOT lacking with this car.

As I stated before, I'm a GM fan, but you cannot be blinded by brand loyalty when talking about a car such as the new GT.

redroost85
06-21-2004, 02:01 PM
Striker49, that graph of the ricer and the Camero is effing hilarious, lmao!:D

440exnacsracer
06-21-2004, 09:28 PM
hondadude, read my previous post.....500+horses are illegal in the US and its not a v10 its a 5.4 liter V8.... the same as in my truck....well maybe a little better:D if you think this thing isnt mean, maybe you should check out the footage on fords website when the GT is on a track, id say burning out for 80+ft coming out of a corner at 90+mph is ripping, nobody else has a thing to touch it!!

good stats MOFO,

Cody_300ex
06-21-2004, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by 440exnacsracer
hondadude, read my previous post.....500+horses are illegal in the US and its not a v10 its a 5.4 liter V8.... the same as in my truck....well maybe a little better:D if you think this thing isnt mean, maybe you should check out the footage on fords website when the GT is on a track, id say burning out for 80+ft coming out of a corner at 90+mph is ripping, nobody else has a thing to touch it!!

good stats MOFO,

Yeah but at 120,000$ You could take a 60,000 zo6 vette and put that extra 60,000 dollars in it and almost have a le mans ready vette. but thats JMO

Cody_300ex
06-21-2004, 10:08 PM

good stats MOFO,

Yeah but at 120,000$ You could take a 60,000 zo6 vette and put that extra 60,000 dollars in it and almost have a le mans ready vette. but thats JMO

MOFO
06-22-2004, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Lil_300Ex_Kid

blah blah blad... I'm sick of people wanting to compare prices vs what they could do with that money to another car. Its a GT...period...end of story... I dont care how much money you spend on another car, it still aint gonna be a GT!!!

So I guess a Ferrari is a waste of money as well, how about the new Porsche GT1... Lamborghini....must be a waste of money with your logic. Sometimes its not always about the best bang for the buck... it is about the car!

This is the same freakin logic all these rice boys apply to their civics...sure you can mod a civic up pretty damn good...heck, if done right, it can even take a new E46 M3....but you know what...at the end of the day, your still driving a civic while the other guy is enjoying his fine BMW.

Also keep in mind, I love the new vette, just dont try to compare it to a car outside of its class. They ARE different cars from the factory...completely different markets.

/rant off!!!

snopromc88
06-22-2004, 05:33 PM
Anyone who thinks 500hp isn't enough for the GT either has never driven a car with 500hp or doesn't know much about the GT. The GT has beaten the folling cars in comparisons.

Porche Carara GT2(not sure about the last designation)
Ferrari Challenge Stradale (modified 360 modena)
Dodge Viper
Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (not even a close comparison)

and is said to be the third fastest car in the world (2nd: Saleen S7, 1st: Ferarri Enzo) and all three have identical 0-60 times. The Ford was second of those three overall because the Saleen was way too harsh for normal driving. I will get a chance to drive a GT in about a month because our dealer is one of the few to recieve merit from ford to grant them one.

As far as trucks go: 2004 Ford F250 with the new Powerstroke diesel is a muscle monster with an exhaust, intake, and computer chip. Add propane injection or nitrous and see the look on the face of the import drivers when you smoke them off the lights, while still smoking the tires. I can't wait till I get my diesel so I can have some fun with it :devil:

Guy400
06-22-2004, 06:58 PM
As promised--pics of the new Gibbs Tahoe. Eric stopped by my brother's house today and has his company truck with him (Gibbs Tahoe #0004:eek: ). Finally got some pics of it.

Guy400
06-22-2004, 06:58 PM

Guy400
06-22-2004, 06:59 PM

Guy400
06-22-2004, 06:59 PM

440exnacsracer
06-22-2004, 09:06 PM
hmmmm that big thing that the air intake goes into looks pretty:D

hondafox440
06-22-2004, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by JForestZ34
I like chevys but they do have to do something to make a sports car besides the vette. The car Iwould really like to have is a buick grand national. It's the only production car of it's time the could run down and beat a vette stock vs. stock. And if you do some turbo mods or other type of mods those cars are just outright sick. Also someone said about inline motors having more torque. THat's correct that's why they have them in trailer trucks, they make alot more torque in the inline version vs. the v version. If I can't find a Grand NAtional maybe I'll just settle for a 1969 Chevelle 454.:D :D

James

GM didn't have the 454 in 69.

MOFO
06-23-2004, 04:23 AM
.....500+horses are illegal in the US

I'm curious as to where you got this information. The reason I say this is because most Lamborghini Diablos have over 500HP...heck the Murcielago has 580 from the factory and I know they are legal in the US. The Ferrari Enzo is pumping out 650HP and they are legal as well....

I've never heard of this stat before...

Fuchs105
06-23-2004, 06:00 AM
here is the post to end this god foresaken topic. chevy is coming out with an '05 CHEVELLE!!!

Juggalo
06-23-2004, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by Fuchs105
here is the post to end this god foresaken topic. chevy is coming out with an '05 CHEVELLE!!!

lets hope its not based on the malibu

HoNdAdude48
06-25-2004, 11:54 AM
oh ok my bad, i thougth the gt was a v-10. im not sayin im not impressed with the car, the gt's bad ***. sorry i have the average joe logic. i could slap a procharger on our z06 and smoke a new gt. for $5000! and for whoever said either i haven't driven a car w/ 500hp your wrong. try 2100 hp out of a sbc (in our 65 vette) and mofo, you need to calm down man, lol, dont get so emotional ITS JUST A CAR! (that most people cant afford) and where in hell did you here that 500 horses are illeagal in the us? thats the craziest thing ive ever heard. the viper has well over 500. :macho

UglyMotha™
06-25-2004, 12:15 PM
actually there chief the 2004 8.3 liter viper only puts out 500 ponies, not well over :o

it puts down 525 ft/lb of torque though but i still don't consider that will over

HoNdAdude48
06-25-2004, 12:18 PM
seriously??? wow, then the vipers undr powered!

UglyMotha™
06-25-2004, 12:26 PM
:huh your car knowledge for some reason just doesn't seem to be up to par

blondie69
06-25-2004, 01:54 PM
I wish all car companys would bring back muscle cars...thats my opinion. Enough w/ this ricer crap. We need muscle cars:mad:

HoNdAdude48
06-25-2004, 02:24 PM
:huh your car knowledge for some reason just doesn't seem to be up to par

well, damn dude, sorry im not good enough for you, i dont really keep up with late model ****. all im in to is mucsle cars, we have a 66 nova,68 shelby,a 65 vette, and the newest race car we have is a 92 camaro. weve owned a 70 mach 1, 69 camaro, 2 other 66 chevy 2's and several more. sorry i dont wake up early enough to catch car and driver every morning. so i dont really care how much hp everything has. as far as my car knowledge goes, buddy i know plenty more than you do & will prolly ever know. ive grown up & been around cars my whole life. i used to race quads, & i still do when i can, but all i do these days is spend my life at the drag strip. i dont know what the hell i did to you, but why do you question the cars me & my family owns? you seem like the type of person that tries to start **** on every thread. get a life and stop bugging me. sorry to flame but dude you are pissing me off.

UglyMotha™
06-25-2004, 02:37 PM
as far as my car knowledge goes, buddy i know plenty more than you do & will prolly ever know.

http://ricoracing.netfirms.com/Smilies/rollinonfloor.gif riiiiiggghttt, you might want to tread lightly there tonto

as far as your knowledge if you admit you don't know much about new cars than why have you popped facts out this whole thread that are just basically pulled outta your butt

HoNdAdude48
06-25-2004, 02:42 PM
im sorry i dont know every thing like you think you do, the only thing i said that i didnt know much about was about the gt, and the viper. think what you want buddy.:rolleyes: i mean tonto

MOFO
06-25-2004, 03:06 PM
seriously??? wow, then the vipers undr powered!

:huh

Making a statement saying the new viper is underpowered is just....well....flat out stupid (for a lack of better words). I'm not sure what kind of world you live in but I believe this topic is about cars from the factory. The last Viper I road in was a 2002 GTS (only 450HP) and it was MORE than enough.

You have to think outside of 1/4mile drag racing... thats only a VERY small fraction of the performance of an automobile.

and BTW, I am calm and relaxed, I guess I'm sick of people out there that slap a supercharger on a late model V8, then go out and toast a 996 Porsche (just for an example) at a stop light, then think they have the superior car....LMFAO...they need to wake up!

MOFO
06-25-2004, 03:20 PM
well, damn dude, sorry im not good enough for you, i dont really keep up with late model ****. all im in to is mucsle cars,

then do a little more reading in this thread rather than posting... might learn a thing or two in here.

and for whoever said either i haven't driven a car w/ 500hp your wrong. try 2100 hp out of a sbc (in our 65 vette)

I'm not trying to pick on ya, but just an FYI... my GTI 1.8T would destroy that vette on a tight road course.... just as that vette would destroy my GTI on a 1/4 strip. Performance is not always measured a 1/4 mile at a time IMO, and HP is not always the answer to making a car fast.

