PDA

View Full Version : PRM Skidplates~!!!!!

Lil90man!!
03-25-2002, 02:15 PM
Ok Two questions one, seein how i cracked my piece of crap bottom skid in half on my ex:mad: i need a new one! i have a prm rear skid and i wanna get there bottom skid too how does it mount to the bike?? i can see it using the same bolts as the one plastic one but in the front there are no holes or anything for it to bolt up too??? and what abount in the front on most bikes they have aftermarket front bumpers too and i noticed the skidplates go under them, but what if your cheap like me and keep the stock front bumper!?!? it is right aginst the frame does the new skidplate go outside of it or what?? i am just wondering try'n to get my facts straight, and secondly for a freindone, Does any companys out there make full skid plates for the "new" ranchers?? i know that prm makes a-arm guards and bottom skids does anyone make the rear one?? all the places he has talked to told him that since they were "new" noone made them yet??? thanks for any replies guys!

03-25-2002, 03:25 PM
I could be wrong about the PRM chassis skid plate, but I'm sure they have hangers and/or mounting brackets that fit over the frame tubing and are fastened down by a countersunk bolt under the skid plate. The front is bent up and fits widthwise between the front bumber... There shouldn't be any interference with the stock or aftermarket front bumber. Good luck.

Leo
03-25-2002, 03:36 PM
http://www.exriders.com/reviews/skids.shtml

the bolt heads you can see on the bottom of the skid plate are attached to small plates that go on top of the frame..

Leo

Honda Guy
03-27-2002, 06:45 PM
On a 400EX it has aluminum brackets and it works really good except with my AC standard nerfs I can't put on one of the brackets so when you get on the gas sometimes it rattles. Mabe you can put if on some way I dont see though. Also I have a question does a frame skid block air flow and make ur engine run hotter?

MADHATTER
04-03-2002, 06:18 PM
I just put a full skid plate on my ex, and it was almost more trouble than it was worth. I couldn't put on the middle bracket because of my nerf bars too, and yes there are brackets and bolts that come with it too. I had to grind and cut on a few parts. I also have a slightly used skid plate i would like to sell. E-mail me if your interested. mike.parks@techsolve.com: devil

ranger400ex
04-04-2002, 10:46 AM
Hey man try the maier polyethelne skids. I have had mine for alomost a year and ride hard in rocks and rough terrain. I have the full chassis skid and the a-arm skids and they have been the sh#t! The also include a one year against breakage, plus I got the chssis skid and arm skids for under $100. alot better than my old prm skids, they don't rus or scratch the frame and they dont bend or tear. check em out. I will try and post some pics of them soon, cause I wanted to have them for the time till I gave a thumbs up or down and they are a defintie thumbs up!!!!

BMW

shamisc
04-04-2002, 05:37 PM
HEY MADHATTER, ALL YOU HAVE TO DO WITH THAT CENTER MOUNTING BRACKET IS TURN THE BOLTS THE OTHER WAY AROUND ( NUT ON THE BOTTOM) AND KEEP TIGHTENING THEM UNTIL YOU HAVE ENOUGH CLEARANCE FOR YOUR NERFS. WORKED GREAT FOR ME. OF COURSE IS GOING TO RUIN THOSE TWO BOLTS, BUT IF YOU EVER HAVE TO TAKE THE SKID OFF, A GRINDER SHOULD TAKE THESE RIGHT OFF! :cool: