PDA

View Full Version : Removing Parking Brake!

LdiBiTi300EX
06-16-2004, 10:07 AM
Hey Guys!

I want to remove my God Damn parking brake but I want to do a good job. I tought to remove to wire first and after remove the parking brake system on the rear brake.Is there any thing to be careful with ?

Thanx a lot!

98 300EX

-Fmf Full System
-Dyno Jets Kits
-Uni air filter
-Razr Front And Rear

TC426EX
06-16-2004, 10:14 AM
Just unattach it from the rear caliper, and get a parking brake blockoff. Then just pull the calbe out and remove the little wiring from the perch. You want to tape or zip tie that with the little button OUT not pushed in. Youll need a new perch and clutch lever if you want to do it right and after that you are done.

TCracin440ex
06-16-2004, 01:43 PM
ok....you want an e-brake block off take off the cable and stock clutch lever/perch....after that....take the tape off the wire harness near the nutral over ride switch...cut the 2 wires and tie them togethere and tape them back to the wiring harness...they are hidden....

now she will start in anygear...and u dont have to have the clutch pulled in either....but i like myne alot better than i like that big goober arse stock lever

if you dont take the nutral over ride button off...your going to have to put your quad in nutral every time u want to crank it up...n that blows

TC426EX
06-16-2004, 02:50 PM
If you leave the button on like I said and you leave it so it is out you can start your bike in any gear. I just didnt want to cut my wiring when I did it. It has the same effect.

RoadkillerRyan
08-12-2004, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by TCracin440ex
ok....you want an e-brake block off take off the cable and stock clutch lever/perch....after that....take the tape off the wire harness near the nutral over ride switch...cut the 2 wires and tie them togethere and tape them back to the wiring harness...they are hidden....

now she will start in anygear...and u dont have to have the clutch pulled in either....but i like myne alot better than i like that big goober arse stock lever

if you dont take the nutral over ride button off...your going to have to put your quad in nutral every time u want to crank it up...n that blows
what two wires are you all talkin about :confused:

JOEX
08-12-2004, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by RoadkillerRyan
what two wires are you all talkin about :confused:
The two that attach to the little black box on the clutch lever perch.:)

sparky450AR
08-12-2004, 10:28 PM
Also, put a gasket sealer around the inside edges of the block of plate. If you dont, dirt will get in there and sieze your calliper.

spud400ex
08-13-2004, 12:08 PM
i took the two wires and put a jumper wire between them so that is easier to return it to stock when i sell the quad.

'03'300ex'er
08-13-2004, 09:15 PM
if your talking about a 300 like you stated you can just take off the cable and put in your block off on. i retightened my bolt that goes through my perch a little tighter so the little parking lever wont flop around or you could use a zip tie like someone said. but if you change your perch you have to do some remodeling if you still want reverse. hope this helps

ny300exrider
08-30-2004, 05:20 PM
sorry to bump up an old thread.. i took off the part from the caliper and took out the black box. i took the two wires from the box off. now there are the two wires off and two little metal prongs on the black box where the wires fit into. when i twist and tape the two wires together, wherr in the black box do i tape it back into? anyone know what i mean?

pretty much where on the box do i retape the two twisted wires

ny300exrider
08-30-2004, 05:45 PM
im just confused on where the wires go after they are twisted together can you explain the ending steps. like you take the two wires out of the box then on from there im a bit confused

ny300exrider
08-30-2004, 05:52 PM
ok im real sorry for all of these posts but do i need to black box anymore?can i tape the two wires together and stick them in the the light box

ny300exrider
08-30-2004, 06:19 PM
ok im stupid i answered my own question and got it going. what a waste of posts

Axis400exRider
08-30-2004, 08:17 PM
You don't have to do anything, take off the parking brake cable off the front, you clutch lever will be able to go up and down, like 1/2 inch, take it off the back and screw the bolt back in and your good to go, no block offs or anything are necessary.

Axis400exRider
08-30-2004, 08:22 PM
forgot about the wires, just the stuff i said up there /\ /\ /\ and the wires, your good to go | | |