HoNdAdude48
06-25-2004, 05:12 PM
exactly, i agree, i hate ricers, but i give the guys major props who have like civics & **** that haul ***

250R
06-25-2004, 11:39 PM
I'll tell you what happened to the camaro....the mustang simply put it out of business. While I am brand loyal (Ford), that is the simple fact. Plus, mullets are no longer in style. Another thing. the Ford GT is not a V10, it is a 5.4L superharged engine. Same variation as in the Lightning. I really hated to see the camero go, especialy since Ford has no trouble selling base V6's, Mach 1's, GT's, Cobras. What will the owners of these cars have to pick on now? Also, I do not give any props to Civic's...grow up and get something with real horsepower.

Guy400
06-26-2004, 05:09 AM
I don't know who was in charge of the Camaro project after about 1973 but they should've been fired. They threw out the formula that made the '67-'69 so great (early 70's were OK in my book) and started moving away from that design philosophy. The doors lengthened leading to problems with hinges sagging over time, the front and rear overhangs became obsessively long making parking a b!t<h and leading to some handling woes and the 10 mile tall windshield layed back at an 8° angle was a PITA for several reasons. That rear hatch...why not just a smaller piece of glass and a trunk, albeit a small one. Has anyone in here ever picked up that rear hatch glass? A steel trunk lid has got to be lighter than that thing and that rear glass was notorious for leaking. This is coming from a GM die-hard who's owned 3 3rd Gen Camaro's and 1 4th Gen. My list of complaints doesn't stop there but I'd still own one over a Mustang for three reasons--L...S...1. I hated to see the Camaro go but it desperately needed a complete overhaul. Some of you guys might freak out over this but the new Camaro platform is already out there and I'd love to see GM use it--the new GTO. GM is already going to ditch the cast iron control arms the first year GTO came with and replace them with aluminum units with slightly different geometry. Word I got was that the new GTO was built on such a short timeframe that no time for changes was allowed. Aussie roads are much worse than typical U.S. roads (ever drove in MI, OH or PA in the winter:huh ) so that's why Holden used cast iron. Update the suspension in the GTO, change the front fascia to reflect more Camaro bloodlines, keep the LS1/6-speed with a bump in horsepower and my wife's got one in the garage:macho

Lifted from GM-Truck.com but have you guys seen the 2006 Sierra? Can you say SuperDuty? Don't get me wrong, I think the SuperDuty is a great looking truck but I wish GM would've variated a little more towards their own styling.

Tommy 17
06-26-2004, 08:35 AM
guy i totaly agree with you... i just hope the new camaro looks half decent and hopefully uses some of the gen 1 body styling...

personally i think that new sierra looks like a ram... big ugly arse open grill... i hate the look of rams!!!!!

HoNdAdude48
06-26-2004, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by 250R
I'll tell you what happened to the camaro....the mustang simply put it out of business. While I am brand loyal (Ford), that is the simple fact. Plus, mullets are no longer in style. Another thing. the Ford GT is not a V10, it is a 5.4L superharged engine. Same variation as in the Lightning. I really hated to see the camero go, especialy since Ford has no trouble selling base V6's, Mach 1's, GT's, Cobras. What will the owners of these cars have to pick on now? Also, I do not give any props to Civic's...grow up and get something with real horsepower.

dude, i give them props, cuz it is impressive that some of those things are as quick as they are. everyone has there own opinion, i would never in my life own an import. im prolly the biggest all-american power goo-roo youve ever met. and as far as getting something with real hp, lmao, have you not seen our car? 2100hp out of a sbc is alot of hp last time i checked. but i agree about the camaro "going out of buisness" because of the mustang, like i said, im starting to like where ford is going in the performance department.

HoNdAdude48
06-26-2004, 10:42 AM
man, that gmc is a discrace, they need to DEFINATLy redesign that, it looks way to much like an f-2 or 350.

Chef
06-27-2004, 11:04 PM
. and as far as getting something with real hp, lmao, have you not seen our car? 2100hp out of a sbc is alot of hp last time i checked. .

You need to get in the real world kid, he wasnt even aiming that directly at you. It was aimed at the owners of the civics. You don't need to act like your vette is the king of all cars, because its not.

HoNdAdude48
07-06-2004, 01:36 PM
no, im not saying that at all dude, i thought he was talking to me, cuz it sure sounded like it. i know my car isnt the most badass car out there, ive never thought that and i never will. im just sayin, thats insane hp out of a sbc. i was just provin my point, i know what im talkin about.

250R
07-06-2004, 01:39 PM
Awww guys, I was just stirring the pot.

JWhite
07-06-2004, 03:57 PM
Here is my (the one on the left) '04 F150 w/2.5" Daystar Lift, 305/70/17 MT/R's, and a stock motor for now.

http://webpages.charter.net/witchblade/Images/Misc/Mine2.jpg

This below is alot like the look I am going for. I will have a different hood but the ghost flames will be real similar, just a little darker.

http://webpages.charter.net/witchblade/Images/Misc/02f150.jpg

MOFO
07-06-2004, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by JWhite
Here is my (the one on the left) '04 F150 w/2.5" Daystar Lift, 305/70/17 MT/R's, and a stock motor for now.

http://webpages.charter.net/witchblade/Images/Misc/Mine2.jpg

This below is alot like the look I am going for. I will have a different hood but the ghost flames will be real similar, just a little darker.

http://webpages.charter.net/witchblade/Images/Misc/02f150.jpg

nice truck!

holy EXRiders sticker! :eek2:

Pappy
07-06-2004, 04:44 PM
nice truck!

holy EXRiders sticker! :eek2:

yeah id say he is doing his part to spread the exriders name...and doing it on a fine looking ride:macho

JWhite
07-06-2004, 09:36 PM
Thanks.

I had one that says PAPPYRIDERS on it too. My buddy did that as a joke. I was like ???. Anyways I gave it to a kid for his toyota (real sweet one) and I think he is running it.

Just thought I'd share that. hehehe

The letter style is Battlefield.

Pappy
07-07-2004, 08:14 AM
Thanks.

I had one that says PAPPYRIDERS on it too.

its ok, ive gotton a ton of work thanks to the people that bash me:p taking the high road works wonders:D id thank them but i dont speak trashanese:blah:

lil400exman
07-07-2004, 02:58 PM
dude, the ford gt was a major let down in the performance department. c'mon, its a v-10 with a blower, i was expecting like 550-600 hp at least. its only got like right at 500. i would much rather have a vette than anything, all motor v-8 (no supercharger or anything) making 405 hp. slap a procharger on there for about $5,000 and you got your self 550hp EASY! I would never buy a ford gt, the stylings right on q, but i was expecting more. i would own any of their mustangs though, both my cousin's have saleens, & i myself would not mind having a Mach-1, or one of those bullit stangs.
do you even hear yourself? i swear 500hp is more than almost anyone needs on a track. anything over 450hp is just bragging rights really. i mean the GT is so light it couldnt apply anymore power to the ground. is getting to be like the super bikes today. sure one may be 30mph faster than the other but honestly will you ever search out the full top speed of the bike? also as a rule of thumb a ford car is lighter than a GM car so they dont need as much CI. also a inline engine has much more toruqe cause the firing order always has a compression stroke. next off,reliabilty goes to the japanese. i mean look at the reliability ratings. my 78 Fj-40 landcruiser whoops up on jeeps and goes places where locked and long arm jeeps struggle to go. also jap cars rule the reliability ratings. also for a built car i would go with a rotoary machine. you just cant beat the power to weight ratio. sure they made sound ricer-ish but when ur crucing at 80 and smoke the tires with a RX-7 you will be a believer. if i am going to build a street car i will build a RX. i wouldnt "rice" it but i would make it look sharp. by the way- please talk with fact not opinion;) :rolleyes:

JWhite
07-07-2004, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
its ok, ive gotton a ton of work thanks to the people that bash me:p taking the high road works wonders:D id thank them but i dont speak trashanese:blah:

I don't think of it as a bash at all buddy. I thought it was pretty cool. My sign guy made it for kicks and the other guy wanted it bad. We all know what you do and we know you do it real well. It wasn't meant like that, I'm sure.

Pappy
07-07-2004, 03:37 PM
I don't think of it as a bash at all buddy. I thought it was pretty cool. My sign guy made it for kicks and the other guy wanted it bad. We all know what you do and we know you do it real well. It wasn't meant like that, I'm sure.

thats cool. im just used to seeing it used in a negative way:p oh well, you do what you can do.

back to the trucks. has anyone with a doge had any trouble with front brakes:mad: my 2500 hasnt had any issues, but my dakota and another dodge both had front brakes wear out along with the calipers and rotors beofre 10,000 miles:( they covered one but claim the dakota doesnthave a problem:confused: wtf, if i hit my brakes at 80 mph the damn coffee in my cup jumps out:grr:

i know i know...shoulda bought a chevy. well if they would get a reasonable dealer in this area i would have:p

MOFO
07-07-2004, 07:35 PM
Yep, normal problem for the Dakotas to go through front rotors that fast. My buddy has a new 4 door Dakota and he's been through 2 sets of rotors in under 35,000 miles...both symptoms were warped rotors. I've also heard that Dodge used too small of a brake system, so they heat up more than normal with normal stops then warp.